Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

The more this drags on, the more I hope Tarrant ends up retiring. He feels like he "owes Collingwood"? What a load of bullshit. They gave him the arse, he owes them nothing. He just wants to walk into a premiership side, that's all.

The problem is, I can see the same thing happening as Ball. Other clubs just won't pick him up, and the Pies will, then we will get nothing but he still ends up at Collingwood. If we were to get nothing, but guarantee he retires, then I'd take it.

Chris Tarrant is trying to do the right thing by Freo.

Freo isn't doing the right thing by Freo.

If you guys want nothing and a sour taste in your mouth fine.

A 23 year old full forward who kicked 50 AFL goals last year is more than enough compensation for Tazza at 30 and just out of a serious injury.

Rot.

When he left he said he'd agree to a deal that was fair to Freo but did not limit himself to one club - wind the clock forward and now Collingwood is the ONLY option.

And lol at your Anthony offer, many of your own fans are disdainful of his ability AND attitude (why won't he chase?). This follows on from your previously "fair" offers of Blight (delisted!), and Fraser (for which you're expected to receive a lowly 3rd round compensation pick).

And as for your offer of Leon "MIA" Davis? Look at your own board, particularly the 2009 and 2008 September threads.

PS Good trolling, I needed to vent!

Chris Tarrant is trying to do the right thing by Freo.

Freo isn't doing the right thing by Freo.

If you guys want nothing and a sour taste in your mouth fine.

A 23 year old full forward who kicked 50 AFL goals last year is more than enough compensation for Tazza at 30 and just out of a serious injury.
There is a real irony about this trade. We traded Medhurst for Tarrant. I think you got pick 12 as well which is Sidebottom.

But in relation to Medhurst you got an AA half-forward in 2008 who fell off the perch and has now retired rather than continue playing.

Now Collingwood want Tarrant back for basically nothing after Freo have developed him as an outstanding full-back.

In a couple years there will probably be some real karma about some of Collingwoods trading.

There is a real irony about this trade. We traded Medhurst for Tarrant. I think you got pick 12 as well which is Sidebottom.

But in relation to Medhurst you got an AA half-forward in 2008 who fell off the perch and has now retired rather than continue playing.

Now Collingwood want Tarrant back for basically nothing after Freo have developed him as an outstanding full-back.

In a couple years there will probably be some real karma about some of Collingwoods trading.
We actually gave them Pick 8 which we got from Richmond for Polak and pick 12, and they picked Ben Reid with that one.

Its funny how Collingwood supporters keep mentioning that JA kicked 50 goals once, Q Lynch also kicked 50 goals once. Does that make him a fair trade for an elite defender?

If you are going to compare you have to compare current form, Tarrant is one of the best defenders in the AFL (who has also kicked 50 goals once) but JA cant even get a spot in the Collingwood first team. Mmm I suppose you cant blame them for trying :)

If you are going to compare you have to compare current form, Tarrant is one of the best defenders in the AFL (who has also kicked 50 goals once) but JA cant even get a spot in the Collingwood first team. Mmm I suppose you cant blame them for trying :)

Well considering that we're not going to trade Freo ANY player that can make our best team you'd better start getting used to the reality of receiving a depth player.

Well considering that we're not going to trade Freo ANY player that can make our best team you'd better start getting used to the reality of receiving a depth player.

dont have to get used to anything... you are forgetting freo could just as easily redraft him.

If its PSD then definately re-draft him and then up-grade a rookie. If its the national draft it would be shame to use 2nd round pick and we wouldn't do that.

Taz left the club saying he wanted a reasonable deal and now his manager is telling us to suck it up. We should tell him to f...off. If the club feels we are being bent over there is no point getting a list clogger so we feel that 'face' has been saved.

In saying that I feel a deal will be reached and it will involve either the Crows or Blues and pick swaps.

If talks with Collingwood are going nowhere then we need to get a third club involved, or take a mid-late draft pick for Tarrant. What will be will be and there is no point arguing over something we have no control over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They must see something in Griffin that most people don't, if what I hear about him is true I find it hard to see where he could fit into our team

Hes a depth player mate - thats it. Hes not best 22 but look at the hole we were in when we lost Sandi this year.
Insurance policy. Hes no Sandi but hes no Mark Blake either.

yes we do panther

If u guys arent giving us what we want we arent going to bother taking it.
no point taking players we wont use coz its just the same as us getting nothing.

If he goes to national draft well atleast u guys had to use a pick to get him.
If he goes to pre season draft well u guys are going to put a big price on his head to scare off other teams, then come contract time for your young players they will see how much Taz was gettin paid an will want more $$$ so u will lose some young players to other teams with more $$$ to throw around.

Doesnt directly help us, but crap players who the team doesnt want wont help us either.

Doesnt directly help us, but crap players who the team doesnt want wont help us either.

Saint Kilda supporters tried to convince themselves this time last year. You'll lose Tarrant for nothing if you chose the Ross Lyon trading plank. As Luke Ball evidenced this year, it means little.

Saint Kilda supporters tried to convince themselves this time last year. You'll lose Tarrant for nothing if you chose the Ross Lyon trading plank. As Luke Ball evidenced this year, it means little.

If Fremantle re-draft him and he retires, the only person who loses out is Tarrant himself. What disincentive is there for Fremantle to not do this? They can either take a player they have no interest in from Collingwood (be it Anthony and his alleged attitude issues or a washed up Davis) or they can re-draft a player who doesn't want to be at Fremantle and prevent their main hurdle at a flag from getting stronger. And don't bring up restriction of trade. If Tarrant agrees to enter the draft, he knows what the rules are.

If Fremantle re-draft him and he retires, the only person who loses out is Tarrant himself. What disincentive is there for Fremantle to not do this? They can either take a player they have no interest in from Collingwood (be it Anthony and his alleged attitude issues or a washed up Davis) or they can re-draft a player who doesn't want to be at Fremantle and prevent their main hurdle at a flag from getting stronger. And don't bring up restriction of trade. If Tarrant agrees to enter the draft, he knows what the rules are.

We lose a player (Tarrant) AND a draft pick (chance to get another good youngster) so surely we're missing out twice!

I think it's a really bad idea myself.

Do Harvey & Bond have the balls to go through with that?

Pick 30 was on the table though last year which we'd take for taz. This time around you're only offering fringe players.

There was also less interest from rival clubs in Ball last year, if Tarrant enters the draft Hawthorn or Carlton might pull the trigger before your 2nd rounder.

We lose a player (Tarrant) AND a draft pick (chance to get another good youngster) so surely we're missing out twice!

I think it's a really bad idea myself.

You're looking at it wrong.

We pick Tarrant with our PSD pick. Tarrant retires. We are allowed to upgrade one extra rookie for the entire year.

At the end of the year said players returns to the rookie list, Tarrant is off the list and we replace him with a draft pick in the national draft.

So essentially we waste a rookie spot for a year and put our draft pick one year backwards.

You're looking at it wrong.

We pick Tarrant with our PSD pick. Tarrant retires. We are allowed to upgrade one extra rookie for the entire year.

At the end of the year said players returns to the rookie list, Tarrant is off the list and we replace him with a draft pick in the national draft.

So essentially we waste a rookie spot for a year and put our draft pick one year backwards.

Tarrant will want a 2 year deal though, so we'd have a guy on the list for 2 years who doesn't want to play for us and we'll have to pay him close to a million dollars.

The GC have the first 5(?) picks in the PSD, there probably won't be 5 names worth picking up and they'll have the capspace so it would be interesting to see if they pulled the trigger. Chris and his high maintenance Mrs would probably like the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back