Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Blight has been delisted.

I don't think Hall was delisted. The Swans just made it public that he would be traded at season's end.

I'm certain that if a player is delisted, then that's it. They're off that clubs list and can't be used in a trade.

Hall officially retired but remained on the list just and could have potentially stayed there until the cutoff date after trade week but before the draft

I dare say Blight has simply been told he'd be delisted at this stage pending trade week outcomes.

Really wouldnt mind Anthony for Tarrant now. All we need him to do is kick another 50 goals.

Mzungu Grover Silvagni
Duffield McPharlin Broughton
Morabito Mundy Ibbotson
DeBoer Pavlich Fyfe
Mayne Anthony Ballatyne

Sandilands Crowley Barlow

Palmer McPhee Hill Johnson

Walters, JVB, Hayden, Critchon, Faulks, Pearce can all come in at the drop of a hat.

Slowly ease Hayden and Grover out of the game with Faulks/Sibo and Mzungu

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...down-to-the-wire/story-fn69a32t-1225936855626
COLLINGWOOD and Fremantle today face their "high noon" over Chris Tarrant, with both clubs refusing to yield to the other.

The Dockers are chasing Collingwood's second-round draft pick for the 30-year-old defender, while the Magpies have offered their fourth-round pick.

Tarrant, who has moved back to Victoria, said he would retire if he was not at Collingwood next year.

That threat has been dismissed by Fremantle and the AFL.

An AFL spokesman told the Herald Sun: "If he nominates for the draft, he plays for who selects him - or he doesn't play at all."

The Dockers said yesterday they would not budge on their demand because clubs such as Hawthorn and Carlton, who have picks before Collingwood, would pick up Tarrant in the national draft.

They believe the Magpies will increase their offer or lose Tarrant..

We can't make Pies offer more than they have, but it doesn't mean we have to let them/Taz have their way. He can enter the draft if we aren't happy with their offer, and Blues or Hawks et al can have first crack.

As Panther said hopefully a deal is done, we may not see it as fair, but I don't know what is??

I don't see your logic Kruges? If they're offering players that aren't in their best 22 and/or late picks for a guy who was among our 6 most important players in 2010 what should the Fremantle Football Club have done or be doing differently ?

Don't get me wrong, I think we should go as hard and brutal as we can in order to get a fair enough trade for him but my point is if it means losing him for nothing it's not worth it. I'm not saying "give him away for free coz he doesn't want to be here", I'm saying if his threat about retiring if he doesn't go back to Collingwood is legit then a deal must be done. That's the gist of what I'm saying.

OK, I've had a few vinos so not thinking too well, but what if, for sake of argument, he nominates for the draft and after being selected by say, Hawks, then announces his retirement.

What happens to the Hawks ND pick? Do they get an extra pick in the later, poorer Rookie draft, or is it re-assigned to them for use in 2011 (or later years, like the compensation picks)?

OK, I've had a few vinos so not thinking too well, but what if, for sake of argument, he nominates for the draft and after being selected by say, Hawks, then announces his retirement.

What happens to the Hawks ND pick? Do they get an extra pick in the later, poorer Rookie draft, or is it re-assigned to them for use in 2011 (or later years, like the compensation picks)?

They wouldn't get anything would they? They've used the pick - it's done and dusted as far as I know?

They wouldn't get anything would they? They've used the pick - it's done and dusted as far as I know?

We're in unchartered waters here, the only instance I can think of is when the Eagles drafted Tim Watson, and I'm not sure if the Eagles ever tried to extract some sort of concession from the AFL.

Lots of ramifications - e.g., the AFL rules on TPP, promotion of someone from the rookie list etcetera

We're in unchartered waters here, the only instance I can think of is when the Eagles drafted Tim Watson, and I'm not sure if the Eagles ever tried to extract some sort of concession from the AFL.

