Chris Tarrant trade talk (merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Chris Tarrant stays a magpie.

Probably not a surprise.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tarrant had a Fevola like revival next year. I don't expect Fevola's to last, not would I expect Tarrant's to (if, of course, it occurs).

Why would they announce that he'll be staying?

If Carlton came to us and offered the #1 pick and Marc Murphy, I can guarantee we would trade him.

The best they could announce would be that we wouldn't be actively shopping him, and even then, I don't see why that would need to be announced in a press conference.

Trav 20 said:
Fact # Tarrant asked to be traded.

Fact # he's on ridiculous coin and for that reason alone no one will take him.
i dont think he asked to be traded thats just a load of BS. If that was the case they wouldnt confirm he'd be staying against his will. Im sure no club would keep a player on their list if they didnt want to be there- that disrupts the playing group. He also stated in a press conference with his agent he wanted to stay and didnt want to go anywhere else. So thats clarified up.
Now whether he is on ridiculous coin or not is debatable but lets not go into the politics involved of players wages- lets leave that up to the people it concerns.

Its good to see that finally all the talk and rumours and bashings of Taz will finally conclude and everyone can now move on and prepare for the upcoming trade week and the draft soon.

I 'd hate to see him go and I just hope he has an injury free year. If he does have an injury free year he could go All Australian again, now that DT and Pendles are a year older and we could possibly pick up J Selwood to boot. Taxz will get far better delivery. Didaks injury hurts there.

I'm still not convinced he'll stay though as this could just be a reply to Bomber Thompson statement about their pick 7 'we'll take the best player'.

If the cats offer pick 7, I think he may be traded.

i hope its true ,but why would collingwood make a statment like this? What happens if another club offers up something too good to be true? Does collingwood then do a back flip?

GET CHRIS TARRANT THE F%$K OUT OF COLLINGWOOD.
I AM SICK OF HIM BLEEDING THE CLUB DRY IN RETURN FOR NOTHING!
FOR ALL OF YOU THAT THINK HE IS GOOD FOR THE CLUB, YOU ARE WRONG. HIS ATTITUDE IS SHOCKING, JUST IMAGINE WHAT THAT DOES TO DT AND PENDLES etc.
CHRIS TARRANT IS A MENACE. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captain Wacky said:
Sounds appropriate enough, club and player were made for each other.

Like port supporters can talk, dean brogan hitting people at airports, and one of those 3 infamous drug uses whose names werent released, one of them is a 'big game' (hint) power forward. :thumbsu:

love it :thumbsu:

collingwood dont get another 1st round pick and tarrant keeps missing easy shots in big games, sounds good

to anyone who thinks he will do a fevola get a ****ing clue

fev is a kp forward who has a wonderful kick and a bit of heart for his club

tarrant is a fairy hf flanker who ****s himself infront of the sticks and is laughable

good news imo

hansen, smith and staker have just released a huge sigh of relief. looks like wce will be keen on draft picks which is just doing us more good for later on. offloading gardiner, mcdougall and co for a few draft picks. looking good. the only player wed trade for is bradshaw.

MAG87 said:
hansen, smith and staker have just released a huge sigh of relief. looks like wce will be keen on draft picks which is just doing us more good for later on. offloading gardiner, mcdougall and co for a few draft picks. looking good. the only player wed trade for is bradshaw.

Maybe Kent Kingsley if they can't secure Bradshaw.

PLSC said:
love it :thumbsu:

collingwood dont get another 1st round pick and tarrant keeps missing easy shots in big games, sounds good

to anyone who thinks he will do a fevola get a ****ing clue

fev is a kp forward who has a wonderful kick and a bit of heart for his club

tarrant is a fairy hf flanker who ****s himself infront of the sticks and is laughable

good news imo

about the only good news carlton will be getting for a few years. enjoy it. :thumbsu:

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Why would they announce that he'll be staying?

If Carlton came to us and offered the #1 pick and Marc Murphy, I can guarantee we would trade him.

The best they could announce would be that we wouldn't be actively shopping him, and even then, I don't see why that would need to be announced in a press conference.

They can have Buckly for that?:thumbsu:

Kangas_Scotty said:
Collingwood football manager Neil Balme will confirm at the Lexus centre tomorrow in a media conference at 2pm that Chris will remain a pie in the 2007 season. Neil was rung and he confirmed this.

Who was he "rung" by?

c'wood-pies said:
GET CHRIS TARRANT THE F%$K OUT OF COLLINGWOOD.
I AM SICK OF HIM BLEEDING THE CLUB DRY IN RETURN FOR NOTHING!
FOR ALL OF YOU THAT THINK HE IS GOOD FOR THE CLUB, YOU ARE WRONG. HIS ATTITUDE IS SHOCKING, JUST IMAGINE WHAT THAT DOES TO DT AND PENDLES etc.
CHRIS TARRANT IS A MENACE. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hmmm, I'm guessing you follow either Bitchmond or the handbags

If this is true then it is very disaspointing for two reasons:

1. Our list is weak and trading him could have firmed it up and set us up for the future.

2. He deserves to be traded for not applying himself and being an idiot. Sometimes you need to send a message and once again Mick has backed down and taken the soft option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant trade talk (merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back