Toast Christensen: The new Diesel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baudolino your back!
(I could have sworn I saw you red carded a few days ago)

I can do em for sure, depends on what people wanna see is all.
I had an idea of creating a thread named 'Bundy Watch'...where I do all his matches but that's being biased as he's one of my favourite players.

David, his game could have been better.
There was a bunch of times in the first half where he tried to break tackles.
But North were on the ball and menacing with the tackle.

Against a lesser side he would have smashed them.
Who knows, give it another year and maybe he'll break a few more of those.

Watching the Carlton game now, and I think given his size we can applaud his ability to break tackles. He is fantastic in close and in contested situations.

EDIT: just won another contest after I typed, against two Blues players on the ground deep in the 3rd. So good at winning contests.

Favorite current Geelong player, and that is saying a lot!

I look at the BigFooty AFL top 50 list frequently... on the list forum done by 'eaglespremiers' (it used to be done by AussieGun). Christensen would be top 25 in the league after last night I think, the newest one isn't up yet. He is definitely Geelong's highest rank.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, because a lot of players start on a very steep trajectory only to plateau early.

But not many players are strong on the inside, quick on the outside and lethal around goal.

This kid is.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, because a lot of players start on a very steep trajectory only to plateau early.

But not many players are strong on the inside, quick on the outside and lethal around goal.

This kid is.

I do often get ahead of myself (I said we would win the flag around Feb this year) but the kid has everything, could be something very special.....
In this thread I said he's not far off being a 25 disposal 2 goal a game mid, so far this year hes 22/2 so not far from what I said.

Bundy became my favourite player after he missed out on a Rising Star nomination in 2011 (against Richmond, from memory), and when asked if he was disappointed in an interview during the subsequent week he replied something to the effect of: "No - it's just an award. I get to play for Geelong."

It's been reinforced a lot since then, but this is the very latest. Go to the replay of the last game (Richmond, again) and focus on straight after he scores a clever sharking goal with 4:51 to go in the 3rd/4.

He gets the obligatory high fives and backslaps from his team mates as he goes to the edge of the square for the next bounce, and then, as he waits for the bounce, one of the trainers comes out and hands him a water bottle.

Bundy takes a quick drink, and then clearly cracks a quiet joke to the trainer that has the water boy laughing out loud.

No pretensions, no prima donna turns, no elitism, no b.s.. A man of the entire club, not just the elite.

#28 is my main man! Our Bundy!

I love Bundy too, as I commented in the match autopsy thread.

One concern though, I saw that he had his wrist strapped up for last night's game, whereas I hadn't noticed if he had in previous matches this year. I hope it's not a recurrence of the wrist tendon issue that he had last year, which seemed to drag on for most of the season. Does anyone know anything about this?

Cameron Ling was asked about him during the last quarter last night and he said something which was very surprising (to me at least) he said he believed Bundy is the best of the lot in that he always had the ability to win his own footy but also the speed to break away and be a goal kicker on top of it all.
He said they weren't sure whether his lighter frame would be able to hold upto the constant hits at AFL level but it's become obvious now that he's not just holding his own but becoming a real worry for the opposition.

Pretty big wraps as Lingy is a very astute footy mind, he clearly knows his stuff so great accolade :)

I will happily brag that I have told my other half repeatedly that Bundy will be the best of our kids for a couple of years... Mind you it's much easier saying it here now after a game like last night :D
But he wins his own footy, has such clean hands and makes quick smart decisions, one of my favorite highlights of his is from the 2011 QF against the Dawks in our run of 3 goals in about 2 mins of actual play. Where he took the ball and almost in the same action fired out a handball over his left shoulder... Causing Bruce to groan in excitement..
Love the kid - to the point that the mrs refers to him as 'your boyfriend'

I honestly can't remember a player who reads the ball off the pack as well as he does. That goal he kicked off the pack in the 3rd - I have seen him rove the packs like that so many times now. It's not luck.

Hits the pack at speed each time as well, fantastic skill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am getting a bit sick of the commentators getting Bundy, Stokes and Motlop confused.

It isn't hard... they look different and more importantly they move very differently (which is the biggest tell).

Don't know how many times they call a Stokes possession or goal when it is actually Christensen.

