Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Joyce’s form after he got an extended run in the side.

Only thing I’d say though is if Payne doesn’t get up, then we need to hope Harris has the same trust in Joyce to perform his role and not try and overplay his hand thinking he needs to be there to help all the time.

I’d be pretty confident in saying if Harris plays the same way he played against the Giants last game we’ll lose this game. We need him at his intercepting best to be a chance imo and that starts with trusting Joyce (or Payne) to take care of their job.
Absolutely. I think we can concede Hogan will kick between 3 & 5 goals, he's done that for the past 9 weeks (there was a 2 and a 6 in there) and he's likely to do it again regardless of who plays on him. However Harris can give us so much more if he trusts the rest of the backline to do what they do.

We've kicked 3.95 better than GWS this season.
We've conceded 12.62 less than GWS this season.

Focus on our game this week, get our forwards plenty of shots on goal. Trust our backline to do their job. We will win.

now that i'm back at my desk a few more things

• Payne jogged the 3quarters of the length of the field and back around 12-13 times. He ;looked positive was smiling and chatting with Hudson, suitcases and Doodee.
  • Hipwood just did some handballs and a few laps of the field (daly asked him how is it and he replied same maybe a little tighter)
  • Linc McCarthy was talking up how good he feels.
  • Doodee looked very mobile.
  • Did not see Kiddy coleman at all.
  • Zorko and Ashcroft were just doing handballs and both went back in the sheds early.
Time was put into goalkicking by a few of the forwards.

Body language was very positive and smile all round. Maybe Hipwood looked off.

Highlight was Dew one step from 60 out and slots it.

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

Haha there’s our sub right there!

Feels like hippy could have had some more rest? At least missed essendon game?
Coleman also seems the furthest back of all the knees, even though he did it first, i seem to recall someone saying not long ago he was still wearing a big brace?

Charlie, Lohmann, Ah Chee and Bailey are going to rip it up this weekend. Rayner to turn it on, Joe to keep making the defensive efforts that were so impressive against Carlton, Morris to take hangers and Hippy to find form. GWS must be very very nervous.
Joe is such a reliable finals player - so good to have him.

Worth noting that Hawthorn's backline is pretty short.Didnt worry them against WBwho have all sorts of talls..
Trend seems to be shorter and mobile.See Swans as well

Last edited:
Yes that's the 1 I remember too.

So we are 1 from 1 being crap in the wet.

That's a 100% strike rate

To be fair to the boys that wasn’t just wet, that was some of the heaviest rain I’ve ever seen in Brisbane.

The weather radar was wild, there were two separate storm systems travelling in opposite directions that collided directly over woolloongabba

Coleman also seems the furthest back of all the knees, even though he did it first, i seem to recall someone saying not long ago he was still wearing a big brace?

1C4A0022.JPG

pretty sure Chris Fagan mentioned that Kiddy had some sort of setback in his recovery last week (when asked about the miracle of Doc’s 6-month return).

pretty sure Chris Fagan mentioned that Kiddy had some sort of setback in his recovery last week
Yeah, didn't get any details on what the setback was. Though Ashcroft had a setback too if I remember correctly.
"... A lot of the planets would have to align [for him to return this year] because Keidean did his knee in the same game. And he won't be anywhere close to playing until about Round 1 next year. But he's had 1 little setback"

He was moving like a glacier there as you'd expect 3 days out from a fairly significant knock. I just don't think he has the time to get right for Saturday but we could leave it till the last minute.
There’s a world of difference between running 1/4 pace in a straight line and having to run flat out and constantly changing direction. Rather than playing ‘ducks and drakes’ we should just tell Joyce he’s playing for Payne. Wouldn’t be surprised if that has happened and the “will Payne get up” stuff is just for the media and to keep GWS guessing. I doubt that they will be expecting him to play either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something strange has happened to me in the last few days , I am actually very optimistic about this game .

Hopefully it’s not just some virus going around .
We will WIN!

Something strange has happened to me in the last few days , I am actually very optimistic about this game .

Agreed, in our 2 games against the Giants this year we have basically been pathetic for half the game. Can't see that happening in a semi final.

Yeah, didn't get any details on what the setback was. Though Ashcroft had a setback too if I remember correctly.
Look he still has heaps of time. But that seems way behind to be that heavily bandaged after 6 months? Maybe i am jumping at shadows haha

Normally 10 months if things go reasonably they are ready to play.

Will had setbacks and took 12 months, and another 2 months to get form back.

kiddy might have to find touch until mid 2025, which will be interesting given risky kicks are his business!

Look he still has heaps of time. But that seems way behind to be that heavily bandaged after 6 months? Maybe i am jumping at shadows haha
Probably just a precaution, or setback, than anything. He didn't have it on at training a few weeks ago

I'm feeling pretty good about this game - barring a couple of bad quarters and goal kicking we've generally been in great form for a fair while now. Will attack the game and feel like they are underdogs under less pressure than the opposition. We had an easy Wk1 and they had a very difficult one. Besides overall our away form has been quite good this year.

GWS are coming off 2 losses now. Vs Dogs in Round 24 and Swans in Quali. Repeat losses will start weighing down any team at some point. On the other hand we have recovered from our loss routine and posted 2 wins so far.

I expect a below par GWS on the back of those losses and us being primed to win this one. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back