List Mgmt. Chris Yarran - Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA that's all well and good. Have your members and contend for top 4... but the oh so wonderful memory of that siren going in September after finishing 9th, it keeps me going.

Carlton will be back and we'll be doing all thing again... however in the mean time, if your second rounder is all you will offer with Lennon, then I'll learn to accept it if I have to :p

On behalf of Richmond fans everywhere, I apologize for us assuming that Carlton would just accept our offer of a 2nd round pick without anything else being offered, such as Lennon.

See, the reason this is happening, is because Richmond is superior to Carlton in every single way, both on-field and off-field. We don't respect a minnow wooden spooner, because minnow wooden spooners don't deserve to be respected.

Every club goes through it. In 2004, we lost Ottens to Geelong for peanuts (in relation to his true value anyway, which was probably a Top 5 pick + a Top 10 pick), and he became a 3 time premiership player for them. Geelong didn't respect us, they poached what they needed, and they trampled us like a ruthless juggernaut.

Just like we're going to trample you, and take what we want, when we want it, without you being able to do a damn thing to stop us. Because we're better than you, pure and simple! ;)

Carlton is like a lazy jobless man who used to be successful, and Richmond is like a successful business man with a career who used to be jobless but got his act together.

If the "Richmond" man sees the "Carlton" man begging for money on the street corner, and gives him a $10 note, he doesn't expect the "Carlton" man to kick up a stink and complain that it isn't enough, he merely expects the Carlton man to accept his kind generosity, to know his role in the world, shut his mouth, and take what is given to him. Because that's what happens when you hit rock bottom.

Because the man who represents Carlton is a meek creature that doesn't deserve respect. He will take what is given to him, or he will get nothing. He has no control over his life, because he pissed that away well before this situation by treating his star player like garbage instead of trying to work with him constructively.

The Carlton man had his chance, and he blew it. He has no bargaining power, respect, or authority, and he will be pillaged and plundered to the AFL world's content.

I don't blame the fans for fighting against this fate, I'd be fighting with you if I was a Carlton fan, but luckily the world wasn't THAT cruel to me.

And hey look, when you come up against teams who are actual threats to Richmond, such as Fremantle, Sydney, or Hawthorn, I'll be barracking hard for you guys to get the scraps from the King's table and sneak a win here and there.

But sadly, it is Carlton's destiny to be a minnow for the rest of its' existence. :cool:

Whenever a Richmond supporter (or any non-Carlton supporter for that matter, new franchises included) sees somebody with a Carlton guernsey on, this is generally our reaction:

We're all laughing at you Carlton.

Now, if you Carlton boys want something to do in your spare time over the off-season, instead of bitching about the 2nd round draft pick that you're going to be taking for Yarran, I suggest you go and carve out some Carlton-themed trophies in preparation for 2016.

Here's a tutorial to get you all started (edit: you'll need to click on the link and go to Youtube's webpage to watch. But it's worth it guys, this guy KNOWS how to make a good wooden spoon! :))

Last edited:
On behalf of Richmond fans everywhere, I apologize for us assuming that Carlton would just accept our offer of a 2nd round pick without anything else being offered, such as Lennon.

See, the reason this is happening, is because Richmond is superior to Carlton in every single way, both on-field and off-field. We don't respect a minnow wooden spooner, because minnow wooden spooners don't deserve to be respected.

Every club goes through it. In 2004, we lost Ottens to Geelong for peanuts (in relation to his true value anyway, which was probably a Top 5 pick + a Top 10 pick), and he became a 3 time premiership player for them. Geelong didn't respect us, they poached what they needed, and they trampled us like a ruthless juggernaut.

Just like we're going to trample you, and take what we want, when we want it, without you being able to do a damn thing to stop us. Because we're better than you, pure and simple! ;)

Carlton is like a lazy jobless man who used to be successful, and Richmond is like a successful business man with a career who used to be jobless but got his act together.

If the "Richmond" man sees the "Carlton" man begging for money on the street corner, and gives him a $10 note, he doesn't expect the "Carlton" man to kick up a stink and complain that it isn't enough, he merely expects the Carlton man to accept his kind generosity, to know his role in the world, shut his mouth, and take what is given to him. Because that's what happens when you hit rock bottom.

Because the man who represents Carlton is a meek creature that doesn't deserve respect. He will take what is given to him, or he will get nothing. He has no control over his life, because he pissed that away well before this situation by treating his star player like garbage instead of trying to work with him constructively.

The Carlton man had his chance, and he blew it. He has no bargaining power, respect, or authority, and he will be pillaged and plundered to the AFL world's content.

I don't blame the fans for fighting against this fate, I'd be fighting with you if I was a Carlton fan, but luckily the world wasn't THAT cruel to me.

