Chapman to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say get him.

Was BOG in their semi-final against Port Adelaide, he is all class.

TBH i think he could actually have 2 years left in him.

His Hamstring injuries are a myth, his lowest games tally(bar 2013 and his debut year in 2001) has been 16.

He is a workhorse, a big game player, great user of the footy, and a role model for our potential 3 first round draft picks.

As much as I would love to see chappy in black and white, my concern would be that he stalls the development of our young forwards (elliott,fasolo etc). I can't see chappy being happy as a role player and after buck's speech referring to players moving on, it seems unlikely we would go down this path.

I think the only player that he would halt the development of is Fasolo, who is injured anyway, saying that i think Chappy would be a fantastic mentor for Fasolo.

If Fasolo ends up having a career half as good as chappys i'll be happy.

I think the only player that he would halt the development of is Fasolo, who is injured anyway, saying that i think Chappy would be a fantastic mentor for Fasolo.

If Fasolo ends up having a career half as good as chappys i'll be happy.

From what I've seen of his departure from Geelong, chappy wants to play more than being a mentor. It seems he was let go so as to give the cats young forwards a chance to solidify their positions. While I still rate him as a player,our list is full of small forwards who can rotate through the middle. Unless he could accept playing some vfl games, I think chappy would just be overkill for us.

From what I've seen of his departure from Geelong, chappy wants to play more than being a mentor. It seems he was let go so as to give the cats young forwards a chance to solidify their positions. While I still rate him as a player,our list is full of small forwards who can rotate through the middle. Unless he could accept playing some vfl games, I think chappy would just be overkill for us.
If Chappy comes to us and is fit, then no doubt in my mind he plays. He's a quality player that bring versatility as he can play a number of roles. The only reason I wouldn't take home is if he's body can't old up, this is where my doubts lay.

Yeah i agree, but is Fasolo going to be fit come round 1? If not then Chappy could play, it's either him or perhaps Dwyer, who is 27 anyway.

All for it, but would only be a 10-15 game prospect...which is pretty much what Geelong offered and he knocked back.

Only difference is we'd probably pay for a full years contract. It would be worth the price if we got him right for finals because he can be devastating.

I read this line many moons ago on this board and for this thread, it could not be any more appropriate.

Only on Bigfooty is it more important to be young, than it is to be good.
Unknown

Fact is, a fit Chapman would be a good acquisition for any club in the country, including ours.
If this club goes deep into next September, having Chappy deep in the forward 50 towards the end of a tight final could prove the difference.
Given that his football is still top grade when he's on the park, I think that its a gamble more than worth taking.

If anything Chappy will help Fasolo develop into a better footballer.

Fasolo needs to model his game on someone like Chapman, because they have very similar attributes.

HF: P.Chapman, B.Reid, A.Fasolo
F: J.Elliott, T.Cloke, J.White
Int: Rotating mid(Sidebottom/Beams)

That looks a dangerous forward line, with a great mix of experience and youth.

Chapman will teach Fasolo about workrate. Something he really needs to develop to become the footballer he should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well apparently deal is done but has to wait for delisted free agency period. No idea why.

Chappy to Pies? Surely that would fly in the face of Didak being delisted.

If so they would be waiting for the delisted FA period to avoid messing with Daisy compo I would think.
I have a feeling that Dids was delisted because he is a sook, not just due to his age/ability. Didn't like that he had to play 2's for so long and was given the flick.
Chapman is a hard working unit.

If we take Chappy as an UFA in this Free Agency period currently running this will effect our compo pick for DT. So we might not get pick 11.

If Chapman is delisted means we can pick him the delisted free agent period that starts on Nov 1.

I have a feeling that Dids was delisted because he is a sook, not just due to his age/ability. Didn't like that he had to play 2's for so long and was given the flick.
Chapman is a hard working unit.

Dids was delisted because he said he was retiring and he also destabilised the playing group.

Dids was delisted because he said he was retiring and he also destabilised the playing group.

How do you know he was destabilising the playing group? I think you should have a little more respect for such a good Collingwood man. My take on the situation is that Dids still thinks he can contribute but the club disagrees. No need to make baseless alegations.

How do you know he was destabilising the playing group? I think you should have a little more respect for such a good Collingwood man. My take on the situation is that Dids still thinks he can contribute but the club disagrees. No need to make baseless alegations.

They are not baseless. He and Thomas were a major problem over the last 2 years.

They are not baseless. He and Thomas were a major problem over the last 2 years.

You may be right, you may be wrong. What I do know as a fact is that both players made a fantastic contribution to the club. I prefer to look back at the good times rather than post acusations that cannot be proven. I don't see the point.

Well apparently deal is done but has to wait for delisted free agency period. No idea why.

Yep deal is done at Essendon. Never heard once that we were into him or even interviewed him. Lots of so called sources looking silly this trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back