Preview Changes vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

in rounds, maxwell,

out beams, goldy,

only reason... beams looked tired kicking for goals.. looked tired at times.. its a long season he is young.. looks like he needs a spell. rounds will be fresh could be a good change.

how could beams need a break 2 games back after a break

Exactly!!

Ins: Maxwell, sidebottom
Outs: Goldsack, Jack

Wouldnt be suprised if Presti is rested, he came off with a sore hip late in the game, he is a veteren. Look after his body!!

Blair wont get dropped ( played well guys, why drop someone if they played well. 8 contested possessions out of his 16). Brown wont get dropped (the people that mention that are fools, who would Jolly swap with)

Luke Rounds has been playing well in the twos, but why would we make chnages to a team that has won by 83 points. The skipper needs to come in because, well he is the skipper. And sidebottom is in our best 22. Medhurst will come in before Luke Rounds, due to the fact he is in our best 22, when he is in form.

People just think changes need to be made each week. Leading in towards finals you need to find a well balanced team, swapping players around just to give them experience is what you do when your 14th, 15th, 16th on the ladder, we certainly aint!!!

Josh Fraser will not play seniors again this year. Thats my opinion!!

In. Rounds and Out. T Lockyer, just becuase we need to manage his body well and Rounds really deserves a go after he great form last couple of months. We dont need Maxwell in for the Port game, no point flying him over there just give him an extra week rest so he can be 100% for the saints game.

No change I reckon. After an 80 point flogging why does anything need to be changed? Especially against an insipid Port Adelaide. The 22 on the fild were fine, none of them deserves to lose their spot just yet.

Maxy to take another week...

...and then come back through the VFL. Kris Pendles can give him some leadership pointers, while the rightful captain continues his unbeaten form in the ones. :thumbsu:

Agreed.

If we can get away without changing a thing that would be better. Leeroy did well i thought.. Provided a decent contest and used his bulk at the right time.

Don't know why people aren't appreciating Lockyer's game. Provided a genuine option as a link man as well as creating in the forward line. 19d, 9m, 3t, 2g 1b is an awesome output playing FP... The only other person pushing for his spot would be a 100% medhurst. Leon played well too so enough Leon bashing this week. I bet if he kicked those goals you would all change your tune.

The people out will be unlucky cause there were very few deficiancies.. Maxy is the Captain and is an in he so chooses. Sidebottom has enough runs on the board to be in too but more than likely MM will rest him again this week as that seems to be the trend with managing injuries and I agree. Why risk a potential injury if we can cover in the meantime. Dick will be on the table too.... Its all match-ups, me thinks..

Don't think anyone has called for Dick to return. Is his injury likely to keep him out this week too?

The fact we won easily makes no difference IMHO.

INS - Maxy, Sidey & Dick

OUTS - Goldsack, Blair & Lockyer.

Sort of like for like.

Nice to have real competition for spots. :)

Edit....Oops....Post above mentions Dicky.

I think sidey will be rested again,then beams,i think mm may want to keep them fresh come end of year,as someone stated they have young bodies....

The longer Maxwell is out the more I worry. It will take time to reach peak fitness and more importantly form, and we need him to to be peaking for finals. He needs to start playing sooner than later.

In: Maxwell, Sidebottom
Out: Goldsack, Blair.

IMO Jack over Goldy. I really liked Jack's game, used it well, was really good with his defensive efforts and simply played better than the Sack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question - other than Jack and maybe Goldsack, which players could we justify dropping for Maxwell based on current form and playing ability?

Question - other than Jack and maybe Goldsack, which players could we justify dropping for Maxwell based on current form and playing ability?

Well they were the two brought in to play the Maxwell role seeing as Maxwell was injured. Add too the fact Maxwell plays the role better it's pretty clearly going to be one of those two.

Geese wasn't that a simple clear cut answer, I'm just waiting for a hackwell call it's been a long 18 months for the haters

Well they were the two brought in to play the Maxwell role seeing as Maxwell was injured. Add too the fact Maxwell plays the role better it's pretty clearly going to be one of those two.

Geese wasn't that a simple clear cut answer, I'm just waiting for a hackwell call it's been a long 18 months for the haters

Except you didn't answer the question Opti. You talked about the two players that the question was not about.

I agree with you though that Hackwell shouldn't push Reid, Harry or Presti out, and wouldn't on form or ability (which was the question). Line ball on Goldsack. Not enough info on Jack at this stage.

Very ordinary footballer is Hackwell.

how could beams need a break 2 games back after a break

obviously one week off wasn't enough for him. He is 19. playing with 25 plus year olds. and has played nearly every game. Im not surprised he is knacked.

If you keep burning the candle it will go out. We have finals to worry about and have players that can easily come in and do a job... nice a fresh.

Tough selection after a very good win. The only obvious out is Anthony. If Maxwell is fit he comes in for Anthony. Sidebottom comes in if fit but who to drop is the question. I'm not a fan of dropping a first gamer unless he was rubbish and Blair was far from that. We should build his confidence with a really postitive review and give him another game. I can't find a suitable out for Sidebottom. Lockyer is probably who I'd look at.

IN: Sidebottom, Dick (if fit), Maxwell (if fit)
OUT: Wellingham, Blair (if Dick is fit), Goldsack (if Maxwell fit)

Wellingham just needs a one week wake up call to get back to early season form.

Wellingham potentailly I agree. Though he was no where near terrible, his form has dropped since before his injury, but serviceable he has been

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Back