Chokewoods free ride

Remove this Banner Ad

dumesny1 said:
Can the same be said for Anzac day?

Absolutely the same could said for Anzac Day. I don't care when we play Collingwood. It's not Anzac Day that makes Essendon vs Collingwood big - it's Essendon vs Collngwood that makes Essendon vs Collingwood big.

But Melbourne vs Collingwood, what is it, 5 year running now? Does this mean we will never see Melbourne play Collingwood twice, ever again?

Dan26 said:
Absolutely the same could said for Anzac Day. I don't care when we play Collingwood. It's not Anzac Day that makes Essendon vs Collingwood big - it's Essendon vs Collngwood that makes Essendon vs Collingwood big.

In the 10 years since these teams have played on ANZAC Day the average attendance has been 79738 compared with 62916 for the return encounter later in the year. In other words 26% more people go to the ANZAC Day games than the other Collingwood vs Essendon games.

MGREG said:
But the AFL listens to us not you. That makes you a rabble. Your own supporter/nong who started this thread says so.

You arent paying attention are you?

Carlton God is NOT a Carlton supporter, trust me I know.

As for being a rabble, lack of success is the true meaning. It appears you don't know the meaning of the word. Neither of our clubs do.

Who gives a flying ******** if the AFL listens to us or not? You can keep pounding your chest and gloat about your off-field superiority and we can gloat about matters where it really counts - the scoreboard and ladder.

You can have all the money in the world friend, but that won't change the fact that you're still our bitch.

Another AFL or more importantly Demefroot blunder.
ALL teams should be allowed to play on days such as Easter Monday, Anzac Day, etc..
Sorry but there was nothing wrong with the way the fixture was for 100 years before Mr Collingwood decided to Televise his team on special days.

AFL = IDIOTS.

Tim_in_Philly
The reality is in the last 10 years Collingwood have been a poorly performed side and the fact that over 60k attend a late season games when generally Collingwood have been out of finals contention proves what Dan said is right not that it is wrong. I don’t know what the stats are but I'd bet the early season Collingwood v Carlton or Richmond crowds exceed the late season crowds over the last 10 years. If Collingwood and Essendon can average 62k to otherwise meaningless late season games I would think that proves catagorically that these 2 clubs draw the cords out of themselves.

I have no doubt the Day add something to the crowd but it is marginal. The real impact of any extra people is in money into AFL coffers because when crowds get as big as they do for these games every additional punter is almost entirely profit.

SurreyBlue said:
Sorry but there was nothing wrong with the way the fixture was for 100 years before Mr Collingwood decided to Televise his team on special days.
That would be his team and other relevant teams like Essendon.

Now if you want to talk about AFL free rides and AD bulders how about that TD deal that pays Carlton not to play at home when they were contracted top or at the MCG in opposition to their president's employer. Poor old Carlton, still struggling to come to terms with their slide from big time relevance yet still sleeping with anyone who will throw them a bone from AFL HQ.

lol the funny thing is you people are to stupid to realize the other teams ask for them not us. They want to play us in them sort of games because we are such big crowd drawers so everyone fights over who will play us on them days. Thats why the majority of them are away games for us

Maybe we should convert this forum to over 18 to maybe get rid of the posters who dont have a clue what there on about

If you people show as much of an interest in your own team as much as you do with collingwood you'd get some people to your games so the AFL would have some other teams to put in the big games

Carlton God said:
Good to see another brain dead Collingwood moron who can't understand a simple argument.

Good to see that you understand that when its not a Collingwood home game that they receive the profits.

And IF you are a Saints supporter (not Carlton), doesnt that club have the record for winning wooden spoons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton God said:
1 Monday, 28th March, Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs, M.C.G.
5 Monday, 25th April, Essendon vs Collingwood, M.C.G.
12 Monday, 13th June, Melbourne vs Collingwood, M.C.G.
13 Saturday, 25th June (Night), Sydney vs Collingwood, Telstra Stadium

Any particular reason the AFL give them such a free ride?

Coll: "We want to play ANZAC day every year"
AFL: "No Problem"

Coll: "We want to play Queens Birthday every year"
AFL: "Sure anything you want"

Coll: "We want to play Sydney at Telstra Stadium every year and not just that we want it to be the only game of the round"
AFL: "Yes Eddie whatever you want you can have"

Coll: "We want to play on Good Friday"
AFL: "No footy on Good Friday, but don't despair, we have put Easter Monday aside just for you, which is the only public holiday in the season you don't already have, it means nothing that North have been asking for a Good Friday match for eight years in a row, Easter Monday is all yours"

And what's the bet Chokewood play the Bulldogs on Easter Monday in 2006 as well but this time with the Bulldogs as the home team? The spin will be "last year it was Chokewoods home game so this time we are giving the Bulldogs a chance to make some money." The AFL are gutless.

And also good to see your SIMPLE argument is flawed with inaccurate comments.

Carlton God said:
Ahh yes how noble of them, of course they do it just for the good of the Melbourne Football club, would have absolutely nothing at all to do with a Queens Birthday game = greater exposure for Chokewood = greater sponsorship $$ for Chokewood would it?

Jealousy is a curse! Just because your team couldn't run a chook raffle.. . Get over it!!!

Carlton God said:
1 Monday, 28th March, Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs, M.C.G.
5 Monday, 25th April, Essendon vs Collingwood, M.C.G.
12 Monday, 13th June, Melbourne vs Collingwood, M.C.G.
13 Saturday, 25th June (Night), Sydney vs Collingwood, Telstra Stadium

Any particular reason the AFL give them such a free ride?

Typical Caaarrrlton supporter.
Dumb as Dog sh1t.

3 of those games are AWAY games.
Collingwood have no say in where or who we play in away games.

All I can say is it will be real nice when Collingwood get more than a few bucks off Carlton (and no doubt other teams) when they use their facilities at the MCG.

MGREG said:
Yes they wore their traditional vomit light blue jumpers. They thought the jumpers may as well make people react in the same way they do to the Carlton club! :p
What? Do you vomit light blue?

I suggest you stay away from those prissy cocktails and drink like a man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chokewoods free ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back