Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big O’s 150th, first Lions ruckman to ever reach that fete next week.

Changes, Joyce for Payne and Reville in for McKenna. Got to get Bruce back in.
Good changes (providing Payne fails to get up).

McKenna typically off the pace again. Brain or Reville in.

Without looking into the game and/or teams to much at this stage, can I just ask the MC to please put some ****ing time into Jones this week. He’s burnt us in both games this year.

I think we need Brain or (dare I say) Madden for this one. We'll need as much pace as possible to run back and cover their smalls in Daniels, Jones and so on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope Payne gets up, GWS would be the one side left I'd feel we'd absolutely need him for.

Sharp for Mckenna as Sub.

Fletch has been average for a while now, but can't see him making way.

Really hope Payne gets up, GWS would be the one side left I'd feel we'd absolutely need him for.

Sharp for Mckenna as Sub.

Fletch has been average for a while now, but can't see him making way.

The issue I struggle with, which I think fish whiting has raised and I agree with, is sharps ONE WOOD is his running and if you use him as sun it is kind of a waste. I also think he takes a little bit to get into games.

This will probably sound crazy but I almost think it’s a good thing GWS beat us twice this year. We are both quality teams. Odds on one team beating the other 3 zip are low. GWS will be very confident due to the H&A wins(Perhaps over confident?) whilst we will be hungry to make up for it.

Similar to 2022 after falling over the line against the Tigers in the Gabba elimination final you could tell we really reset our focus and set ourselves to knock the Demons over. Mentally we went to another level. That was after they’d flogged us twice in the H&A season including belting us(by 70 odd?) in the final round at the Gabba plus all the media carry on/distraction around Zorks/Petty. It was arguably the most mature performance I’ve seen from us under Fagan. Daniher was a late out as well but we just found a way with a terrific team effort.

I expect us to prepare in a similar fashion this week with the added motivation of getting one back on the Giants for knocking us out in straight sets on our home turf in 2019.

Hopefully if we do win in a similar fashion next week to that 2022 semi final victory the following weeks prelim against the Cats at the MCG pans out differently.

To be honest with the way this season has panned out with the early season losses, the number of ACL’s to key personnel and the losses late to fall out of the top 4, I’d really just like to make another prelim and give ourselves another chance. Obviously it would suck to not make the grand final from there but if we can win a semi final and get back to a prelim I will see it as more of a free hit and be content either way knowing with some injury luck and the returns/inclusions of Kiddy, Levi, Doedee and Linc we should go in favourites next season.

Sharp for Fletcher, Fletcher becomes the sub.
Joyce for Payne.

Took McKenna out of the side, as some of his kicks looked atrocious last night, and he keeps leaving his opponents open. Zorko already does that, don’t need two Zorkos.

Need the midfield to lift when the going gets tough. Third and fourth quarters will not fly in a granny. Sure we missed shots and stuffed up opportunities, but the mids almost stopped trying in the last 10mins leading to those last minute goals.

Sydney member here.

I’m after 3 member numbers for wife and two friends for Saturdays game against GWS.

Would be super grateful if any Lions members would be able to share their member numbers to help me get 3 tix tomorrow.

Send me a PM if you can help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back