Roast Chris Tarrant is a Prick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I intend to boo him loudly if Collingwood somehow miraculously find themselves on this side of the continent next season. Usually I think booing ex-players is a bit fatuous and players kinda feed on it a little, but a big blouse like him will probably shed a tear and retire out of shame. I hope you all join me in this gesture.

Yeh, I agree with most on here ...
I'm a little annoyed that he only gave us one team to trade with... but when you put it in context of a normal job - it's not that bad. He wanted to work for a certain company but couldn't do it without going through the channels that the AFL have in place. (i.e. He couldn't just walk straight into Collingwood after his contract ended at Freo - It was either a trade or the draft).

In the end, we should choose not to stress over things we can't change. He was a temporary player and now he's gone. I'm over it!

"... now where did I put that tarrant voodoo doll ...." ;)

Tarrant IS lying scum. Paul Connors methods are atrocious and we should be very wary in any dealings with him, to the point of educating all our players and prospects about selecting player managers that don't burn bridges.

Would love to see 000's of A3 banners held by our supporters at our next colonwood game, but what to say?

"Sissy Tarrant's a nancy boy"
"Tarrant = lying scum"

any other suggestions? but that would just be juvenile ;) , but would be fun and somewhat gratifying

Listened to an interview on Triple M - Melbourne, even though Eddie runs the show, would have thought that they may have thrown a thanks for turning my career around or something.....

THOUGHT WRONG!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Someone asked me what I thought of the Tarrant / Collingwood situation and I yelled at them:

Yes they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell.

i harbour no ill-feeling towards taz and understand his desire to return to collingwood to deal with unfinished business. in his position i would do exactly the same. footy is a game that some people are lucky enough to play for a couple of decades, and it isn't any more important than that.

This has all got a bit weird I think.

On the other hand, I find his comments about still owing Collingwood something, or having unfinished business a bit curious. Not quite sure what that means, he never had his heart in it playing for Fremantle, even though he played some very good footy for us and probably earned his pay cheque?

I thought that was strange too, considering it was Freo who gave up a round 1 pick in a strong draft, Medhurst and Polak (former pick 4 and good talent who may have done better under Harvey) to get him. Given this, if anything he owed Freo as his first couple of seasons were very average.

Its all attitude though isn't it, I can imagine Barlow (assuming all will be right with his leg) in the future staying with Freo and paying them back for the chance and support he has been given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that was strange too, considering it was Freo who gave up a round 1 pick in a strong draft, Medhurst and Polak (former pick 4 and good talent who may have done better under Harvey) to get him. Given this, if anything he owed Freo as his first couple of seasons were very average.

Its all attitude though isn't it, I can imagine Barlow (assuming all will be right with his leg) in the future staying with Freo and paying them back for the chance and support he has been given.

Yep, these types of trades show the true character of some people. Tarrant could have got his wishes with some honesty and a little work from his manager. Instead they took the lazy easy route to guarrantee the outcome they wanted, lying through their teeth along the way.

Good luck Taz. I can't understand the whole 'turned his career around' line. Freo wanted Taz bad and got him. If anything, Freo erred badly last year in not going for a more lucrative trade at that time, when he stated his intentions to return home. He was very clear that he was going to retire if not playing for Collingwood next season.

I hope he goes back and starts sleeping with Buckley's wife again.

Gets on the piss and disrupts the rest of the squad.

By the way Dane Swann, you left your EPO prescription on Doc Whiteside's desk. Just thought I'd let you know. :thumbsu:

Good luck Taz. I can't understand the whole 'turned his career around' line. Freo wanted Taz bad and got him. If anything, Freo erred badly last year in not going for a more lucrative trade at that time, when he stated his intentions to return home. He was very clear that he was going to retire if not playing for Collingwood next season.

Couldn't agree more,I thought we should have sold high. Still it's easy to see why they wanted to keep him with all they young players and the hidings we copped in 2009 fresh in the mind. He probably would have played in Collingwood's premiership team and retired!

I couldn't care less. Last of the Schwabolly Magic Beans trades. Was a terrible deal at the time and is worse with hindsight.
Don't really see how any of this is Tarrant's fault. I never really thought of him as a Freo player, just someone visiting.

Yep. Just a gun for hire. Follows the dollars and blew out of town as quickly as he arrived...

I hope he goes back and starts sleeping with Buckley's wife again.

Gets on the piss and disrupts the rest of the squad.

By the way Dane Swann, you left your EPO prescription on Doc Whiteside's desk. Just thought I'd let you know. :thumbsu:

Beat me to it, chops.

Tarrant's a ********. I hope slips straight back into his old ways and starts drinking with Swan, Didak, Shaw et al. The odd bar brawl or nightclub "incident" and Collingwood to suffer for it.

Think about it. Collingwood did better without him; Freo went downhill (except for this year) with him.

A lot of sour grapes in this thread. Disapointing.

He gave your club 4 years good service. Was always going to return, even when you recruited him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back