Prediction Changes v Hawks in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope he's not very special either.

They're much of a muchness as you would expect for guys on the fringes of our best side.
Okay sure, I agree.

But why hound people for being mostly calmly upset in here as they have been and calling for selection integrity.

One bloke ranks elite for a small forward for goal assists, score launches, tackles. Above avg for SIs, tackles inside 50 shots at goal & avg for goals & PA

One ranks elite for GAs, avg for tackles, SIs & PAs & below avg for goals, shots on goal, tackles inside 50 & score launches

All key indicators for a small forward - I don’t disagree on how you view both West & VDM but don’t claim that people asking for selection integrity are playing favourites, especially bringing up his ability to hit the scoreboard when that’s clearly where his replacement struggles even more

How the **** can Bevo justify Rourke over Westy.

Like what has Rourke done at vfl level?? Any Best on Ground performances?

Yeah nah.
It's almost certainly not West v Roarke.

Probably wants cover at HB so he doesn't have to move Treloar or Williams back and also perhaps allows Daniel to further up the ground.

Probably wants cover at HB so he doesn't have to move Treloar or Williams back and also perhaps allows Daniel to further up the ground.
Will be interesting to see how we line up, with Doc back Treloar probably goes forward/mid again. Roarke has played almost exclusively wing for us so not sure where he fits with Williams & Hunter.

Don’t really want Roarke spending anytime forward, we really need to move away from butcherers HF/Wing as it’s why we completely break down when entering the 50 (and Bev is shocked at this?) if we spend most of the day with VDM, Roarke, Hunter & Treloar manning wing/HF spots were going to inevitably break down there once again.

I think Williams might go forward a bit, seemed to spend more time there last week and Hunter/Roarke majority of their games on the wing

Isn't that what the Duryea inclusion was for?

Isn't that what the Duryea inclusion was for?
Go back and watch the last quarter of the Final we lost against St. Kilda, maybe 2018, Roarke Smith was out marked 3-4 times in the last quarter in a game we should have won, he was not the worst in the G/f last year, but you will not win a premiership with fringe players like Roarke and Cordy.

Okay sure, I agree.

But why hound people for being mostly calmly upset in here as they have been and calling for selection integrity.

One bloke ranks elite for a small forward for goal assists, score launches, tackles. Above avg for SIs, tackles inside 50 shots at goal & avg for goals & PA

One ranks elite for GAs, avg for tackles, SIs & PAs & below avg for goals, shots on goal, tackles inside 50 & score launches

All key indicators for a small forward - I don’t disagree on how you view both West & VDM but don’t claim that people asking for selection integrity are playing favourites
Look. Im not hounding or telling anybody that they can't express their "upset." Nor am I writing off Rylee West as a player.

All I am doing is pointing out the obvious that Wests form has tapered off in the last 6 weeks. Its a position that would have this board screaming favouritism if it was any other player who has yet to truly establish themselves in the team, let alone the likes of McComb. West is no different than VDM, McNeil, Garcia Bedendo or any other young player on the fringes of the side in this regard.

He like all of these guys shouldn't be gifted games and should be replaced whenever they are out off form.

Call me a Bevo apologist, a stooge or just a clueless fool if you guys wish. But I'll always back the judgement of a mc that has somewhere between 20 and 40 contact hours and countless hours watching recorded vision of the players over anything said by anybody in here. Are they infallible? Of course not. Do they know more than you. I or anybody else on this board? Of course they do.

Rhylee West (omitted). WTF! Apart from Libba, he's probably the most committed to the contest. Dumb decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really wanted to see Maclean in before the end of the year :(
Really hasn’t even been given a sniff has he? Has he even been an emergency?

The only theory I can think of is that they’ve already ruled him out of AFL level since his return and have instead ensured he can get a good chunk of VFL games in so he can attack the preseason in full.

West should still be sub, but if the conditions aren’t great he should be a late change for Bruce as we’ve gone tall up forward.

Another mind boggling team selection though, I’m not sure if we’ve ever picked our best available 22 at any point of this season.

Really hasn’t even been given a sniff has he? Has he even been an emergency?

The only theory I can think of is that they’ve already ruled him out of AFL level since his return and have instead ensured he can get a good chunk of VFL games in so he can attack the preseason in full.

He was sub one game

Edit: Against Freo

Also that Hawks forward line, if that isn’t waving the white flag I don’t know what is.

Westy will probably be the sub. Just a thought. Weird decision to me but I don't think it's worth melting over
Not worth melting over on its own, but it’s just the latest in a long line of inexplicable selection decisions. I’m sick of it and sick of the coach, frankly.

I was a VDM fan when he first debuted for us but it feels like he has gone backwards after multiple soft tissue injuries. I'm just not sure why he is a lock whenever fit in the team.
I don’t think he has gone backwards I just don’t think he’s improved. He is the same player he was on debut. High speed, good work rate and effort but decision making and disposal let him down.

He panics with the ball and makes bad decisions or rushed decisions. He did that in his first few games and I noted it down to getting used to the speed of the game but here we are a couple years on and there has been no change.

I don’t think he has gone backwards I just don’t think he’s improved. He is the same player he was on debut. High speed, good work rate and effort but decision making and disposal let him down.

He panics with the ball and makes bad decisions or rushed decisions. He did that in his first few games and I noted it down to getting used to the speed of the game but here we are a couple years on and there has been no change.
I feel with Laith he needs a run of games to settle down a bit. He just keeps getting injured. If he could get 15 games in a row I have a feeling he would be much improved with the ball in hand. Of course, I could be totally wrong about this.

I feel with Laith he needs a run of games to settle down a bit. He just keeps getting injured. If he could get 15 games in a row I have a feeling he would be much improved with the ball in hand. Of course, I could be totally wrong about this.
His biggest run of games has been 10 in a row in 2020. He had some runs of 4-6 games since then. He’s played just over 30 games now, you would think that by now those instances of making poor decisions which undoes all his good work would be a lot less but they just haven’t decreased

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Hawks in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back