Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harsh.

He’s a serviceable backup backup tall defender…it’s not his fault we’ve had so many injuries in that area and had to play him far more this season than his development and pay scale would indicate
Yes , I think Joyce should be appreciated not put down .

We were lucky to have him on standby and still are , he played well enough when we had no backmen left and with protective gear for the injury he had .

Deserves a bit of respect imo.

We were lucky to have him on standby and still are , he played well enough when we had no backmen left and with protective gear for the injury he had .

100%. He is literally the last cab off the rank. Not best 22, but a damn good 5th KPD. Compare Joyce to any other teams 5th KPD and I'd almost guarantee he'd be better than most.

Almost all 5th string KPDs would not get a game at any of the 18 clubs as a walkon best 23. Joyce would be straight up best 23 at probably 6-8 clubs.

Him playing at the level he has really saved our season given the injury toll we have had down back.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Joyce’s form after he got an extended run in the side.

Only thing I’d say though is if Payne doesn’t get up, then we need to hope Harris has the same trust in Joyce to perform his role and not try and overplay his hand thinking he needs to be there to help all the time.

I’d be pretty confident in saying if Harris plays the same way he played against the Giants last game we’ll lose this game. We need him at his intercepting best to be a chance imo and that starts with trusting Joyce (or Payne) to take care of their job.

I’m at training I’ve got a few pics and overheard a few things
Will post details soon
Payne running in brace and he’s doesn’t come across negative. Few smiles
78 close-up videos in slow-mo of Payne's run throughs please :) this is the content i need at work

Agree with the previous comment re if Joyce plays, Harris needs to just back him in. I think he only lost one 1v1 to Hogan last time. Give him a chance, Harris just needs to worry about his own usual game, would assume he would get Keefe and zone off him, Lester to Cadman? Cadman hurt us late but seemed to have nobody really on him when flying for marks, Froggy only 2cm shorter and bigger body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good call. There can be no doubt he is giving 100% and we need him. Not that long ago there were people constantly bagging Lester and look at how vital he is to our team. Joyce just needs some confidence and an ounce of luck. He has the body and as Harris Andrews said in his recent presser, an understanding of our defensive structures. I’d play him for Payne without hesitation, if Payne doesn’t get up.

Goal kicking practice looks good.
Ah Chee, Morris, Bailey, Lohmann, Rayner really making an effort
Particularly ah Chee and Morris.
Ah Chee slotting them.
Ah Chee has become a very reliable set shot kicker. Doesnt waste his chances

They might need to watch our smalls as well
Charlie, Lohmann, Ah Chee and Bailey are going to rip it up this weekend. Rayner to turn it on, Joe to keep making the defensive efforts that were so impressive against Carlton, Morris to take hangers and Hippy to find form. GWS must be very very nervous.

Good call. There can be no doubt he is giving 100% and we need him. Not that long ago there were people constantly bagging Lester and look at how vital he is to our team. Joyce just needs some confidence and an ounce of luck. He has the body and as Harris Andrews said in his recent presser, an understanding of our defensive structures. I’d play him for Payne without hesitation, if Payne doesn’t get up.
Well said, and I'd debate he is the 5th KPD in our squad. Gardner had been moved forward, with Payne and Harris fit there was no real room for him and we dont know how or if he will make it back from the knee reconstruction. Doedee we are taking on reputation, 3 knee reconstructions he may not be the player the Crows sometimes saw. Hipwood - yeahhh narrrrrr. I think Joyce has stood tall, Ive watched most of his games live and he works hard, I'd say the only thing is Harris Andrews toys to protect him a little and doesn't play with his own freedom as much when Payne is there but Harris was the same when Payne first started in the team. Zane Zakostelsky seems a long long way off from the games I've watch so in my mind Joyce is a serviceable No 3 and if we can just free up Harris a bit when Joyce is in the team I'd say keep developing him as Payne, from his time on the list, seems a bit delicate for the monster he is and wont play a full season.

Almost all 5th string KPDs would not get a game at any of the 18 clubs as a walkon best 23. Joyce would be straight up best 23 at probably 6-8 clubs.

Him playing at the level he has really saved our season given the injury toll we have had down back.
Agree
As i have previously mentioned he has played 6 AFL games this season.
We won 4 and the 2 losses were Pies & GWS of which most on BF believe we should have won except for horrible accuracy

now that i'm back at my desk a few more things

• Payne jogged the 3quarters of the length of the field and back around 12-13 times. He ;looked positive was smiling and chatting with Hudson, suitcases and Doodee.
  • Hipwood just did some handballs and a few laps of the field (daly asked him how is it and he replied same maybe a little tighter)
  • Linc McCarthy was talking up how good he feels.
  • Doodee looked very mobile.
  • Did not see Kiddy coleman at all.
  • Zorko and Ashcroft were just doing handballs and both went back in the sheds early.
Time was put into goalkicking by a few of the forwards.

Body language was very positive and smile all round. Maybe Hipwood looked off.

Highlight was Dew one step from 60 out and slots it.

now that i'm back at my desk a few more things

• Payne jogged the 3quarters of the length of the field and back around 12-13 times. He ;looked positive was smiling and chatting with Hudson, suitcases and Doodee.
  • Hipwood just did some handballs and a few laps of the field (daly asked him how is it and he replied same maybe a little tighter)
  • Linc McCarthy was talking up how good he feels.
  • Doodee looked very mobile.
  • Did not see Kiddy coleman at all.
  • Zorko and Ashcroft were just doing handballs and both went back in the sheds early.
Time was put into goalkicking by a few of the forwards.

Body language was very positive and smile all round. Maybe Hipwood looked off.

Highlight was Dew one step from 60 out and slots it.

Elixuh likes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back