Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I feel comfortable discussing our tactics in this thread when we don’t know whose side dlanod is really on. He could be passing all of this information back to Kevin Sheedy.

I’m not sure I feel comfortable discussing our tactics in this thread when we don’t know whose side dlanod is really on. He could be passing all of this information back to Kevin Sheedy.

Who'd win in a fight between peak Sheedy and Dew.

You're having each way bet there i see.
You are not going to do a Robbo and wear a second strip under the top one ;)
Tempted to wear my Giants shirt under my '03 Lions guernsey but that might be tempting fate.

He keeps saying who are you, how did you get this number, and who won the war?

Look he still has heaps of time. But that seems way behind to be that heavily bandaged after 6 months? Maybe i am jumping at shadows haha

Normally 10 months if things go reasonably they are ready to play.

Will had setbacks and took 12 months, and another 2 months to get form back.

kiddy might have to find touch until mid 2025, which will be interesting given risky kicks are his business!

My nephew has a set back with his acl reconstruction- there was a bit of material floating in the joint. He had a arthroscope (I think that's right) and the delay was only a week or two for swelling. It didn't impact the regain in strength.

Fingers crossed eh.

GWS are coming off 2 losses now. Vs Dogs in Round 24 and Swans in Quali. Repeat losses will start weighing down any team at some point. On the other hand we have recovered from our loss routine and posted 2 wins so far.

I expect a below par GWS on the back of those losses and us being primed to win this one. Can't wait.

Teams that lose always work harder. They might just be that little less fresh and we run over then at the end. Hopefully.

Edit unless they have thrown the towel in. But gws are not a throw the towel in team.

Payne will play for sure IMO - without any structural damage to the knee and a semi final, worth the risk
I think they’ll go the other way and bank on winning against GWS and having Payne right for the Preliminary. Time will tell.

Teams that lose always work harder. They might just be that little less fresh and we run over then at the end. Hopefully.

Edit unless they have thrown the towel in. But gws are not a throw the towel in team.
According to the telstra tracker GWS covered 20km more that our boys.
...having said that, Fish mentioned that the Lions are generally lower than the opposition - but on this occasion it's certainly fair to assume GWS had a much tougher hit out than the Lions.

Both team have a 7-day turnaround and no travel after the game, so I wouldn't be banking too much on us running over them at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year two top 4 sides went out in straight sets, Port and Melbourne. This year it will be Port and GWS. As they say in horse racing circles, “winning form is good form” and we are going to beat GWS by ten lengths. 🏇

Luke Hodge mentioned on the news tonight going in with Payne is a big risk.
If Payne gets through training and given the ok to play i think they take the risk.
However, if Payne does pass a fitness test Joyce has to be the sub in my opinion because it is a known knowns.

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

now that i'm back at my desk a few more things

• Payne jogged the 3quarters of the length of the field and back around 12-13 times. He ;looked positive was smiling and chatting with Hudson, suitcases and Doodee.
  • Hipwood just did some handballs and a few laps of the field (daly asked him how is it and he replied same maybe a little tighter)
  • Linc McCarthy was talking up how good he feels.
  • Doodee looked very mobile.
  • Did not see Kiddy coleman at all.
  • Zorko and Ashcroft were just doing handballs and both went back in the sheds early.
Time was put into goalkicking by a few of the forwards.

Body language was very positive and smile all round. Maybe Hipwood looked off.

Highlight was Dew one step from 60 out and slots it.
Great updates. Thanks for heading out to Springers and sharing all the news with us 🙂

Worth noting that Hawthorn's backline is pretty short.Didnt worry them against WBwho have all sorts of talls..
Trend seems to be shorter and mobile.See Swans as well
Hawthorn defend their back 6 simply by preventing the ball getting down there in the first place. Leading the league for conceding inside 50s I believe.

I can remember a few
I knew as soon as I posted that someone would point out an easy one he missed that I've blocked from my memory. I should have said rarely. He'd still be close to the most reliable set shots we have (Bailey and McCarthy set the standard)

So teams that lose always work harder, unless they are less fresh and don’t work as hard as the winner?

Luke Hodge mentioned on the news tonight going in with Payne is a big risk.
If Payne gets through training and given the ok to play i think they take the risk.
However, if Payne does pass a fitness test Joyce has to be the sub in my opinion because it is a known knowns.

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

"Dont get beaten by the things you know"

- David King !

Yep they wont hand it to us on a platter but the 2 losses mean I expect some doubts in their mind. It may just take a momentary fumble, missing targets in general play, missing goals etc - but it'll still be up to us to win it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back