Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think he plays like shit and is possibly prone to sulking and you want him at your club on a big contract? Has the humidity up there fried your brain?

I'll say this again, nobody at Adelaide believes Cameron will tank his 2018 season. He is not going to risk his payday at Brisbane and I doubt he's the kind of person who would willingly screw over his team mates by deliberately playing poorly. This is a weak bluff his manager is using to force Adelaide's hand.

1. I'm not bothered. I think he's an average small forward and pick 20 is overs
2. None of us have any idea about the contract
3. I've spent most of my life in Adelaide and little in Queensland.

He's got 3 years to run on his contract, is from Queensland, an All-Australian and 3-time best and fairest... but yeah, straight swap for Cameron... good one
We will even it up with a pick or 2......gee dont get too flustered. Trade week is getting to you.

I dont see what the problem is with us enquirying about Zorko.....poor bloke is 28 and never gonna see a finals game up there.
3 good years of footy left in him. Every professional wants to have a crack at finals at some stage in their career. Come on down Zorks we will give you a run in September

Just have to hope his ultimate aim isn't to win a grand final

Yes because Geelong is just lighting it up in the trade season. You guys couldn't even land Watts.

We only offered pick 51 for Watts, so wouldn't go as far as to say we couldn't land him, we just didn't want him so much. Anyway, don't you worry about us, we'll land the GOAT Ablett for cheap and hit the draft.

Zorko?! Wow. Have Richmond beat the reasoning out of Adelaide? They're imploding.

Pick 18 itself is already pushing it for Cameron. He kicked 29 goals in 24 games this season. To put it into perspective, Fantasia kicked 39 in 20 games.

Adelaide are really holding onto his prelim performance. Take that out and it's 24 goals in 23 games, which is nothing special to command a first rounder.

If Brisbane didn't want to pay overs they shouldnt have gone after a contracted player. Adelaide made the same mistake with Gibbs last year and nobody said SOS was an idiot for asking for two first rounders. The hypocrisy around here is incredible.

We can always block this trade anyway. Nobody is buying that Cameron will tank his 2018 season by sulking. Its a weak bluff.

I tend to agree. I didn't mind the stance that Carlton took. If someone came in and tried to poach a contracted Wines we would ask for more than 2 1st round picks. You would have to admit though the cumulative effect of the past few weeks has been pretty petulant with people wanting out though. It just seems like Adelaide have had enough of the past few years and have thrown the toys out of the pram.

Adelaide have officially lost it , they are becoming a laughing stock, since the debacle of the grand final the club has found increasing ways to embarrass itself

Finally the cream on the cake Zorko for Cameron ! Are you lot barking mad ? Cameron will stay have half a go at very best and leave for nothing next season , you won't get a flag you lot have lost the plot , players want out your captain has made a dick of himself , no one will move to a team that WAS on a cusp of a flag and your recruitment team are completely insane

The rest of the footy world are laughing at you cows , sad really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs is happy at Carlton as far as I've heard, it was his wife (after the birth of their first child) that wanted to go home to SA to be with family as she reportedly having Postnatal depression.

What little real facts we are going is they want a good player with experience, not Picks. A third club might be needed.

If you're wanting zorko level compo, why would another club get involved? You're just gunna waste their time by asking for martin, danger, daniher, etc

Congratulations essendon, you've lost your crown as trade week waste of time to negotiate with

I'm willing to roll those dice. We need Cameron in 2018 more than we need some new draftee playing in the SANFL.

It's sending an interesting message to the rest of your list though

Fwiw I never understood the rationale of forcing someone to work where they don't want to. Once a foots out he door, so is their focus commitment and performance. Move them on and get fair compo (i.e. Not zorko)

Adelaide are a joke. Their fans are also pretty hypocritical. I've never heard such rubbish...Zorko for Cameron is comfortably the most ridiculous proposal I've heard.

