NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

What i think will happen if Clarkson has decided Essendon.

- Decline Norths offer

- Essendon will have a presser tommrow to annouce Rutten will be parting ways and coach his last game on Saturday

- Once Rutten is gone Clarkson will announce he's picked Essendon as his club on Sunday

- Essendon to hold presser on Monday to annonce Clarkson as coach
Creative writing a forte of yours

Clarksons didn't win a single final in his last six seasons at the Hawks.

wFtmjUcAWg52vwJbti8KXjKEXR4qDr6s19DeOxiv_X4.jpg

Out in straight sets twice, didn't make top 8 in the other four seasons.

Look at the Hawks list now. They're in serious trouble, won't be contending any time soon.

The jubilation among North supporters is sad to see, shows how much they've suffered over the past 20 years.

This Clarksons fella better not be using this five year deal as an early retirement package.

But could you blame him if he did? The madman played this very well, credit where it's due.

I'll support him as the senior coach and hope he does well, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The dude didn't win a final in his final six years at a well-resourced club with plenty of talent on the list.

I mean seriously, it is almost like a joke that this guy is so revered to this day.

Yeah, he coached a threepeat, we all respect that. Amazing achievement.

But this isn't 2013 Clarksons and this list doesn't have a Buddy and a Roughead and a Hodge.

Anyway good luck to Clarksons, I hope he and Sonja make me eat a large premium humble pie.

I doubt it, though. I seriously doubt it.

Look at the Hawks list now. They're in serious trouble, won't be contending any time soon.

The jubilation among North supporters is sad to see, shows how much they've suffered over the past 20 years.

This Clarksons fella better not be using this five year deal as an early retirement package.

But could you blame him if he did? The madman played this very well, credit where it's due.

I'll support him as the senior coach and hope he does well, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The dude didn't win a final in his final six years at a well-resourced club with plenty of talent on the list.

I mean seriously, it is almost like a joke that this guy is so revered to this day.

But this isn't 2013 Clarksons and this list doesn't have a Buddy and a Roughead and a Hodge.

Anyway good luck to Clarksons, I hope he and Sonja make me eat a large premium humble pie.

Thought he was going to Essendon Captain Bringdown?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many Clarkson’s are coaching North Melbourne?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The angst amongst north fans is the even sadder to see, it’s like you lot expect every move to not to work out.

Worst case scenario Clarkson stabilises the list for another coach to take forward like Roos at Melbourne.

Worst case scenario Clarkson stabilises the list for another coach to take forward like Roos at Melbourne.

That's not even close to the worst case scenario.

Have you already forgotten what I just told you about Clarksons's final six years at the Hawks?

Zero finals, left the list in a terrible state, was unceremoniously booted from the club (while leaking to Caro).

It will take Mitchell at least another two years just to get them up to scratch.

Your 'worst case scenario' is actually better than what Clarksons achieved in his final six years at the Hawks.

34ygxy.png

That's not even close to the worst case scenario.

Have you already forgotten what I just told you about Clarksons's final six years at the Hawks?

Zero finals, left the list in a terrible state, was unceremoniously booted from the club (while leaking to Caro).

It will take Mitchell at least another two years just to get them up to scratch.

Your 'worst case scenario' is actually better than what Clarksons achieved in his final six years at the Hawks.

34ygxy.png

Clarkson history have shown he does better with young team and upcoming team. The last 6 years, he was trying to keep his window open and trade his way to another premiership. He had forgotten his way of the 2000s; that is focus on youth development which led him to four premierships.

He will have that chance at North.

Clarkson history have shown he does better with young team and upcoming team.

Not 'just up and coming' but a team which landed Roughead, Franklin and Lewis in a single draft.

Three top 7 picks, one of them an all-time great of the AFL, one a 283-game legend, and one a very good midfielder in his day.

You think we are going to have that luck in this year's draft? Please.

And let's not forget that Clarksons's threepeat was on the back of compromised drafts in '10 -> '13.

Whichever teams were at the top of their cycles entering 2013 were going to stay there.

And that is exactly what happened. It's not a coincidence.

Holy **** you are an absolute drag.

I doubt Clarkson had any influence on who the Hawks drafted that year being a rookie coach. I’ll give you Birchall.

Maybe North will similarly draft a few generational talents in the upcoming draft. I’d say Clarkson will have some influence of this picks this time.
I think he said he wanted talls in 2004 to the recruiters.

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no brainer, really.

how essendon are as an organisation and how they function, who'd seriously want to work within that environment? disgusting club. i'd be totally gutted to support such an entity like that. i would completely prefer to support a local / country football club, or the such, rather than be associated with efc. ugh.

kudos to the clarkson camp on making that right decision to pick the better club. extremely very well played

You're just embarrassed that you were completely wrong on him coming to North

Incorrect. First reply in this thread.

Yay Essendon you’ve done it again and yay Sheedy if it wasn’t for Malthouse you’d be the most narcissistic under performing inbred of all time.

Interesting perspective. Clarko also spent a long long time at the bottom of the ladder with the hawks before his strong run, which was powered by the high draft picks during the trough. But now as you note the team has fallen again.

If I was North, I would be striving for the Geelong and Sydney models of sustained success, both of which started before the Hawk’s rise and have persisted afterwards.

EDIT: This is not to say Clarko is the wrong choice, just that I hope North tested his proposal rigorously and didn’t just offer him the job because they couldn’t pass up on Clarko. Five years is a long coaching contract, I’d want to be doing my due diligence very carefully.

Last edited:
Being a doggies supporter, it’s always nice to see when a smaller club lands a big fish whether it be coach or player. It’s great for the comp!

Now, we just need a decent senior assistant down at Whitten Oval to support Bevo…

Geez man, not sure your point. Hawks didn’t bottom out just like happened to us during the Scott era. No one is suggesting Al will make a shit player good. What he will do is build a strong foundation and get the best out of our players.

That may mean the end of baby arms and fat guts hanging over jumpers. Being fit enough to run out a game would be a wonderful change.

Best thing that has happened to us in many years.

Mark my words

NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back