Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

The premiership player tag doesn't make them magically better than Tarrant.

If Taz had been traded to the Pies a year earlier he'd be a premiership player now too.

I agree, just because they are a premiership player doesn't make them better than Tarrant or a fix-it for the team.

I do think Tarrant will end up at Collingwood though.

Any reason why it can't be Davis for Tarrant straight swap? Davis is looking to go home, was an All Australian last year and despite it being much publicised that he had a poor year he still ended up 4th on Collingwoods goal kickers list and 1st for inside tackles. I think it would be a pretty fair trade all around.

But but... but... Collingwood don't trade premiership players... and if I'm not mistaken ol' Neon Leon got a Premiership medal.....:rolleyes:

Any reason why it can't be Davis for Tarrant straight swap? Davis is looking to go home, was an All Australian last year and despite it being much publicised that he had a poor year he still ended up 4th on Collingwoods goal kickers list and 1st for inside tackles. I think it would be a pretty fair trade all around.

Davis is no good. Even Mick worked it out eventually (after it almost cost him a flag). No club even hoping to get close to finals wants a player who has so consistently and spectacularly failed at the pointy end of the season.

Umm cos you get someone you want and we get someone we don't want nor need. Pretty simple really - we have Walters, Ballantyne and Circhton and bringing in a lazy sod like him would hurt their development.

lets not forget that if the saints or the pies kicked an extra point in the first grand final, tyson goldsack would never of even played in a GF. now leon gets dropped, tyson gets a sweet ride to a premiership medallion and all of a sudden he is untouchable.......i played in a local premiership this year, do you think ill be better next year???? the collingwood mentality says yes. lucky for me i know collingwood fans have very few smarts!!!

Leon for Taz makes sense, a player you don't really need for a player we don't really need, both would be best 18 on ability but won't because of more talented youngsters with much more potential playing similar roles.

Maybe you can turn Leon into a shutdown defender, 6 touches won't look bad if his man is goalless!

Leon for Taz makes sense, a player you don't really need for a player we don't really need, both would be best 18 on ability but won't because of more talented youngsters with much more potential playing similar roles.

Maybe you can turn Leon into a shutdown defender, 6 touches won't look bad if his man is goalless!

But... He is a premiership player and Collingwood don't trade premiership players :rolleyes:

Sadly, Tarrant has really shafted the club here...

He should have demanded a Trade last year if he was really going to do the right thing by us. He has left us with pretty much nothing and is being totally restrictive on which team he goes to.

Fact is Taz, you would be on the scrapheap if it wasn't for us. Show some respect because without Harvey you would have no meal ticket.

Freo should take Tarrant into the discussions, it might shock him to realise Collingwood don't care if they get him or not.

Sadly, Tarrant has really shafted the club here...

He should have demanded a Trade last year if he was really going to do the right thing by us. He has left us with pretty much nothing and is being totally restrictive on which team he goes to.

Fact is Taz, you would be on the scrapheap if it wasn't for us. Show some respect because without Harvey you would have no meal ticket.

Freo should take Tarrant into the discussions, it might shock him to realise Collingwood don't care if they get him or not.

He is far more suited to the Hawks or Blues. Both are EAGER to get him to sure up their sucky defences. The Pies have an excellent defensive structure, I think that half of this trade to get Taz is more about removing one of the best FullBacks in the league from the opposition. MM is not going to offer too much for him at all, we will get hosed on this deal if Taz is not more flexible.

I think you'll find they do care about Tarrant. They are just playing games thinking we'll do a trade similar to that which got Tarrant here in the first place.

I still reckon a deal will be done, because it doesn't really benefit anyone to have him walk away from footy. I enjoy watching him play, and not just because he looks good in purple. It would be a shame if he retires early.

While the club is outwardly saying it wants a player, I reckon we'd really like a nice pick out of the deal. Can see a third club being involved somehow. With all the talk about Thursfield, wouldn't surprise me if him and a pick upgrade somewhere comes our way.

I think you'll find they do care about Tarrant. They are just playing games thinking we'll do a trade similar to that which got Tarrant here in the first place.

I still reckon a deal will be done, because it doesn't really benefit anyone to have him walk away from footy. I enjoy watching him play, and not just because he looks good in purple. It would be a shame if he retires early.

While the club is outwardly saying it wants a player, I reckon we'd really like a nice pick out of the deal. Can see a third club being involved somehow. With all the talk about Thursfield, wouldn't surprise me if him and a pick upgrade somewhere comes our way.

would take that in a heartbeat :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would take that in a heartbeat :thumbsu:

Do you guys really rate Thurstfield? I would have thought that Faulks with a full pre season would pass him in relation to potential and ability when the ball spills to the deck.

