Rumour Clark to Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

dodgy speculation twitter account with ~260 followers = reliable source

About as (un)reliable as Greg Denham and Craig Hutchison. Hasn't stopped Freo fans believing them lock, stock and barrel.

Hi all. Long time lurker/reader.

Now that the AFL have intro the 1 sub rule, Clark seems like a must keep? as he can play different positions and ruck. You wouldnt want a 2nd ruckmen on the bench, cause then you would have 2 runners only? Death to Charmo?

Peace

Hi all. Long time lurker/reader.

Now that the AFL have intro the 1 sub rule, Clark seems like a must keep? as he can play different positions and ruck. You wouldnt want a 2nd ruckmen on the bench, cause then you would have 2 runners only? Death to Charmo?

Peace
Good observation bcraze. This means Clark's trade value has just doubled. Whatever Freo were to offer, double and triple it. Once Sandilands went down in the finals, Freo were impotent. Clark in their team makes them close to favourites for a flag under the new rule. That's why it will never happen. Simply Freo don't have the inclination and fortitude to put up an above value trade on the table.
This is now very encouraging for us. Burger and Clark in the team now becomes an essential ingredient for success. One trick ruckman may just have been consigned to history.

Also players such as Goringe and Lynch in this year's draft have become even more valuable commodities. With pick 10 it may mean that we will use it on one of them if either slips through.

The rule basically means teams now have a 3 man bench, that is going to put a lot of pressure onto the midfield rotations. Any player that can stay out on the field longer will be worth their weight in gold, especially talls like Clark. He can play nearly any position, including running up and down the wing whilst you still have 3 mids resting and rotating.

dodgy speculation twitter account with ~260 followers = reliable source

Yep..my first impressions were the same...However have been following for a while now...has been spot on more often than not.

I have to say it is dodgy, from some guy in Melbourne called deepthroat. Apparently Cllingwood get Taz, we get Clark and you get anthony and pick 20, 37. From a more reliable source called the HERALD SUN.

I have to say it is dodgy, from some guy in Melbourne called deepthroat. Apparently Cllingwood get Taz, we get Clark and you get anthony and pick 20, 37. From a more reliable source called the HERALD SUN.

Why would Brisbane want Anthony?.....Good luck in getting that over the line..3 way deal..

Well it would explain the stupid calls from the media seeing as a few major sporting media stations follow this guy...............

Why would we possibly be happy with a trade involving Anthony? Where would he play, forward pocket? Ha!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link?

Not seeing it in the Anthony and Tarrant story.

Its a laugh how much the Freo supporters are expecting for Tarrant. I think they are in for a disappointing trade week somehow.

Link?

Not seeing it in the Anthony and Tarrant story.

Its a laugh how much the Freo supporters are expecting for Tarrant. I think they are in for a disappointing trade week somehow.
Yep...here's the link
Posted on the Freo board 'Mitch Clark' thread at 6:04
post #422

If the Tarrant for Anthony rumpurs are true how about.

Collingwood: Get Tarrant
Brisbane: Get Anthony + pick 20 + pick 37
Fremantle: Get Clark

So basically collingwood get there key defender. Brisbane get a solid starting 18 player and 2 decent draft picks. Fremantle get there number 2 ruckman and number 2 KPF.

Our friend posts his reply on Freo Board 'Mitch Clark' thread at 6:23pm
post #424

Good offer. Think that would work, Brisbane should be happy with that, and i know i am.:thumbsu:

At 6:39 pm...the story has gone from a "how about" to claiming it as...... "a more reliable source called the HERALD SUN."

The tale has more holes in it than a crumpet...;)

StockBillSumner-McEnroe72.jpg

Can you spot who is missing:

BRISBANE LIONS
On the table: Michael Rischitelli has already left for the Gold Coast and Jared Brennan is set to join him via a trade. Contracted midfielder Justin Sherman is expected to seek a trade to a Victorian club, but the Swans are also interested. Ash McGrath could depart to ease salary cap pressure.
Targets: Given the fallout from last year's trade activity it would be reasonable to expect the Lions to have a quieter exchange period this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103710/default.aspx

The Timbuktu Tribune is reporting Mitch Clark in exchange for Stephen Hill, Des Headland and Trent Croad. Michael Johnson's stash being tossed in as a sweetener.

Until the Manangatang Times has the story I am a non believer:)

this rule change is a joke, and it will likely end the careers of Charman, Fraser and many more.

so said during 'On the Couch' that he has requested a trade to WA and been told in no uncertain terms he is a required player and won't go anywhere. Said if he wants to leave, he'll have to go to GWS at the end of next year.

I understand this threat, but doesn't a player who is uncontracted need to agree to go to GWS, or could the lions delist him, thus forcing him to GWS (but missing compensation)

Bizarre call from the boys on the couch

this rule change is a joke, and it will likely end the careers of Charman, Fraser and many more.

so said during 'On the Couch' that he has requested a trade to WA and been told in no uncertain terms he is a required player and won't go anywhere. Said if he wants to leave, he'll have to go to GWS at the end of next year.

I understand this threat, but doesn't a player who is uncontracted need to agree to go to GWS, or could the lions delist him, thus forcing him to GWS (but missing compensation)

Bizarre call from the boys on the couch

Far be it from me not take the free press in our liberal western democracy seriously:) but to be brutal this all seems like just another pile of chat to me.

From what I can make out the mooted trade was first put up by a TV commenter, Cometti IIRC, when he made a comment along the lines of "he would look good in the purple" or some such similar comment. After that it was picked up on the illustrious Big Footy and gained a bit of credence over a few weeks. Then a week or 2 back by the illustriously lazy Denham from The Orstayan who ran with it and it then become gospel. The request never made sense considering his contract status and Freo lack of any thing worth trading. The only thing I have heard that may make the request true is an off field issue concerning a lady friend but that is hearsay and even if there was something in that why not request a trade to Weagels to make it happen. At least they would have something to offer.

As to the well worn couch just looking at Mikes quivering bottom lip over this rule change was worth the monthly subscription to Fox alone. Mike not liking a rule change:eek:? Staggering! but then let me guess. Mike never thought of the specific rule change. Rushed behind against Not Rog anyone?!

Oh dear my cynicism knows no bounds:eek:.

Far be it from me not take the free press in our liberal western democracy seriously:) but to be brutal this all seems like just another pile of chat to me.

From what I can make out the mooted trade was first put up by a TV commenter, Cometti IIRC, when he made a comment along the lines of "he would look good in the purple" or some such similar comment. After that it was picked up on the illustrious Big Footy and gained a bit of credence over a few weeks. Then a week or 2 back by the illustriously lazy Denham from The Orstayan who ran with it and it then become gospel. The request never made sense considering his contract status and Freo lack of any thing worth trading. The only thing I have heard that may make the request true is an off field issue concerning a lady friend but that is hearsay and even if there was something in that why not request a trade to Weagels to make it happen. At least they would have something to offer.

As to the well worn couch just looking at Mikes quivering bottom lip over this rule change was worth the monthly subscription to Fox alone. Mike not liking a rule change:eek:? Staggering! but then let me guess. Mike never thought of the specific rule change. Rushed behind against Not Rog anyone?!

Oh dear my cynicism knows no bounds:eek:.

John don't worry you are from from the only cynic here.

The number of trade rumours I see in the papers after they have been floating around on BF for a few weeks still makes me laugh, lazy journalism at its finest....I hope the editor of the Courier Mail never works that Hammo's unnamed source is Lionshine (sorry couldnt resist).

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Clark to Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back