Rumour Clark to Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions cant let Mitch go...its as simple as that...given the year we just had - he has to be a required player!!

IF (it is most likely speculative at this stage) Mitch has requested to be traded, then happy for us to move him on and in the process get a decent first round pick. It can be an opportunity to start a comprehesive re-build with players who want to be part of the process. Hopefully, Luey will stay healthy and Charmo will give a decent run next year.

Interesting what authority Freo supporters are exercising on our board.....

Gee, can I apologise on behalf of our board for some poor posting from bigpav, you guys don't need that.

I really can't see a trade being done here, I'd say our team would be pretty cautious approaching a big trade like this, will probably take a conservative approach and nothing will get done.

BTW don't read the thread on our board about Mitch, the amount of times that posters think Pick 20 + whatever we get from Tarrant, or even less will get the job done is alarming.

BTW don't read the thread on our board about Mitch, the amount of times that posters think Pick 20 + whatever we get from Tarrant, or even less will get the job done is alarming.

One of your purple friends posted that scenario in the trade predictions thread. Something like pick 20 and the Hawthorn compensation pick? Not gonna happen.

Top 10 pick and a good player, otherwise **** off. I'm sick of our club being bent over during trade week.

I'm sick of our club being bent over during trade week.

Yeah, but unfortunately we are the ones who can't wait to get out pants off quick enough.

Hopefully now that Gubby has gone we are more resilient in keeping them up and will not be an easy lay and start saying "NO", we are not that easy anymore. Its time we start playing hard to get.

IF (it is most likely speculative at this stage) Mitch has requested to be traded, then happy for us to move him on and in the process get a decent first round pick. It can be an opportunity to start a comprehesive re-build with players who want to be part of the process. Hopefully, Luey will stay healthy and Charmo will give a decent run next year.

Interesting what authority Freo supporters are exercising on our board.....

Charman!!? you cant be serious!

he would or should be lining up for an assistant role...im suprized if we are entertaining him comin back on the field...wishful thinking at best

We have to tell him he's required! If he wants out then there is the GWS waiting when out of contract next year. We will be compensated!

The club needs to start backing themselves in that things have turned and he will wish to re sign with us! The review has been seriously done it seems so time for everyone to harden up!

We have to tell him he's required! If he wants out then there is the GWS waiting when out of contract next year. We will be compensated!

The club needs to start backing themselves in that things have turned and he will wish to re sign with us! The review has been seriously done it seems so time for everyone to harden up!
We lost the best player in the competition for a mid and a late first rounder. For Clark you would get a late first rounder at best from GWS (because theres no way he could be considered the same tier as Ablett).
I haven't read through the thread, but if Geelong were to offer you our compensatory pick (which comes after the clubs first pick) + a fringe player or another late pick, that would be significantly better than what you can hope for from GWS.
But regardless these laws the clubs have agreed to, have lead to us all being bent over in a big way, theres nothing you can do but squirt some KY liquid in and hope it doesnt rip you apart....

too far?

He could still be ranked a tier under Ablett, which means we only get the pick after our first. An additional fringe player (or late pick) is hardly significantly better. By not trading him this season, at least we have another season to try convince him to stay, though there's obviously risks with his value falling etc., but his stocks could always go up too.

The other advantage of keeping Mitch on the list and potentially losing him to GWS, is at least they can't (I think) get anyone else. We have to accept that we WILL lose a player to GWS.

Fremantle fans are idiots you should check out their board, they are the new Carlton.

One poster has suggested that:

Clark is worth Collingwood's first round pick + with maybe Schammer

Yet

Tarrant is worth Collingwood's first round pick + Jack Anthony

Thus according to them Clark is worth less than Tarrant, delusional.

BUT

The truth of these rumours needs to be found out, if true then ask where he wants to be traded to. Hopefully he won't mind going to Melbourne clubs as then we would get a good deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Advantages of keeping Mitch on the list for 2011:

• Get one more year out of a very valuable player (don't for one minute think he will stand out the year, or even not try as hard). Also won't have to see him in another team's jumper - especially that shocking new Freo one- for another 12 months.
  • Show some strength as a club in not caving into demands of contracted players. Also helps squash a perception that all BL contracted players are fair game to other clubs.
  • Potentially gain a GWS pick that will in all likelihood be better than anything Freo will put on the table (I am assuming here that Mitch would be classified a tier 2 player and the pick would be directly after out first draft pick - sorry I don't know the exact rules in relation to GWS).
  • As I mentioned earlier, if we lose Mitch to GWS, we won't lost anyone else.
  • Allows more time to try and convince him to stay beyond 2011. I know it goes against popular big footy thinking, but there is a possibility Brisbane could actually have a decent year in 2011 and who knows what Freo will do. Not out of the realms of possibility he could re-sign.
Advantages of trading him to Freo - or anyone else for that matter.

