Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

This boy is a midfielder and the sooner both he and the coaches stop fluffing around the better off they all will be.

I thought he showed a bit. Was a bit more straight ahead, head over the ball and didn’t have that same timid/confused look he sometimes has

Maybe they’re gonna start to let him play

the club has completely fked this kids development so far..

tried to box him in and make him into a type of player that he’s not.. instead of letting him play his natural game..

needs to be allowed to simply hunt the ball and play his natural game..

all the clowns running the show have tried to do is make him a defensive type player.. even when they played him in the midfield in his first two seasons.. they tried to turn him into a tagger/lockdown type midfielder..

just dumb****ery at its finest.

this kid plays his best footy when he just attacks the contest and plays his natural game..

the club has completely fked this kids development so far..

tried to box him in and make him into a type of player that he’s not.. instead of letting him play his natural game..

needs to be allowed to simply hunt the ball and play his natural game..
he looks absolutely petrified to dispose of the footy. it's like they have given him a 1-2-3 rule or a flowchart like "if there's a player with >5% better DE within 5 metres, handball - if there isn't look for a player with equal or better DE within 20 metres, kick - if neither are available run for 5 metres and get tackled" or some sh*t... looks very clearly to be over-coached to me.

I don't always buy the "crobot" type commentary but it seems to really fit here. He should be a line breaker that players are scared to get in front of... reminds me a lot of Marty Mattner at times.

COME ON JONESY PROVE EM WRONG LAD

Not best 22 in any side in the league. Only getting games here because he was a pick 9 and like his draft mate is only being played through AFC sheer bloody mindedness.

Some posters try and talk up what he does as improving, he does stuff all, he's four full seasons in - he's not best 22 now or going forward.

He's a bust, another bust, grrrrr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have his magnet on the board before smith, doedee and keays’s magnets.
I put ALL those magnets in the bin yesterday, after seeing what the Swans have accumulated in a short space of time.

Before anyone goes the simpleton academy defence, have a look at where they drafted a heap of their players, 30s/40s/50s/rookies. Every one of them is skilled and tough.

Over to you Justin and Hamish, you need to get a lot right this off season. Be creative please, we need to strike now!

I put ALL those magnets in the bin yesterday, after seeing what the Swans have accumulated in a short space of time.

Before anyone goes the simpleton academy defence, have a look at where they drafted a heap of their players, 30s/40s/50s/rookies. Every one of them is skilled and tough.

Over to you Justin and Hamish, you need to get a lot right this off season. Be creative please, we need to strike now!
Angus sheldrick last year with their first round pick was a bit of a head scratcher

Could be our system and ability to develop players as well. Who knows. Probably a bit of both. Definitely need it to start going right, otherwise we are in for a long stretch of pain if it hasnt been long enough already.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would rather we give North our 22/23 first and second picks for JHF.

He is better than any of the players Hamish will draft.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really? Means that magnet hangs around for an extra 8, 3 and 3 years respectively, definitely a negative.
I didnt say that I approved of what Jones is providing at the moment..

Just that I think its slightly better than what Smith, doedee and Keays are providing..

Thats why jones’s magnet would be on the board before those other lads..

Idealy I wouldnt have to pick any of them!..

It is a roundabout way of pointing out that our bigger problems at the moment are the form and output of our more senior players.

Our focus should be on the shite our senior guys like keays, smith, ROB and doedee are providing.. more often than not this year its been utterly atrocious what these lads have dished up.

These are the guys that should be setting the elite standard.
These are the guys that should be tidying up after the mistakes made by the youth on the field.
These are the blokes that should be taking on more of the workload and pressure to help take some off the youth around them, which obviously enables the younger lads to develop a bit easier.

But instead.. they are dishing up shit and making the transition to the top level for the youngsters even harder!. Quite often its actually seemed like our youth are the ones having to carry the load and clean up after the seniors.

Jones, and our other under/around 50 gamers, should be the last players we point our fingers at given the shite some of our seniors have been providing..

Im just hoping it was one of those games where it was stuck on the opposite wing. He seemed to get involved when a switch was made.

Who knows, hes struggled to find outside footy but has been thrown around in that many spots, hes prob just trying to figure out how to play the position in the AFL.

Dont know why we didnt persist with him at HB or BP. He played some good games there. Now he has to learn wing from scratch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back