Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please explain to me how, after being vulnerable defensively all year, after getting scored heavily against in so many games and being ranked 15th for points against, it doesnt look like anything is changing?

We have conceded over 300 points the past 3 weeks, which included a game against 17th.

Teams waltz out of stoppages against us.

What are the coaches doing, are they doing anything?

Can someone please explain to me how, after being vulnerable defensively all year, after getting scored heavily against in so many games and being ranked 15th for points against, it doesnt look like anything is changing?

We have conceded over 300 points the past 3 weeks, which included a game against 17th.

Teams waltz out of stoppages against us.

What are the coaches doing, are they doing anything?
Think they are trying a few different things … just personnel and method failing them at the moment.

Can't believe every single side in the top 8 have had poor patches, we have so many issues compared to every single club in competition, and so bloody lucky that they have allowed us to be in 2nd place
I demand a stress free ride to 17!!!!

Give it to me!!!!

😊

Anyone else here with me?

I'm feeling a bit checked out of this season after the past 5 weeks. The way we have thrown away an opportunity for top two has killed my enthusiasm. Especially the effort we gave for Cripps in his 200th.
Yeah big time. It finally felt like we were headed to a serious threat of the premiership after all this time and we've thrown it away.

Feeling very disillusioned with it all.

I'm feeling a bit checked out of this season after the past 5 weeks. The way we have thrown away an opportunity for top two has killed my enthusiasm. Especially the effort we gave for Cripps in his 200th.
Yep. Perfectly natural to feel disappointed and frustrated right now in my book.

It was probably never going to be this year, to be honest, which is why I find the general attitude in the draft and list management threads a bit frustrating. We still need quite a bit of 'ground up' work done over the following two drafts. If the Bulldogs end up winning the flag this year then there will be a lot of 'I told you so' explaining coming from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's probability every year that it won't be any team. When you've got 6 games left, sitting top 2 with a reasonable closing draw to end the season and you capitulate and the MC and coaches decide to tweak things (and possibly change training loads??) and the players seem to have become confused and uncertain again.

This competition doesn't give many chances to win one no matter how well you're travelling. See StKilda (Thomas and Lyon 1st stint), Melbourne with their list just scraping 1 in a COVID restricted year, see West Coast just got it right and won one to fall in a heap.

We seriously had a good chance this season 3-4 weeks ago and having 15-20 minutes each game where we completely switch off and concede a glut of goals that has not been remedied has put us in a position where we've pee'd things down the drain. When the chance is there you have to take it.. we haven't.. simples.

Oh yeah I’m feeling flat but if we can get back on the winners list on Sunday, then top 4 is back on.

If you finish top 4, then we are a real chance.

It's a weird year. The standout consensus best side in the comp this year has fallen into a bigger heap than we have.

Could just be the kind of season where it'll come down to who peaks in finals, not in the season proper. Carlton, Sydney and, to an extent, Essendon, peaked quite early in the year and have fallen away. Sides like Port and Freo have been consistently inconsistent but averaged out a bit over the season. Bulldogs the same but have hit a vein of form this last month. Then you've got GWS, Brisbane and Hawthorn who looked really lacklustre early but have built into the year and are now looking much more dangerous.

The questions are going to be: Can a side like Brisbane or WB sustain their last month's form for the next 8 weeks, or have they fired their shot early are facing another slump at the worst possible time? Will Sydney or Carlton rally and get back to their early dominant footy, or are they absolutely spent?

As long as we're playing finals we're a genuine chance this year. Ideally we'd want to find form NOW, carry that into and through finals. But I'll be just as happy if we find form in week one of finals and only sustain it for 4 weeks.

It was probably never going to be this year, to be honest, which is why I find the general attitude in the draft and list management threads a bit frustrating. We still need quite a bit of 'ground up' work done over the following two drafts. If the Bulldogs end up winning the flag this year then there will be a lot of 'I told you so' explaining coming from me.
Problem there is I don't think we have any more time to do 'ground up' work over the next 2 drafts. We're back to relying on Cripps to drag us over the line which is beyond disappointing, thought that had kind of been fixed to a degree. I can't see us winning a flag without Cripps in relatively peak form, time is running out for him (and us).

There's probability every year that it won't be any team. When you've got 6 games left, sitting top 2 with a reasonable closing draw to end the season and you capitulate and the MC and coaches decide to tweak things (and possibly change training loads??) and the players seem to have become confused and uncertain again.

This competition doesn't give many chances to win one no matter how well you're travelling. See StKilda (Thomas and Lyon 1st stint), Melbourne with their list just scraping 1 in a COVID restricted year, see West Coast just got it right and won one to fall in a heap.

We seriously had a good chance this season 3-4 weeks ago and having 15-20 minutes each game where we completely switch off and concede a glut of goals that has not been remedied has put us in a position where we've pee'd things down the drain. When the chance is there you have to take it.. we haven't.. simples.
Yep basically this. Game and half clear in 2nd, even comp, very likely to face an interstate opponent if you did make the GF... this was a year where we could have pinched one. Instead, in the space of a month, we waste yet another year of prime Cripps. Insane :drunk:

Oh yeah I’m feeling flat but if we can get back on the winners list on Sunday, then top 4 is back on.

If you finish top 4, then we are a real chance.
I feel like I've been saying that every week since GWS (I don't count North)
Brad, you will check back in and like it
I hope you're right. I've been ready to check back in for a while, but the concierge is nowhere to be found, my luggage has been lost in transit, and my flight was delayed by five weeks because the pilots were doing an intense training load.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back