• We will be relieved of any salary cap pressure that still exists.
  • We will have the use of any draft pick or player trade in 2011
  • Um I think thats it.
Saying all that if an offer is too good to refuse or if salary cap pressures are really that bad, then we may have to trade. but I think they are big if's.

We lost the best player in the competition for a mid and a late first rounder. For Clark you would get a late first rounder at best from GWS (because theres no way he could be considered the same tier as Ablett).
I haven't read through the thread, but if Geelong were to offer you our compensatory pick (which comes after the clubs first pick) + a fringe player or another late pick, that would be significantly better than what you can hope for from GWS.
But regardless these laws the clubs have agreed to, have lead to us all being bent over in a big way, theres nothing you can do but squirt some KY liquid in and hope it doesnt rip you apart....

too far?

I agree with what you're saying, and hence why Bris might want to think about trading him, because we all know the rating for compensation players isn't necessarily as good as it should be (look at Harbrow only being an end of first round pick) but you'd need to offer more than pick 11+ a fringe player for a player like Clark, that's some serious unders.

Advantages of keeping Mitch on the list for 2011:

• Allows more time to try and convince him to stay beyond 2011. I know it goes against popular big footy thinking, but there is a possibility Brisbane could actually have a decent year in 2011 and who knows what Freo will do. Not out of the realms of possibility he could re-sign.
I think the Ryan O'Keefe is a good example here...wanted and asked to be traded to a Melbourne based club whilst contracted...Swans wouldn't budge and he ended up signing a new 4 year deal if IIRC a season later.

Provided the Lions can get the house in order both on and off the field, Clark is not a lost cause yet and thus should not be traded anywhere.

[/LIST]
I think the Ryan O'Keefe is a good example here...wanted and asked to be traded to a Melbourne based club whilst contracted...Swans wouldn't budge and he ended up signing a new 4 year deal if IIRC a season later.

Provided the Lions can get the house in order both on and off the field, Clark is not a lost cause yet and thus should not be traded anywhere.

nail*hammer*head

The common trade Freo think is fair is Pick 20 and Michael Johnson for Mitch Clark...

That would be a win for Brisbane.

Im sorry guys but i dont want to see a fair deal go down. If what has been reported that he does want to leave and for Fremantle then i'd offer pick 20 and thats it.

Is it worth it? Not in a zillion years, but no way should Fremantle seek a "fair deal" just because a player says he wants to play for Fremantle.

If Brisbane dont want to trade then best of luck with him staying. Hope it works out for you.

You might find it funny what Fremantle supporters are offering, but i find it hilarious reading about his worth.

That would be a win for Brisbane.

Im sorry guys but i dont want to see a fair deal go down. If what has been reported that he does want to leave and for Fremantle then i'd offer pick 20 and thats it.

Is it worth it? Not in a zillion years, but no way should Fremantle seek a "fair deal" just because a player says he wants to play for Fremantle.

If Brisbane dont want to trade then best of luck with him staying. Hope it works out for you.

You might find it funny what Fremantle supporters are offering, but i find it hilarious reading about his worth.

Go back to watching netball' coz U have NFI about footy.

Go back to watching netball' coz U have NFI about footy.

Im just being realistic.

We should offer pick 20 and maybe a fringe player. That wont get the job done, so thats the end of it.

Why should we offer over the top or close to what he's worth?

No way in the world will Fremantle offer anyone half decent unless they want out of the club. Hence no chance on Fyfe.

Best of luck with him next season.

Im just being realistic.

We should offer pick 20 and maybe a fringe player. That wont get the job done, so thats the end of it.

No way in the world will Fremantle offer anyone half decent unless they want out of the club. Hence no chance on Fyfe.

I doubt the trade will happen....End of next season if he wants to go to the GWS so be it..

Im just being realistic.

Seems like your missing some key concepts of trading here.

Freo or any team will pay what he's worth if they want him. We can all only speculate the circumstances here...how bad Freo wants him (if at all)? How bad he wants to go (if at all)? How badly he wants to go Freo (if at all)?

And your opinion seems to be that Freo shouldn't and will not pay anything near his value. That is fair enough, this is a forum after all but clubs will generally have to pay close to his value if they want him bad enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Clark to Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back