Lots of ramifications - e.g., the AFL rules on TPP, promotion of someone from the rookie list etcetera

The Egirls were spewing at the time and Cook was CEO (well know for his aggression) so I'd be very surprised if they didn't try for some compo. But you're right Dorm, a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and the whole landscape has changed. Interesting?

They wont get a thing if he retires.
Its just like if they drafted someone an they had a career ending injury just part of the gamble.

Having said that Hawks would def go to the AFL an complain.

So its just not worth the risk for a hawthorn or carlton to take the risk an pick him.
Meaning collingwood will be the only ones who pick him.

Hopefully the pies sweat on the risk that another club will take him an have to burn their 1st draft pick on him that there so desperate to hang onto an use on young talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i agree, i'm sure if either of the other teams picked him up and he refused to sign they'd go crying to the AFL and the AFL would slap a bandaid on it like ruling out preferred clubs or; any rumours of players/player managers giving ultimatums to teams trying to trade them out will incur fines etc..

I think people should ease up on the Tarant abuse. While not the perfect situation for us, and the trading system certainly has significant loopholes, he is not behaving like a dog in the manner of j Carr - there is no comparison.

In other words they really want Tarrant and are willing to work it out with Fremantle despite what most collingwood supporters on BF think.
With talk of Cloke walking Tarrant suddenly becomes nearly a must have.
Goal posts have changed and Taz has become a lot more valuable,playing hardball by Freo might just be a godsend and their 2nd pick might just come into play

With talk of Cloke walking Tarrant suddenly becomes nearly a must have.
Goal posts have changed and Taz has become a lot more valuable,playing hardball by Freo might just be a godsend and their 2nd pick might just come into play

With David Cloke just saying that Travis may just end up in the draft, doesn't it make sense for both parties to just swap? Tarrant & a pick for Cloke perhaps? It'd be hilarious if they both went to the draft & Freo picked up Cloke and the Pies picked up Tarrant!

Loving Hutchy trash talking us still.

Keep it up boys and get what you want.

He wont ever have anything good to say about Freo. He loves to try bully/criticise the Dockers.

As a Freo fan I don't care if we get nothing for Tarrant. They need to stand firm and not cave.

Tarrant trade won't happen. Notice how he is now open to playing for other clubs. I would think thats a sign he will go into draft but doesn't want to be done for tampering.

Could swing a late trade with another club also but will see what happens. I doubt Fremantle will cave in and obviously Tarrant's manager believes that too.

Good on Fremantle, I thought their offer was fair. It's not there fault Collingwood tried to law ball them. Picks in the 60s are worth nothing to Fremantle, so the satisfaction of making him walk is worth it.

He wont ever have anything good to say about Freo. He loves to try bully/criticise the Dockers.

As a Freo fan I don't care if we get nothing for Tarrant. They need to stand firm and not cave.

Before when he was running through the completed trades for the day

Sam Jacobs blah blah so Carlton definitely caved there
Pick 61 the Dockers to Adelaide... so a win for Adelaide there

ohh i love you Hutchy

Tarrant trade won't happen. Notice how he is now open to playing for other clubs. I would think thats a sign he will go into draft but doesn't want to be done for tampering.

Could swing a late trade with another club also but will see what happens. I doubt Fremantle will cave in and obviously Tarrant's manager believes that too.

Good on Fremantle, I thought their offer was fair. It's not there fault Collingwood tried to law ball them. Picks in the 60s are worth nothing to Fremantle, so the satisfaction of making him walk is worth it.

Yep, they obviously got the word from the AFL. But the damage to the trade period has already been done - clubs have done deals they might not have had that been stated at the beginning of trade week instead of the "Tarrant will not play for anyone but Colonwood" BS. Connors and Tarrant still in big trouble.

Very Very pleased at Freo trades and attitude/tough line on Tarrant.

Hopefully the Cloke issue plays big into our favour - still possible a deal could be done in the next 2 hours. Would be very happy if Hawk/Carl pick him up in draft if Trade not done - Carlton most likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back