Prediction Changes v Hawks in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good point, even 27 is young if you’re coping abuse, any age is I guess, and mental health seems to be an issue amongst men. I’m surprised we are allowed to have a Majak Daw story page considering, pretty tacky.
What abuse has McComb copped? I see most discussing his footballing ability (which is far better than most who post here but not quite to AFL level). No personal attacks, no name calling, no sledging. Are you saying we shouldn't discuss someone's ability to play football on a football forum?
If so what do you feel the level of discussion will be like?
If not what is an acceptable post in your opinion?

What abuse has McComb copped? I see most discussing his footballing ability (which is far better than most who post here but not quite to AFL level). No personal attacks, no name calling, no sledging. Are you saying we shouldn't discuss someone's ability to play football on a football forum?
If so what do you feel the level of discussion will be like?
If not what is an acceptable post in your opinion?
I have no idea what’s acceptable, I’m not god.
I think criticism is fair, people saying the same thing over and over is odd.

Most of our supporters seem to ovoid this site like the plague, or they don’t realise it exists, which is fair. Even I already know who most posters are.
Daily updates on yesterday’s hate speech seems more than just trying to have a discussion

Last week I said I’m happy with the win and someone called me an idiot, that’s not discussion.

Most of our supporters seem to ovoid this site like the plague, or they don’t realise it exists, which is fair. Even I already know who most posters are.
Daily updates on yesterday’s hate speech seems more than just trying to have a discussion

Last week I said I’m happy with the win and someone called me an idiot, that’s not discussion.
No more odd than someone joining a forum and almost exclusively complaining about those contributing to the forum.

Considering the abuse I hear in the stands and see on Facebook/Twitter I'm glad most supporters avoid this site like the plague. Not to mention the general poor level of footy knowledge and level of discussion.

You get the diehards here. Some are over the top, some are overly emotional and others are arrogant as **** but often I find it one of the best places to talk footy and if you disagree that's more than fine nobody is forcing you to stay and contribute. I wish you would though.

You shouldn't have been called an idiot. You should report behaviour like that.

I also ask again. Where is the abuse you have claimed towards McComb? It is important to call it out and highlight it when it happens.

Seen worse things said on Facebook pages about our players then on here this is a great site you will enjoy it 👍

No more odd than someone joining a forum and almost exclusively complaining about those contributing to the forum.

Considering the abuse I hear in the stands and see on Facebook/Twitter I'm glad most supporters avoid this site like the plague. Not to mention the general poor level of footy knowledge and level of discussion.

You get the diehards here. Some are over the top, some are overly emotional and others are arrogant as * but often I find it one of the best places to talk footy and if you disagree that's more than fine nobady is forcing you to stay and contribute. I wish you would though.

You shouldn't have been called an idiot. You should report behaviour like that.

I also ask again. Where is the abuse you have claimed towards McComb? It is important to call it out and highlight it when it happens.
Thanks dude I’m still learning I guess,

We must have different interpretations of abuse. I’ve read heaps of stuff I’d consider abusive

I’ve gotten the impression some people even accept being abusive, then just call it venting apparently

Thanks dude I’m still learning I guess,

We must have different interpretations of abuse. I’ve read heaps of stuff I’d consider abusive

I’ve gotten the impression some people even accept being abusive, then just call it venting apparently
You're welcome mate.

Then please highlight it. I don't read every thread so probably miss a bit but am across good amount of the stuff posted and apart from the gameday threads which admittedly are cancerous its all football.

But please highlight it mate. I hate what happened to Tom Boyd. I hate what has happened to Ryan Gardner and I'm sure many players that I am not aware of. I've experienced and am experiencing still ill mental health. Abuse needs to be stamped out. These are young men with enormous pressures I can only imagine how they feel sometimes. Support doesn't end after the siren.

Seen worse things said on Facebook pages about our players then on here this is a great site you will enjoy it 👍
Agree with that. We can keep it civil when we choose ;)

Just beware of anti Bulldog stuff on the main board.

How the hell does Garcia get dropped and McNeil keep his spot last week and then this following week McNeil gets dropped and no sign of Garcia but McComb is back in the mix.

Beveridge really need to stop puffing our his chest and acting like the smartest bloke in the room and just do what’s best for the team and give them every chance rather than this trying to shine a turd crap

I really don’t get the all out hatred for McComb.
He’s only played 13? games, his VFL form at least suggests there is something there. Expecting him to be an instant star seems a bit much?