Seriously it's looking bad for them in the short and long term. Players wanting out left right and centre, incompetent list management team who are awful and unreasonable ( demanding contracted players last year, cracking the sads when that club said pay up then doing worse themselves the next year) and finally a rubbish, toxic culture.

It's sending an interesting message to the rest of your list though

Fwiw I never understood the rationale of forcing someone to work where they don't want to. Once a foots out he door, so is their focus commitment and performance. Move them on and get fair compo (i.e. Not zorko)
We just value him more than Brisbane does. Lol, gettit? Carton not releasing Gibbs on compassionate grounds ?

I understand personal circumstances may change from year to year, and I would trade under Normal circumstances.

But we've lost 2 best 22 players already. If we lose another, without a direct replacement, Crows would be up shit creek next year. There is no way Crows would expect Brisb to trade Zorko (just posturing to get a better draft pick me thinks). This is on top of sorting out the mental impact of losing the GF.

Further, Cameron's manager just started all this media spin about being homesick and not playing his best. His direct family is in WA, not QLD. I would rather he just be upfront that Bris offered a really great deal, or moving for GFs family, etc. Holding a club ransom (ie not playing well) is complete asssholery and ****en childish. I'd rather hold him to his contract (which he signed as an adult) and then take him to the draft and made an example of.

We just value him more than Brisbane does. Lol, gettit? Carton not releasing Gibbs on compassionate grounds ?

I understand personal circumstances may change from year to year, and I would trade under Normal circumstances.

But we've lost 2 best 22 players already. If we lose another, without a direct replacement, Crows would be up shit creek next year. There is no way Crows would expect Brisb to trade Zorko (just posturing to get a better draft pick me thinks). This is on top of sorting out the mental impact of losing the GF.

Further, Cameron's manager just started all this media spin about being homesick and not playing his best. His direct family is in WA, not QLD. I would rather he just be upfront that Bris offered a really great deal, or moving for GFs family, etc. Holding a club ransom (ie not playing well) is complete asssholery and ****en childish. I'd rather hold him to his contract (which he signed as an adult) and then take him to the draft and made an example of.

You dont rate him as high as zorko, unless youre on crack

Adelaide have become the laughing stock of the competition almost overnight.
Adelaide have officially lost it , they are becoming a laughing stock, since the debacle of the grand final the club has found increasing ways to embarrass itself

Finally the cream on the cake Zorko for Cameron ! Are you lot barking mad ? Cameron will stay have half a go at very best and leave for nothing next season , you won't get a flag you lot have lost the plot , players want out your captain has made a dick of himself , no one will move to a team that WAS on a cusp of a flag and your recruitment team are completely insane

The rest of the footy world are laughing at you cows , sad really
Adelaide having a sensational offseason. On behalf of the other 17 clubs, thanks for the laughs
yk5vWOF.jpg

Adelaide are a joke. Their fans are also pretty hypocritical. I've never heard such rubbish...Zorko for Cameron is comfortably the most ridiculous proposal I've heard.

Seriously it's looking bad for them in the short and long term. Players wanting out left right and centre, incompetent list management team who are awful and unreasonable ( demanding contracted players last year, cracking the sads when that club said pay up then doing worse themselves the next year) and finally a rubbish, toxic culture.

Adelaide need quality players not picks given they are in the premiership window. Thats understandable given they have already landed picks from the Lever deal.

They need to throw an offer to Carlton that they cant refuse for Gibbs so they can (a) land him and then (b) get the Cameron deal done (on trade the pick to help land Gibbs) , perhaps with Schache ending up at a new home

If they are not prepared to pay up for Gibbs (or Zorko) then thats their strategic decision and no deals get done. Talk of straight swaps for Cameron are ridiculous. Has anybody mentioned "laughing stock"yet?

A lot of posturing going on, it will get done at the last minute for pick 20 or 18 IMO, I do not want him bad enough to give up pick 12, would rather take it to the draft with a chance of getting a player like Aiden Bonar, Charlie Constable, Hunter Clark or Lochie O'Brien.

If we don't get Charlie this year- Meh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back