Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Sydney want Oliver? Strictly inside mids are pretty much done in the AFL, run link up and goal kicking ability is what its all about if youre paying someone that money. Taylor Adams pretty much does what he does for half the price.
Because the only way I can see them letting Warner go this year, is if they want to bring in someone else.

So short of Barrass deciding to leave, Oliver is the best option so far. 🤣

Because the only way I can see them letting Warner go this year, is if they want to bring in someone else.

So short of Barrass deciding to leave, Oliver is the best option so far. 🤣
Warner is a freaking star, my fav player in the comp. Bringing in an inside plodder for him doesnt replace him, you'd be better off taking a boat load of picks.

Can’t see the Dees selling low on Oliver this year. He’s too young and has been too good in the past for a fire sale trade. If someone comes knocking with a good trade offer, perhaps. I suspect they’ll hope that with a proper pre-season he gets most of the way back next year.
Dees are hoping all right. Or he just continues to fall away whilst getting paid a truckload of cash for the next six years.

Might need the head clearing fresh air of the Surf Coast?

32 by the time his deal is up. Paying that kind of money over that timeframe oof. Their expectation would have been a red hot flag window for the three seasons 2023-2025. Looks like an absolute disaster. The fact that it’s indexed and they’re paying him 1.3m a year is nuts.

May is dropping off a cliff and Gawn is 33 this year. Once Gawn goes they’ll become a rabble again.

So assuming Gawns last proper year might be next year, I suspect they’ll give oliver the off season and then see what they can do next year. If Gawn drops off and it becomes clear the windows gone I reckon they punt oliver end of next season.

Gawn is the only thing keeping this from absolutely imploding because he is carrying them.

Ill also say if Clayton Oliver was called say Tim Taranto the same conversations wouldnt occur. Definetly a media vendetta against Oliver for sure which people are buying hook line and sinker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill also say if Clayton Oliver was called say Tim Taranto the same conversations wouldnt occur. Definetly a media vendetta against Oliver for sure which people are buying hook line and sinker
If Tim Taranto was in this position Kane Cornes would be wild with excitement. He'd dedicate 10 hours of radio a week to it.

Same with the Brayshaw contract, giving out six years to a guy who was one hit away from retirement was irresponsible.

What’s the general mfc supporter attitude towards Oliver like these days?

I think there is always a level of sympathy from club supporters because you feel a connection to the player and want the best for them, especially a premiership player. But it also seems Oliver has taken MFC for a massive ride and is jogging around out there taking up a huge portion of the cap. It’s not like he’s on 400k a year.

I suppose it also falls on MFC for doing the deal.

What’s the general mfc supporter attitude towards Oliver like these days?

I think there is always a level of sympathy from club supporters because you feel a connection to the player and want the best for them, especially a premiership player. But it also seems Oliver has taken MFC for a massive ride and is jogging around out there taking up a huge portion of the cap. It’s not like he’s on 400k a year.

I suppose it also falls on MFC for doing the deal.
A mix of dick riders (still) and people that cant stand him now. I think there is still more dick riders but the tide is definitely turning.

West Coast could be the best place for him to go. They would have heaps of salary in the cap available so could take his contract. He would get away from his social group of bad influencers and West Coast is poor in the midfield and could do with another inside midfielder to support Yeo, Kelly and Reid.

West Coast could be the best place for him to go. They would have heaps of salary in the cap available so could take his contract. He would get away from his social group of bad influencers and West Coast is poor in the midfield and could do with another inside midfielder to support Yeo, Kelly and Reid.

That’s right, we need him around Reid. Sure.

No thanks, id rather not
I cant imagine he would be a good influence on a very young squad who is still finding their way.
However, top up with a few guys along with Clarry, we could be a contender again before Yeo and Gov retire which would be nice. Too aggressive though I think

If hes over his off-field issues then the Dees would just keep him, if hes got issues then hes a hard sell with 6 years to go on huge money.
Geelong is the only non-melbourne club I can think of that might suit him. Maybe the Crows if theyre desperate throwing cash around

Oliver > Warner > freos first rounders.

Melbourne get currency to rebuild before Tassie, swans get a warner replacement.
If I was Sydney, no to Oliver as a Warner replacement, especially I they win the 2024 flag.
They could get in someone like Perryman , take freos first rounders to the draft which makes their list younger.

It would have to be something like Oliver + Dees first round this year and next year, for our fifth round pick.

No way would i want the club touching that shit contract unless there are some sweeteners with it. It would have to be an NBA style salary cap dump by the Dees to be entertained by any club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back