Is this a usual thing, pick a player and everyone goes all out hysterically attacking him?
Have other players been attacked before and now it’s his turn, or is this a first?

He is a 27 year old VFL standard player that has poor disposal and lacks any scope to improve and he is being played in front of players who at the very least are his equal with better skills and massive scope to improve given their age.

It’s nothing personal about McComb but in terms of football he shouldn’t be in the first 30 players for selection let alone ahead of guys like Garcia, McLean, Bedendo, Scott etc. through the year he’s been played in front of Hunter at times ffs.

You're welcome mate.

Then please highlight it. I don't read every thread so probably miss a bit but am across good amount of the stuff posted and apart from the gameday threads which admittedly are cancerous its all football.

But please highlight it mate. I hate what happened to Tom Boyd. I hate what has happened to Ryan Gardner and I'm sure many players that I am not aware of. I've experienced and am experiencing still ill mental health. Abuse needs to be stamped out. These are young men with enormous pressures I can only imagine how they feel sometimes. Support doesn't end after the siren.
I’ve actually read the gameday thread, that’s just seriously sad stuff. I don’t get to upset about that as I feel for those people who don’t have friends to talk to during a game.

Maybe I’m just sensitive AF about someone calling me a clueless idiot, and that not being abusive because I’m new.

I’m definitely sensitive after what I’ve read on the cricket page, so I probably need to chill and get over myself in some regards.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to this week. I’m more a supporter who just enjoys the most games we can see in a season, if we lose I don’t really have a fit about it. When I played sport I’d be seriously down for days if I performed below my expectations, so maybe I’m unfair on people who can’t play sport and still enjoy watching.

I’ve actually read the gameday thread, that’s just seriously sad stuff. I don’t get to upset about that as I feel for those people who don’t have friends to talk to during a game.

Maybe I’m just sensitive AF about someone calling me a clueless idiot, and that not being abusive because I’m new.

I’m definitely sensitive after what I’ve read on the cricket page, so I probably need to chill and get over myself in some regards.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to this week. I’m more a supporter who just enjoys the most games we can see in a season, if we lose I don’t really have a fit about it. When I played sport I’d be seriously down for days if I performed below my expectations, so maybe I’m unfair on people who can’t play sport and still enjoy watching.
Don't take it too seriously and don't respond to the labellers. One thing I've learned - you never change people's minds! Keep it light, end with a smile :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo's Bingo is to blame for a lot grief the players cop, sets them up for failure after they get promoted to senior action after a 6 touch game in the 2s.
Whilst I agree provided it’s constructive, nobody is to blame for the over the top rubbish players cop but the brain deads dishing it out.

Don't take it too seriously and don't respond to the labellers. One thing I've learned - you never change people's minds! Keep it light, end with a smile :)

You mean like theories in the Wonnangatta murders thread DRU?! :laughing:

Good point though, esp. about ending with a smile. I don't practice that enough.

Whilst I agree provided it’s constructive, nobody is to blame for the over the top rubbish players cop but the brain deads dishing it out.
Agreed but we still need to ensure we are allowed to criticise consistent poor performance. Not heart, effort, courage to play the game etc... but when a player is clearly not contributing to winning football. Otherwise we'll just be like Bevo saying "if we only converted" or "we'll learn from it" every week.

wow wow wow..

How the hell can West be dropped over a dud like Vandermeer. Unless this is because he hasn't signed a contract?

How ridiculous.. He's been one of the better forwards for the year, leave him in the side.

At least McComb isn't playing.

R Smith is Jong mrk 2. Gifted games & on the list for way too long.

Unless West is injured & sore, he should be playing. Has enough credits.

Team balance is a little strange. A lot of defensive options and half backs, pretty light on forwards now.

Richards, Cordy, Gardner, Daniel, Darcy, Dale, Duryea, Roarke, Bailey Williams.

I guess Treloar is definitely going to be more midfield / fwd and same with Hunter. Maybe Bailey Williams or Roarke spends some time up forward?

We should criticise.
But waking up in the morning and saying what you said yesterday seems over the top.
Alzheimers is actually an issue like mental health..we should actually reach out to the repeat posters.
I take umbrage at your references to Alzheimer's. That's twice you've mentioned it in a mocking way. Be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Hawks in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back