Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait to see this defence running around next year.

FB: Starcevich, Payne, Lester
HB: Zorko, Andrews, Coleman

Int: Wilmot and Doedee

Huh?

Is this 3KZ "logic"?
😂🥳🎉☝️

Love your work. Are you going to the GWS game? Desperate to see us win, so I can get to the Preliminary Final at the MCG and then another Grand Final.

I think we can do it!

That's going to be a massive call later in the week. Could be a game turning decision.

Payne is the ideal match up for Hogan, as opposed to whatever the **** was going on with the Harris/Joyce scenario a few weeks ago.

Payne doesn't usually play as well when he's carrying something, although the other thing in his favour is whilst he has the strength to go with him, Hogan also doesn't cover the ground as much as other key forwards, so therefore Payne will hopefully have to cover less distance throughout the game.

Really, really hope he gets up and recovers for this game.

That's going to be a massive call later in the week. Could be a game turning decision.

Payne is the ideal match up for Hogan, as opposed to whatever the **** was going on with the Harris/Joyce scenario a few weeks ago.

Payne doesn't usually play as well when he's carrying something, although the other thing in his favour is whilst he has the strength to go with him, Hogan also doesn't cover the ground as much as other key forwards, so therefore Payne will hopefully have to cover less distance throughout the game.

I don't think this is accurate about Hogan

I don't think this is accurate about Hogan
I'm not saying he doesn't get up the ground when required, but compared to say a Hipwood for example, he seems to cover less than those types of forwards. Different types of players obviously.

Although, depending on how the game is going for them, I don't know if this is just me (maybe dlanod can help), but it seems if the game ISN'T on their terms, he seems to try and inject himself a bit more by getting up the ground a bit more. Seems to have become a bit of a leader for them in that aspect. Would that be fair?

I'm not saying he doesn't get up the ground when required, but compared to say a Hipwood for example, he seems to cover less than those types of forwards. Different types of players obviously.

Although, depending on how the game is going for them, I don't know if this is just me (maybe dlanod can help), but it seems if the game ISN'T on their terms, he seems to try and inject himself a bit more by getting up the ground a bit more. Seems to have become a bit of a leader for them in that aspect. Would that be fair?

This is from our last match.

Screenshot_20240909_120218_AFL.jpg

Pretty accurate. He'd rather stay home and own the forward 50, but if the ball movement starts lagging he'll work his way right up for a bailout contested mark, whereas Hipwood and Daniher almost have to work their way right up because we'll often leave Charlie in that role in the 50.

This is from our last match.

View attachment 2105779
Yeah okay fair. We were dominating that game though, which as I said above, he seems to try and get more involved when the team is struggling outside the attacking 50, which is a good leadership trait to have.

Although with that graph above and his previous so-so form playing with injury I would want us to be pretty confident that Payne could go with him, otherwise it may be better to play a fit Joyce and hope we get through. I guess either has risk involved.

If he gets up there will be massive pressure on the sub selection. Might see Joyce as the sub and a shuffle if payne goes down again.

If he gets up there will be massive pressure on the sub selection. Might see Joyce as the sub and a shuffle if payne goes down again.
Thought about this but in the end having Joyce as the sub is a waste. He cant impact the game. If Payne's MCL can't last a full game then we shouldn't play him. I think it is that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought about this but in the end having Joyce as the sub is a waste. He cant impact the game. If Payne's MCL can't last a full game then we shouldn't play him. I think it is that simple.

It's one of those guesses the coaches have to make. Very stressful decision I reckon.

Lester has to play because of injuries

If we're replacing McKenna we won't be replacing him with a midfielder to play defence for the first time in a final because 1 that's stupid and 2 we don't need another defender, we played an extra one last week

Lester has to play because of injuries !!! He would be one of the first players selected - every week.

Lester has to play because of injuries !!! He would be one of the first players selected - every week.
This is an insightful post. You are clearly very intelligent and know lots about football.

A positive for us is the tight nature of the GWS Sydney game. Was super intense the whole way through and gws used all their energy in the last 10 minutes trying to stay alive.

Sure they have a week to recover, but it still takes a toll.

Our blistering start meant we rocked through probably half the game in a energy saving mode.

Ryan Lester World Series of Poker.

Nathan Barley’s hand:
1725859654739.jpeg

royboys4eva’s hand:
Royal-Flush-poker-card-game-gambling.jpg

Nathan Barley goes “All In” again.

Moving on.

I'm Monday confident. We played the first third and last quarter of Saturday's game.

First quarter was hard fought, carlton tried hard so a few rushed behinds with 5 goals 5 behinds.

Second quarter we geared up,, then they found their backbone and pride but we dominated with 4 2.

Third quarter we took our game down a level. Conserving energy and we kicked 1 5. When I sail my small dinghy with three sails it gets hectic. To get manoeuvres right I have to pull my concentration in just before I move. When I'm on autopilot and not specifically focusing, manoeuvres are rubbish. Slow, inefficient and i don' end up where i need to be. I think this is the same for the goal shots. Players just not pulling it all together in that moment.

Fourth quarter, and Carlton were contesting. We took the contest seriously and managed to turn back on, something that hasn't worked for us at stages during the year. Big plus right there. We also got our goal kicking focus back and kicked 4 2 again.

Our best is fabulous, our autopilot system is rubbish, but we can break opposition momentum.

We got this.

Our best hope is to keep it out of their forward half and to pressure their ball carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back