Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Robbo.
The name's Barrett, Jake Barrett...

Deeper cuts aside, my first GWS guernsey has #6 on the back in honour of the player who captained both clubs. My wife got it for me back in season 1 - she actually had to deal with the club directly because they hadn't set up any infrastructure about getting numbers, etc done. :D

How rude. They didn't have the "choose your own seat" function up and running at 3pm when the general public sale started.

But I kept going in and out til I got top tier seats. And bought 5 concession tickets. Up yours Ticketmaster/AFL.
I have an idea for a comedy skit.

Twenty people are out side a venue trying to get a ticket to go in using Tiketec (or the other one). They keep getting messages like timed out, site down, wrong password, wrong user name, user name already in use etc, etc., until they all realise, one by one, that they are all dead and this is hell.

I was trying to get into a Blue Jays game a few years ago anf this was happening until one of the game attendants grabbed my phone, down loaded the Canadian Ticketek thingo, bought me a ticket, took the canadian site off the phone and put the Aussie one back on!

What a guy

what aguy.gif

Last edited:

It'll really hurt if we lose by a close margin and the Giants go on to beat the Cats in the prelim and win the grand final.
We do have a great track record of getting knocked out by the premiers and grand finalists over the last 5 years of finals

Eventually they may get it correct when just 2 sides remaining.
I'd give them a 50/50 chance.

They'll probably get it right on Monday the 30th. Probably.

What's arguably more concerning than our goal kicking is our 4th quarters. Don't think we've won a 4th quarter since round 21. The last time we've won a last quarter against a top 8 team was against Sydney in round 19.

There's a thousand things you could worry about if you analyse stats. It doesn't stop you turning up on the day and defying all the analytical mumbo jumbo .

We've got just about our best team out there . We've got some injury niggles like every other team still in it. The Giants are entitled to favoritism but I think it's a genuine 50/50 game and it's just a matter of us giving our best ,hoping a few things fall our way and being good enough.

We've found a few ways to lose finals over the last several years so that should hold us in good stead if it's a close contest.

There's a thousand things you could worry about if you analyse stats. It doesn't stop you turning up on the day and defying all the analytical mumbo jumbo .

We've got just about our best team out there . We've got some injury niggles like every other team still in it. The Giants are entitled to favoritism but I think it's a genuine 50/50 game and it's just a matter of us giving our best ,hoping a few things fall our way and being good enough.

We've found a few ways to lose finals over the last several years so that should hold us in good stead if it's a close contest.

How's this for a stat; we've won as many games as the Giants have this season

Plus a draw

Not sure where else to put this in lieu of a preview thread. I had planned to go to the game but I've suddenly been struck down by the flu.

If anyone is looking for two tickets let me know. I purchased Category 1 tickets ($101 each) in Section 203 (Level 1) Row E. Pretty close to centre wing.

Would be happy to heavily discount them for a Lions supporter so they're not a complete waste.

Send me a message if you're interested.

Foxsports power rankings.
Not that it will help us beating GWS on Saturday.
They will just have another power rankings next week with the 4 remaining teams.
Eventually they may get it correct when just 2 sides remaining.

1 Hawks, 2 Lions, 3 Swans, 4 Cats, 5 Giants.

Power not even deemed good enough to be 6th in a 6 horse race.

I actually think they are a decent chance of beating the Hawks on Friday night, Port bounced back well after we flogged them and they beat the Swans by 112 points not that long ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think they are a decent chance of beating the Hawks on Friday night, Port bounced back well after we flogged them and they beat the Swans by 112 points not that long ago.
Ha ha i missed them. Fixed
Agree Port are a chance if they get their act together.

I am hoping they bounce back too after Ginnivans antics.

I really do hope Port bounce back (and I think they can). Just to shut down the Hawks love fest thats going on. Its becoming sickening how much the media are falling for them. Personally would be happy to see them at the bottom of the ladder for a few more years yet

I really do hope Port bounce back (and I think they can). Just to shut down the Hawks love fest thats going on. Its becoming sickening how much the media are falling for them. Personally would be happy to see them at the bottom of the ladder for a few more years yet
I want port to win for the same reason....however just so we can slip under the radar Id be happy for all the attention to be on them if Hawks win and we in on the weekend. No ones really talking about us and I prefer that because as soon as we became the premiership favourite we dropped two games and blew it.

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Keidean ColemanKneeSeason
Tom DoedeeKneeSeason
Darcy GardinerKneeSeason
Kalin LaneKneeSeason
Lincoln McCarthyKneeSeason
Carter MichaelQuadSeason
Jack PayneKneeTest
Updated: September 10, 2024

Early prognosis​

Payne did a light session on Tuesday, running with a large brace on his injured knee. He'll be expected to do a lot more at Thursday's main session and the club is still hopeful the key defender will be available to play GWS. McCarthy and Doedee, who are four and five months respectively into rehab from ruptured ACLs, were also jogging on Tuesday. – Michael Whiting

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Wade DerksenToeSeason
Josh FaheyFoot2-3 weeks
Phoenix GothardCalfTBC
Cooper HamiltonAnkleSeason
Braydon Preuss BackSeason
Harry RowstonBackSeason
Updated: September 10, 2024

Early prognosis​

The Giants have made Toby Bedford (calf) available for Saturday night's semi-final against the Lions, though he'll be a selection decision. Derksen had surgery this week and will miss the rest of the season.. – Riley Beveridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back