And hey look, when you come up against teams who are actual threats to Richmond, such as Fremantle, Sydney, or Hawthorn, I'll be barracking hard for you guys to get the scraps from the King's table and sneak a win here and there.

But sadly, it is Carlton's destiny to be a minnow for the rest of its' existence. :cool:

Whenever a Richmond supporter (or any non-Carlton supporter for that matter, new franchises included) sees somebody with a Carlton guernsey on, this is generally our reaction:

We're all laughing at you Carlton.

Now, if you Carlton boys want something to do in your spare time over the off-season, instead of bitching about the 2nd round draft pick that you're going to be taking for Yarran, I suggest you go and carve out some Carlton-themed trophies in preparation for 2016.

Here's a tutorial to get you all started (edit: you'll need to click on the link and go to Youtube's webpage to watch. But it's worth it guys, this guy KNOWS how to make a good wooden spoon! :))

yes. your club disrespects Carlton so much you give a 2nd Rounder for Hammer.

The only reason why we won't be getting him for pick 31 this year is the fact that Yarran is contracted, it's the premium we have to pay for a contracted player.
I understand that, the point being Yarran is not worth pick 100000000000000001, let alone a first round pick. Regardless of his contract situation. If the clowns at Punt Rd had half a clue, then as soon as Carlton mentioned first round pick, they should have said see ya, not interested.

I don't really hate Carlton though. I used to, don't get me wrong, but I don't hate you guys anymore.

Hating Carlton at the moment is like hating bambi, you guys are helpless and defenseless, and aren't a threat to anybody.

Afl.com.au says RFC trying to get a first round pick between 15 and 20 for Yarran

This is just embarrassing. The RFC footy dept may as well resign.

Talk about a rollover. After getting Hampson for a few games which costed Docherty now they are trying for a first rounder for 12 months of Yarran!!!.

Why even bother trading at all and simply just troll RFC supporters?

Afl.com.au says RFC trying to get a first round pick between 15 and 20 for Yarran

Talk about a rollover. After getting Hampson for a few games which costed Docherty now they are trying for a first rounder for 12 months of Yarran!!!.

If the story has merit, I like the part where Richmond go pick 12, no. But if we can somehow get pick 15, then yes.......

Yarran is not worth a first round pick on any number. The lazy sod was not getting a game for the worst performed side (regardless that it was due to his pea heart) of the season. Yet by the looks of things Richmond rate him enough to give over a first round pick.....seriously those campaigners haven't got a clue.

Yeah because Docherty is such a gun :drunk:.

Realistically I think we all know that pick 31 is a bit low. In a weak draft it's even worse than normal. He's probably worth a pick in the high teens to low 20s. Will be a gun for us. Absolutely worth it.

If pick 12 has to be used for Yarran, then I would put it back on Carlton with,

Tigers give : Pick 12 + Lennon
Blues give : Yarran + First Round pick in next years draft

So we give Pick 12 for Yarran (which is overs)
But if Carlton has a poor season we end up with an early pick next season. Which would mean Carlton has payed overs for Lennon. Carlton would have to finish 7th or higher for us to lose out.

Please don't be abusive, just a simple yes/no.

Talent wise no matter what u guys think, yarran is a 1st rounder. The last few years we have played Carlton he is always the first player I worry about (after judd). Attitude wise but he is a worry. With a fresh start though I think it will benefit him, but I agree it shouldn't be an excuse. Dangerfield told the crows he was leaving weeks ago..well no more needs to be said, all class.
An early 2nd rounder I think is fair, the bloke is about to enter his prime not to mention it is a thin draft

That's a pity, it was a pretty decent site, but I guess all good things come to an end.

Now, onto the banter... :cool:

You got it half right! :thumbsu:

I'm still very biased towards Richmond. But isn't any supporter pretty biased towards their team? :p

I don't really hate Carlton though. I used to, don't get me wrong, but I don't hate you guys anymore.

Hating Carlton at the moment is like hating bambi, you guys are helpless and defenseless, and aren't a threat to anybody. :D

Back in the AFLOnline days, Carlton were a decent footy club with good off-field support, a decent membership, and a decent list. Whilst my club was a basketcase with shit training facilities, shit drafting/trading, and a pretty terrible list all up! It's true, I can admit it, Carlton were superior to us for that period of time.

But things have changed buddy. Richmond's now the team with elite training facilities, a list that is contending for Top 4, a young core full of potential superstar players, and heaps of money in the bank. Whereas Carlton are the basketcase with barely any money, a shit list, and disgruntled supporters.

Carlton used to have about 10,000 more members than Richmond. Now Richmond has about 25,000 more than Carlton.

And soon, Richmond is going to have Chris Yarran on its' books, whilst Carlton have a 2nd round pick to play with in the draft to help it rebuild its' list again, after Malthouse completely savaged it.

