Chris Mainwairing passed away

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we please keep this thread on topic please.

A footballer has passed away regardless of the team he played for and already the idiots are out pointing fingers and making unsubstantiated accusations.

Keep this thread on topic or you may be carded.

Thanking you!

By the way, for all those taking cheap shots and making judgements on his death. Give it a rest at least for a couple of days.

Let the man rest in peace and give his friends, family and supporters time to mourn his loss.
Anyone taking cheap shots about a guys death should be permanently banned from here.

Eagles legend Mainwaring dies

Posted 1 hour 6 minutes ago
Updated 16 minutes ago

* Map: Cottesloe 6011

West Coast Eagles legend and sports presenter Chris Mainwaring has died in Perth.

The dual AFL Premiership player died after being rushed from his Cottesloe home to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in the early hours of this morning.

Police say officers had been called to Haining Avenue about 11.30pm after complaints Mainwaring had been yelling in the street.

When police arrived, he was calm and refused treatment from St John Ambulance.

Officers left him in the care of a neighbour.

About an hour later, ambulance officers were called again and found Mainwaring unconscious.

He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving in hospital.

The cause of his death has not been revealed but police say there were no suspicious circumstances.

He is survived by his wife and two children.

Chris Mainwaring was 41.

Police cordon off and search Mainwaring home

The Police Major Crime Squad has declared the incident a sudden death and is conducting an investigation.

Police have cordoned off part of Haining Avenue where Mainwaring lived and forensic officers are scouring the home.

Officers are also doorknocking local residents as they try to piece together the circumstances in which he died.

Sad to hear.

Was one of those players from the Eagles I used to love to hate...in a good way... due to his amazing fitness and ability and that he always played well against us.

41 far too young.

Ch 9 newsbeak reported it as a 'suspected overdose'.

RIP Mainy.

Hmm even if that’s true, surely we will see plenty of coverage on a Current affair and Today Tonight about television personalities and drug use? After all, he was no longer at WC, but at C7?

RIP Chris, true champion of the game, one of my favorite players during his era, absolute gun on the field.

Chris Mainwaring was probably the first really good Eagles footballer. He was the most consistent of all the Eagles from 1988-1994. He never played a bad game. Beautifully balanced and polished, he'd get 30 touches every week.

Now he's gone to that great eyrie in the sky...

RIP Mainy

You'll be missed but not forgotten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R.i.p Chris

Ill Never Forget The Carlton V Westcoast In 93' When He Had To Kick A Goal On The Final Siren To Win, But Ended Up Hitting The Post.

Also Heard A Rumour That He Used To Play With A Hangover, Can Anyone Confirm This!

I'm not so sure but I'll stand to be corrected. I would suggest police and ambos dont walk away from potential suicides

Sadly, they often do. How do you pick the potential suicide from the guy who's just had a few too many and will go home and sleep it off?

__Ron__ Seriously next time i go to melbourne im going to look for you..! Ill get your details from bigfooty track you down no problems. Chris has just dies and your being a smart ass about it! Now i know you dont go for stkilda,in fact you hate them! Every post you give them shit. Please bigfooty members dont take this loser into account he just wants to give us stkilda supporters a bad name on bigfooty (and all the other stkilda supporters will back me with this)

Your a joke man get a life

Once again RIP Chris. :(

Chris seemed to do everything with passion and a smile on his face. Loved him because of the way he played footy and his personality was infectious

C. Mainwaring, D. Kemp, P. Matera

what a centre line :(

You are obviously too dumb to comprehend what I am pointing out! Just how stupid are you?????

Re-read the posts and get some comprehension skills or piss off and stop polluting the thread with your crap.

I understood perfectly what you said. I pointed out it had nothing to do with my point, at which point you threw all your toys out of the pram and started throwing insults around. Get out of the thread, troll :thumbsdown:

Don't tell people what they can and cannot post. There is a broader issue at hand here and it is important society understand the full consequences of certain life choices before they actually make them.

And they are not unsubstantiated accusations, media outlets have already reported he died of a drug overdose, so get back in your box and do your job properly, don't threaten people because they may say something you don't like.

How would the media know, before the corerners report had been done, its all speculation.

Media are stupid, don't listen to them unless it is confirmed. Mainwaring may of died from a drug overdoes, but Journos are not doctors, and there will be a toxology report that will say that drugs were or were not in his system. This will not be released for a couple of days. Journos jump on the fact he was incoherent, and relate instantly to drugs, and make their own assumptions, if wrong, they should be sued for defemation of character. I have read a few articles, and seen a video clip of the news, and no one said drugs at this point, as it would be impossible to tell this early.

Once again, everyone that made drug taking the cause of death, without waiting, should edit their posts, because if it isn't true, it is not right.

If anyone know where I can read more about the confirmation somehow, that it is drug related, link me, if not, learn to zip.

__Ron__ Seriously next time i go to melbourne im going to look for you..! Ill get your details from bigfooty track you down no problems. Chris has just dies and your being a smart ass about it! Now i know you dont go for stkilda,in fact you hate them! Every post you give them shit. Please bigfooty members dont take this loser into account he just wants to give us stkilda supporters a bad name on bigfooty (and all the other stkilda supporters will back me with this)

Your a joke man get a life

Once again RIP Chris. :(

Go ahead, your a saint supporter, nothing to fear there, but lets change the topic and make it about you. :)

"Mainwaring..like a cork in the ocean"

Quality player and obviously highly regarded due to his involvement in AA selection amongst other things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Mainwairing passed away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back