Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be writing Chayce off just yet as a midfielder...feel it's all been about self belief after being thrown to the Lions before he was ready.

From the Ady..

Jones is 22 years old.

He played eight AFL games in his first season, 15 in both his second and third, then all bar two last year.

The Tasmanian featured in just one winning side from his first 19 matches at the top level.

He has also dealt with constant comparisons to fellow draftees from the strong 2018 crop, including Port Adelaide’s Zak Butters, taken three spots later after him at pick 12.

Jones has been shifted across various roles, including inside midfielder and half-back, but has found a home on a wing.

He had 21 disposals, three clearances, four inside 50s and put on strong defensive pressure against the Dockers, calling it one of his best games for the club.

“I’m getting a bit older now so you realise you can play at this level,” Jones said.

“Hopefully I can keep building on that and show the club what I’m able to do.”

I wouldn't be writing Chayce off just yet as a midfielder...feel it's all been about self belief after being thrown to the Lions before he was ready.

From the Ady..

Jones is 22 years old.

He played eight AFL games in his first season, 15 in both his second and third, then all bar two last year.

The Tasmanian featured in just one winning side from his first 19 matches at the top level.

He has also dealt with constant comparisons to fellow draftees from the strong 2018 crop, including Port Adelaide’s Zak Butters, taken three spots later after him at pick 12.

Jones has been shifted across various roles, including inside midfielder and half-back, but has found a home on a wing.

He had 21 disposals, three clearances, four inside 50s and put on strong defensive pressure against the Dockers, calling it one of his best games for the club.

“I’m getting a bit older now so you realise you can play at this level,” Jones said.

“Hopefully I can keep building on that and show the club what I’m able to do.”
I know they put him in the midfield middle of SANFL match last year when we were struggling and he supposedly helped turn the match. I wondered if that meant we'd see him in the midfield again at some point as it sounds like he did very well. So far hasn't happened but if his confidence continues to build wouldn't be a complete surprise to see us take another look at him even just for small burts.

He either stamps his mark as a Mid OR defender this year or I would like to see him used as trade bait to land a late 2nd round pick which can be used to draft a Luke Brown replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back