News Clarko in strife again

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Statement
The AFL this week made inquiries into an incident involving North Melbourne Senior Coach Alastair Clarkson during Saturday afternoon’s match in Hobart.

The AFL was made aware of the alleged comments by a match day official post-game who heard the comments, with the AFLIU following up the report.

Clarkson has admitted to loudly swearing and using inappropriate language while standing near the umpires and officials’ bench in response to an umpiring decision during the third quarter.

After talking to match officials, the AFL was not able to be comfortably satisfied that Clarkson’s swearing was directed towards a specific person or persons and in particular an AFL match official or officials and as such no finding of a breach of AFL Rules has been made.

Scott brothers are too smart to yell it at in front of people.

If a player yells what Clarko yelled out at an umpire, he is penalised. Happened to Clark at Freo a few weeks ago.

It’s actually not difficult to understand.

Yep, a free kick. Or a 50m penalty.

Do they get multiple weeks of suspensions?

Unless there is evidence it was directed at someone, I cant imagine the AFL going after Clarko because he may well just refuse. And then that could end up in court as well.

I dont imagine he would be too happy with anyone at the moment, and would be willing to fight.

Yep, a free kick. Or a 50m penalty.

Do they get multiple weeks of suspensions?

Unless there is evidence it was directed at someone, I cant imagine the AFL going after Clarko because he may well just refuse. And then that could end up in court as well.

I dont imagine he would be too happy with anyone at the moment, and would be willing to fight.
He accepted a suspended sentence!

End up in court, lol lol lol

Do we even know the facts yet?

If he swore at an official, he should be reprimanded. But if he just swore out of frustration, I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Maybe another please explain.

Agree with this. There's a lot of difference between swearing at someone and swearing in frustration not aimed at a particular person. Plus we don't have the full story as yet.

It’s a great place.
Big National organisation with exceptional pay and perks for management
If you're close with people a good natured shit stirring session is no problem. I feel sorry for all the uptight brigade that have to keep to line and length all day. Before everyone wets their undies im not saying the Clarkson situation is similar to this kind of workplace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's the thing, coaches have been recorded in the box for at least 15 years.
Not sure what the confidentiality clauses are like with those recordings and who's privy to the playback.
But no doubt many coaches would've used 'sanctionable' language up there in the box countless times with the evidence uploaded to dropbox.
Didn’t know that! Amazed they haven’t been leaked to the Interwebz. Would be hilarious, just like the Buddy Rich tapes!

I challenge all of the outraged North fans today to go into their workplace this morning and bellow F'ing C either at a colleague or even "into the ether" and report back to us on what happened

No one even looked up from their computer. Now I challenge you to tap your head and rub your tummy, with video evidence.

This "investigation" should be pretty quick.

There were three broadcast cameras setup on the benches at Bellerive to capture the Coaches (both Clarko and Hinkley coached from the bench) as well as the players on the interchange. Highlighted two of them in yellow below (with the third being the camera taking the footage of Clarko pictured).

Even though those cameras don't capture audio, the footage is clear and unequivocal. If there isn't footage of Clarko looking directly at an umpire and mouthing very easy to lip-read words, then this has to be dismissed as nonsense and Tom Morris should have to publicly apologise to Alastair Clarkson.

1717026875014.png

Remove this Banner Ad

News Clarko in strife again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back