Why would I hate Carlton man? :D

I hate Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the articles are true & we get pick 17/21 for Astbury & we trade that for Yarran we should then move heaven & earth to get Carlisle with pick 12.
I'd be wrapped with this. We can then target a quality mid with next yrs picks\future picks

If pick 12 has to be used for Yarran, then I would put it back on Carlton with,

Tigers give : Pick 12 + Lennon
Blues give : Yarran + First Round pick in next years draft

So we give Pick 12 for Yarran (which is overs)
But if Carlton has a poor season we end up with an early pick next season. Which would mean Carlton has payed overs for Lennon. Carlton would have to finish 7th or higher for us to lose out.

Please don't be abusive, just a simple yes/no.

no- we dont give pick 12

You guys might not rate him, but the people the watch him every game do. Yes, there are his quiet games and games where he is hardly sighted for a qrt or 2, but it just take him 15 minutes to turn a game around. Similar to Rioli.

I suggest you re-read the thread. Lots of us here rate Yarran (me included). The concern is that getting back to his best is not guaranteed and only an idiot would fail to acknowledge it.

I believe that the Carlton fans are closer to the mark than the Richmond fans. Most of us think he is slightly later than pick 12, but no where near as late as Pick 31. In a weak draft, where he is contracted and the other team being the chaser all year, you cannot expect Carlton (or their fans) to just accept what we are offering and to shut up. It doesn't matter how many time Nathan Brown says it's so.

Again, suggest you re-read the thread. There's pretty widespread agreement that Yarran's value is somewhere between 12 and 31. Consensus seems to be between 15 and 20.

But, hey, why let facts get in the way of a good story. Who knows, perhaps you can convince us that posters on the Carlton board are impartial?

Jordan McMahon was a better footballer than Yarran. Pick 17 or pick 21 for Yarran is disgusting. If we actually manage to acquire a quality pick through offloading Astbury, I will be irate if we piss it away on Yarran.
You are kidding yourself. Yarran>>>>>>>>>>>McMahon.

Worth a pick between 18-25 IMO, a gun when he is on. And its the coaching staff's job to make sure he is. Do any of you seriously think we would not have spoken to him about his obvious attitude issues this season? And then gone away and done due diligence on him.

Will add a LOT to our side if he buys in!!

I suggest you re-read the thread. Lots of us here rate Yarran (me included). The concern is that getting back to his best is not guaranteed and only an idiot would fail to acknowledge it.

Again, suggest you re-read the thread. There's pretty widespread agreement that Yarran's value is somewhere between 12 and 31. Consensus seems to be between 15 and 20.

But, hey, why let facts get in the way of a good story. Who knows, perhaps you can convince us that posters on the Carlton board are impartial?

the problem I find with Yarran is that if tge team isnt doing well he seems to take a back seat.

when the team is going well he is one of the best players.

I'll start with this one. What do you mean? English son. It's your second language!

Next up. So you're basically saying that your mods are too lazy to deal with idiot trolls that every club has and that our mods are excellent for dealing with the muppets that come through our doors from your club and others? Well done Morro ,
Equus , DrMike NUFC Tiger ! Well done guys! Pay no attention to what I say about you when I is mad.

I reckon you should marry him. He is a bit of a spunk. :hearts:

So what you're saying is that Hardwick knows him better than any of your coaches? That's a very astute observation. Well done!

So you're saying he was shit but not quite as shit as the rest of his shit teammates who finished bottom of the ladder? Thanks for the clarification!

Which pick from us were you after again?

Who went to Melbourne for picks 61 and 79.

Yes he does.

I'm pretty sure what he says doesn't matter. I hope I haven't taken you out of context anywhere.

I'm not actually a Richmond board mod but I'll humbly accept your praise nonetheless johnno77. :D

Our mods do a fantastic job though, easily the best in all the land. ;)

the problem I find with Yarran is that if tge team isnt doing well he seems to take a back seat.

when the team is going well he is one of the best players.

Yep.

As a bit of an aside, I wonder if this influenced RFC's decision not to pursue Bennell?

One problem child might be manageable, but you wouldn't want too many guys in your team who rely too much on raw talent and not enough on hard work.

Carlton people would know better than me whether Yarran's problem is lack of effort (it sure isn't lack of talent), but if that's the way RFC see it (and something has to account for not wanting to part with 12 to get him) then I can see us not wanting to create too much work for ourselves and so opting out of the race for the more problematic of the two.

Thus ends my amateur attempts as sports psychology because, frankly, I don't really have a clue what RFC are thinking

I want our big fish to be the Geelong recruitment guy
This would have been good.
be13db3a-627e-4c58-931f-62b5dca1ef37-img.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back