It's pretty bloody easy to get Bundy and Stokes confused at a quick glance, similar size/build... Doesn't help that they are numbers 27 & 28 either

Hits the pack at speed each time as well, fantastic skill

exactly right and that game last year against Richmond summed him up for me, gets knocked out in a terrible front on collision deep into the 4th quarter, scores are level and Richmond are pressing, he looks finished for the day and in the hands of the trainers but only minutes later he is front & square of the contest, roves the pack and snaps though a brilliant goal to give the Cats an 8 point lead which was the ultimate sealer for the day.
Crowd were going nuts over his courageous effort to not only pick himself up off the canvas but to kick the match winning goal was classic Bundy :thumbsu:

exactly right and that game last year against Richmond summed him up for me, gets knocked out in a terrible front on collision deep into the 4th quarter, scores are level and Richmond are pressing, he looks finished for the day and in the hands of the trainers but only minutes later he is front & square of the contest, roves the pack and snaps though a brilliant goal to give the Cats an 8 point lead which was the ultimate sealer for the day.
Crowd were going nuts over his courageous effort to not only pick himself up off the canvas but to kick the match winning goal was classic Bundy :thumbsu:
I have a great memory of that day, yesterday I caught the last five minutes of that game on Fox Footy and I asked if Christensen had goaled yet.

Someone was sitting a few rows back from me that day, a non-regular. He was pretty vocal and supportive of the Cats. The whole time he'd yell "HOW'S THE HEART OF THE KID?!" whenever Christensen did something good.

Fair to say when Bundy goaled that fella was hilarious. :)

Enjoyed reading every post you blokes have written, sometimes I sense myself wincing when he runs desperately into packs chasing that ball, he's amazing to watch!
He's reaching hero status like Selwood.:)
I think there's a special relationship between him and Stokesy, look at him this year, big change!:thumbsu:

Am getting a bit sick of the commentators getting Bundy, Stokes and Motlop confused.

It isn't hard... they look different and more importantly they move very differently (which is the biggest tell).

Don't know how many times they call a Stokes possession or goal when it is actually Christensen.
Apparently Yarran, Betts and Garlett are easily distinguishable from one another so I can't see why our indigenous lads are any different! It's kind of annoying, but then again most TV commentary is sub par and I've come to expect nothing less .

But in keeping with the topic, I've said it before and I'll say it again...Very proud to have the 28 on the back of my jumper!

Enjoyed reading every post you blokes have written, sometimes I sense myself wincing when he runs desperately into packs chasing that ball, he's amazing to watch!
He's reaching hero status like Selwood.:)
I think there's a special relationship between him and Stokesy, look at him this year, big change!:thumbsu:

That's agreat call Meto , Stokes has also been sensational this season - I'll admit to writing him off as one who will make way but I'm delighted to say I couldn't be more off the mark.
You just know Bundy is going to be one of those go to guys who will get you over the line when the whips are cracking.
Awesome all round footballer who has courage to burn.

That's agreat call Meto , Stokes has also been sensational this season - I'll admit to writing him off as one who will make way but I'm delighted to say I couldn't be more off the mark.
You just know Bundy is going to be one of those go to guys who will get you over the line when the whips are cracking.
Awesome all round footballer who has courage to burn.

One I'm always talking up and wasn't so happy with was Motlop, I purposely didn't mention him with those two because he has alot to learn from the selflessness of those others.

Gee! I was angry with him more than once for showboating Sat night, he needs to look at Bundy and Stoksey and take his eyes off himself and stop thinking of how many goals he'll kick.

Christensen has got a write up in both papers today. At Geelong, that used to mean the player would go on to play a shocker.
Yeah I remember anyone taking a walk down media street during the week Wouk turn in a shocker. Thankfully our young guns seem to be a bit more adept at keeping their feet on the ground than years past.

Unrelated to Geelong, but I recall jake king having a puff piece done on him a few year back when he was in ok form in rd 3-4, promptly turned in stinkers for the remainder if the season.

Bundy has certainly caught the interest of media hounds lately.

We all applaud the recruiting strategy of character that has come with Wells' tenure, it can be said with confidence he has absolutely nailed it with Bundy.

Yeah I remember anyone taking a walk down media street during the week would turn in a shocker. Thankfully our young guns seem to be a bit more adept at keeping their feet on the ground than years past.

I wouldn't be to concerned, we are known for bucking trends. SJ and Enright last week, Motlop the week before, Taylor hunt recently ... Bundy again this week :) Good times.

I have always had a soft spot for Bundy & Coke Stoke
bundy%20and%20coke.jpg
Allen+Christensen+Geelong+Cats+Grand+Final+Yo3n0q-ZCjWl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back