Chris Knights in AFL.com.au 'Team of the week' as a sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
For Adelaide Forum interest purposes, I would like to see whether people think he is deserving of a place in the best 22 for the round just past...

Team-of-the-Week-Rd16-wsub.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/141674/default.aspx

At first glance i thought it had to be a misprint.

After thinking about it a bit though, i wonder if that team selection criteria just compares all of the subs and names the most effective in that position. With 17 touches (and ignoring time on ground) it's entirely possible that he had the most impact of any sub in that round.

Poor approach i agree, but i think that's how they've come up with it.

After thinking about it a bit though, i wonder if that team selection criteria just compares all of the subs and names the most effective in that position. With 17 touches (and ignoring time on ground) it's entirely possible that he had the most impact of any sub in that round.

That's the only thing it could be. He was ok, but he wasn't the 22nd best player on the weekend in the league

I would've thought it be that they name best 22 players for the week, but now have I realised they consider a sub position player... This isn't really a good indication of best players though in my opinion...

I would've thought it be that they name best 22 players for the week, but now have I realised they consider a sub position player... This isn't really a good indication of best players though in my opinion...

I'm with you mate - as i think would be the majority of the footy public. Very strange approach and makes the already meaningless award even less credible :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Knights in AFL.com.au 'Team of the week' as a sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back