Prediction Changes v Hawks in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a 27 year old VFL standard player that has poor disposal and lacks any scope to improve and he is being played in front of players who at the very least are his equal with better skills and massive scope to improve given their age.

It’s nothing personal about McComb but in terms of football he shouldn’t be in the first 30 players for selection let alone ahead of guys like Garcia, McLean, Bedendo, Scott etc. through the year he’s been played in front of Hunter at times ffs.
West out of contract and gets dropped for McComb.....that will go down well

Also would like to see how many times we have promoted an un-used sub from one week into the starting 22, feels like it has happened a lot.

Wonder what West is thinking right about now lol
As was said in the WB Discord, this has the makings of Young all over again.

Your dropping a future required player for a nobody on our potential last game of the season when he hasn't signed a contract, would you bemoan him for going elsewhere? No.

Stupidest selection all year, dropping West for god damn Roake Smith.

Geez not surprising at all, not sure how this one’s defendable.

If we lose Westy because of this shit boy oh boy, no right to be dropped after his season considering his replacement

I think West has done enough this season to have cemented his place in the side and survive a poor game or two.

What he brings I don’t necessarily see from too many other players on our list so I think he should have held his spot in the team ahead of Roarke, who I actually don’t mind, but he plays a completely different role so he can’t replace Rhylee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team selection has been an issue for some time. I’ve often wondered if the MC are treating it like an under age kids team where they need to give everyone a chance and feel like because a player was the unused medi sub one week, we better give him a game the next.

Westy has been performing really well all season since he got into the team. He provides something that no one else maybe other than McNeil and Weightman provide and Weightman probably doesn’t crumb enough to be considered a true small forward. Rhylee pressures well, is clean with disposal generally and picking up ground balls, and converts opportunities as well. I really can’t believe he has been dropped to be honest. There have been plenty worse than him.

Bruce coming back fills a need of second ruck because Martin doesn’t cut it and Sweety can’t play forward as well, so I get that, but Roarke playing is not necessary. We have lots of back flankers and guys that can play wing/midfield. Why put another in the team?

I know it’s not the be all and end all and shouldn’t be the difference between winning and losing but the fact is that Rhylee has been a factor in lots of our better play up forward when it has happened and he gives 150% effort and his skills are not replicated by hardly anyone else in the selected side so he has a role. He should have been selected. I truly hope he stays and doesn’t despair like Lippa and Young did and go to greener pastures.

Makes no sense dropping West. Roarke wasn't banging the door down demanding to get selected. I thought West brought another level of pressure and aggression that no one else does. Sure, he hasn't been at his best the past couple weeks but small forwards will always be inconsistent and have down weeks, especially at the start of their careers. The only reason I could somewhat understand for him being dropped is if he isn't doing the team things being asked of him. Perhaps he's being too aggressive and Bevo wants him to back off a bit more? :think:

Obviously West hasn’t done enough to cement his spot in the side as this article assumed. Given his performance against the Hawks last time we played them (19 disposals, 12 contested, 13 score involvements, 3 goals, 6 marks, 5 tackles)
You think he would have been kept in the team. Sometimes this Match Committee just leave us all scratching our heads. What are they thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Hawks in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back