I think that we have the right one. I would still have taken Blight and a 3rd rounder but they Delisted him!

Do you guys really rate Thirstfield? I would have thought that Faulks with a full pre season would pass him in relation to potential and ability when the ball spills to the deck.

I dunno. Thursfield + Faulks + Another mature KPD late in the draft ( + Silvagni + Sibosado) ... all of a sudden our young KPD issue is solved and we'll have pretty good depth in that area going forward. Also means we can use pick 20 and pick 37 on a midfielder and a key forward combination.

Cant blame Taz for not pushing hard for a trade last year he would of known we were desperate to hang onto him no matter what.
Looked to me like there was noooo way we were gonna let him go early, he was very much a required player under contract and they thought they had a small chance of getting him to stay longer.
We were desperate to hang onto him, i doubt they even entertained any talks about him he was off limits.

Time for us now to stop talking to collingwood an start talking to the other teams about Taz.
They can an will offer us alot more than collingwood as in the position there in it would be silly to offer too much.
But if we stop talking to collingwood an look elsewhere if they really want Taz they will come back with a better offer.

Say its hawks or carlton we get a good offer from they then need to get anyone from the club who was closest to him, to have a heart to heart talk.
Look mate collingwood arent giving us anything suitable, but hawks/carlton are willing to give us this hawks will be finals contenders again with u leading their defense an their forward line is very strong so u wont be forced to play there.

Its obvious collingwood have been in his ear sweet talking him an telling him what to do to get there.

I have resolved it in my mind, Taz for McPhee.

I don't think we screwed Essendon on purpose it was just poor management on their part that led to McPhee still being uncontracted after the trade period.

I also don't think Collingwood are screwing us on purpose it's just that Tarrant would be nice to have not need to have and they are not going to through the kitchen sink at us.

So effectively I have resolved that it will be Tarrant for McPhee and steak knives, which is a pretty fair trade once Collingwood even up with Essendon:D. Helps me sleep at night.

umm essendon lost mcphee coz of knights.
he pissed of their old stars(lucas Lloyd) an forced them into early retirement.
Mcphee was next in line to be forced into positions he cant play in order to allow the young guys to develop but keeping him there to help mentor them.
Older players had no guarantee of getting game time an if they did they were forced into positions they couldnt play.
Lloyd was forced to try an play a richo type role an sucked but knights still wanted him out their to help guide the younger players.
So lloyd was left with the option another year playing chf that plays up around midfield getting no involvement in game as he couldnt play the role or retire.
He sensibly chose to retire.
Mcphee had no option but to get out of their if he wanted to play football.

umm essendon lost mcphee coz of knights.
he pissed of their old stars(lucas Lloyd) an forced them into early retirement.
Mcphee was next in line to be forced into positions he cant play in order to allow the young guys to develop but keeping him there to help mentor them.
Older players had no guarantee of getting game time an if they did they were forced into positions they couldnt play.
Lloyd was forced to try an play a richo type role an sucked but knights still wanted him out their to help guide the younger players.
So lloyd was left with the option another year playing chf that plays up around midfield getting no involvement in game as he couldnt play the role or retire.
He sensibly chose to retire.
Mcphee had no option but to get out of their if he wanted to play football.

Fair point I didn't want to rehash this as it been done to death but my point was that Essendon didn't receive compensation for a required player who was offered a two year contract.

Pies or Bust for Tarrant:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103897/default.aspx

CHRIS Tarrant is prepared to chance his hand in the NAB AFL Draft if Fremantle doesn't trade him to Collingwood, his manager Paul Connors says.

"He'll be worth whatever Fremantle can get for him, because if they don't accept that he will go in the national draft," Connors told afl.com.au's Trade Week Radio on Friday morning.

But Connors is also urging them to consider a player swap.

"Jack Anthony, I heard, is looking for a new home," Connors said. "There's Leon Davis. I've got a young kid by the name of Jarrad Blight looking for a new home."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103897/default.aspx

^^^^^^^^^

So much for Tarrant trying to do the right thing by Freo. :rolleyes: :mad:

Chris Tarrant is trying to do the right thing by Freo.

Freo isn't doing the right thing by Freo.

If you guys want nothing and a sour taste in your mouth fine.

A 23 year old full forward who kicked 50 AFL goals last year is more than enough compensation for Tazza at 30 and just out of a serious injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back