Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m backing him in one more time, if we need to drop a tall I’m dropping Esava first. Dixon’s form prior to the QF was better than Esava, Esava really hasn’t done anything all year. Dixon has at least played some okay games.

But seriously we don’t lose much by dropping one of those useless smalls in mcentee or Evans instead and bringing in Marshall.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm hoping Charlie retire two years ago.

He was cooked then.

I can't remember who but I've had a few barneys in this thread about Dixon's burnt crisp of a body and how it was been taking to the cleaners early in the year like against Freo and how it would be disastrous for finals.

You've got one game left, Charlie, you may as well go out in flames.

Where's that Poweroid guy telling us how great Dixon is?
I presume you mean me JammiesBC.

Clearly Charlie is done. At 33 he was unarguably our 2nd most potent KPF, 2nd for score involvements, 2nd for GA% (other than Lord who averaged a herculean goal a match) and was our best 2nd ruck. Still its not saying much given that Mitch is our only KPF who would get a pass mark this year. He has lost all mobility and if he gets a game this week it will be his last.

If that means that he gets to escape all the knockers on here so he devote himself to his cars then good luck to him. For all those on here who have a go on him they might remember that, to date, he is our only KPF other than Tredrea to be AA, 3rd best KPF in a career at Port that was grossly mismanaged due to our gameplan.

True, he said some things that pissed off some supporters and posters like the anti cuck. No one is going to suggest he was great in front of the microphone even though some of those quotes were taken out of context and were not directed at all supporters but a select few. What is without doubt is that he gave his all for Port as a competitor and contested beast. He earned his money and off into the sunset he goes. Cheers to him. Its laughable that playing on an extra season makes him selfish considering Lord was a non option for most of the season and Dixon is in good company as a player if he did that.

He had a very poor game against Geelong but was hardly alone in that and was not helped by some of the most atrocious inside 50 kicking I have seen this year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one who’s body is cooked but gets played to satisfy donuts.

Marshall was the same last year in the finals with a bung hip, McKenzie post leg amputation, Butters with ribs, Rozee’s hammy, the list goes on…

Maybe the best thing for the team dude is that you don't play this week.

Stop feeling entitled to a spot and thinking its just about you 'blocking out the noise'.
The noise is telling you you're ****ed and it's time to pull the plug on your career.

Find someone else to sponge off.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back