Classic Wrestling Thread (60s 70s 80s 90s 00s 10s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Sullivan has passed away
Kevin Sullivan was one wrestler who scared me as a kid - I bought into the Satanic gimmick even though I knew wrestling was a work. I never even saw him wrestle - the pictures were enough to make an impact.

My favourite story, I've heard of his though was wrestling Ron and Don Wright very early in his career in Tennessee when Ron started to carve up Kevin's head with his chisel - a blade that he had attached to a knuckle-duster. Sullivan, thinking he better shoot in self defence, punched Ron full on in the face with a chain to which Ron responded with something along the lines of "Good boy, that's how we do it down here".

since the show (The Queen of Villains) is up on Netflix now, WWE released these 2 matches. (I think they previously aired on Prime Time Wrestling. If not I definitely watched them on youtube not that long ago. Looks like WWE had the Dump/Bull match on their site for Bull's HOF induction)

EDIT: the airdates of these matches on PTW are prior to the episodes we can access on the Network.

Last edited:

since the show (The Queen of Villains) is up on Netflix now, WWE released these 2 matches. (I think they previously aired on Prime Time Wrestling. If not I definitely watched them on youtube not that long ago. Looks like WWE had the Dump/Bull match on their site for Bull's HOF induction)

EDIT: the airdates of these matches on PTW are prior to the episodes we can access on the Network.

That Queen of Villains show looks awesome. My understanding was that Dump, Bull and the Crush Gals were meant to be at WrestleMania 2 but Moolah pulled some sort of political move and the match got changed to Moolah vs Velvet McIntyre - which went less than two minutes when Velvet's bar strap broke and they had to go to the finish. It was a missed opportunity but they got it right with the Jumping Bomb Angels. Gave them two great grizzled veterans to work with (Judy Martin and Leilani Kai) as well as a great heel manager in Jimmy Hart and the commentators, especially Jesse Ventura put them over big time.

As for Dump, she was huge. I can remember seeing a bit on a current affairs show in the 80s about the phenom of joshi puroresu. I can even remember a Dump video game at the arcade in Swanston Street (we had a go at playing it but had no clue on what was going on so when went back to Exciting Hour Wrestling). Dump's entrances were awesome. And my God, the crowd reactions to Dump vs Chigusa is something else.

That Queen of Villains show looks awesome. My understanding was that Dump, Bull and the Crush Gals were meant to be at WrestleMania 2 but Moolah pulled some sort of political move and the match got changed to Moolah vs Velvet McIntyre - which went less than two minutes when Velvet's bar strap broke and they had to go to the finish. It was a missed opportunity but they got it right with the Jumping Bomb Angels. Gave them two great grizzled veterans to work with (Judy Martin and Leilani Kai) as well as a great heel manager in Jimmy Hart and the commentators, especially Jesse Ventura put them over big time.
never heard that one.

they said she sabotaged the Women's Tag Titles though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic Wrestling Thread (60s 70s 80s 90s 00s 10s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back