Chris Judd leaving WCE: OFFICIAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Travis Johnstone, Robbo and pick 4? TJ would be handy as an outside midfielder with the help of kerr and stinger and Baily doesn't like his laziness. Thoughts?

TJ will be 28 & Roberston will be 30, although guns i wouldnt do that deal. :thumbsdown:

You make the finals one year and we don't so saying we can't win a flag in the next 3-5 years is ridiculous. Not saying we will win a flag in the next 3-5 years but we have been a regular finals contender for the past 3 years I think it was.

Difference is, we have a young list, an improving coach and we have made the Preliminary Final.

Melbourne have a new coach with no experience and there is talk about most of your senior players being traded. You would probably find none of them will but when theres talk of Bruce, who was the favourite for the Brownlow at the start of last year, Robertson, who i think led your goal kicking last year, Johnstone who you was drafted pick 1 and Green who hasnt had the greatest year, but wasnt to bad last year.

Neitz is close to retiring, White hasnt had his best year and his best footy is behind him plus you have hardly any other KPP except for Juice, Rivers Frawley, Johnson, and Jamar.

Re: Announcing your leaving 2 days after bundling out of the finals series

geez mate they watch a code, rugby league, where players change clubs in the middle of the year

and actually sign for clubs while playing for another.

The funniest thing about all this speculation is that everyone knows Mr Pratt is just going to open his wallet and leave the largest lasting impression on the AFL in history. Chris Judd will be bought for whatever sum it takes and WC will not end up with Fevola.

Pratt has stated he is only in it for 2 years. He will ensure Carlton's financial status and depth of playing list for the next decade.
That would be awsome:thumbsu:
Carlton would get thrown out the league for not learning after last time:)

they might be the first club with appropriate cap room. after Jeff White the books will scrutinised very carefully.

most teams get rid of at least half a dozen blokes at the end of the year and most would have cap room except maybe the top 4 clubs, this is why collingwood couldn't possibly get him unless Buckley is forced out for him

What I will say is he would still be with the Eagles if the club had been just a little harder on Cousins and Kerr and got rid of both for their poor behaviour.

But, because the club wasn't, he feels aggrieved by that. I wouldn't blame him for feeling that way.

Youd honestly prefer Judd to both Kerr and Cousins?

You would take Judd over that duo? Judd is a awesome player but he aint two awesome players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People bagging Judd are moronic... Seriously the guy has given great service to the club. If Gibbs goes on to be a star, but then wants to go home I will be broken, but then I will want my club to benefit from the deal. I would want them to go hard for what they can get. Yes it would hurt like hell, but you have to respect someone's right to no longer work for an employer and of course to live in the city of their choice.

Let's say Judd wants to have children and feels that he wants to raise these children at home is there anything wrong with that?

I have travelled and worked in numerous cities yet I always end up coming "home" eventually.

Look to what you can get for him, remember the service he gave you and move on.

Judd just turned 24... still has 8-10years left. He won't go to a club just because it is on the verge of a premiership, same as he won't go to a club just because it's president thinks he can buy the world. He will go to a club where he will be happy, because I don't think he was happy where he was :)( whilst holding the Premiership cup).

Odds:

$1.30 - Melbourne
$1.50 - Carlton
$2.00 - Collingwood/Richmond/Kangaroos
$2.50 - Essendon
$3.50 - Club Un-quoted

What alot of people probably haven't realised is that Judd was a good player but in the last 2 seasons he was surpased by Kerr and Cox as the best at WCE. IMO Judd was #3 and slipping as his speed definitely dropped off and this groin injury is more than likely permanantly going to restrict him.

De JaVu as a similar groin injury Worsfold had finished him up early too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back