Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is clearly going to happen. Going to be a standard setter on these trades moving forward.

Contract makes it very difficult. I'm not sure it does unless he agrees to take a pay cut (and the afl sign off on it). But we at least know him and Geelong are both interested now.

Contract makes it very difficult. I'm not sure it does unless he agrees to take a pay cut (and the afl sign off on it). But we at least know him and Geelong are both interested now.
There's 3 interested parties, it will get done. It will just drag out coz there's a fair bit to sort out.

Honestly, your clubs clear significant interest is most surprising but I suppose not many other clubs can take on the risk - particularly if there's been MORE events to trigger the move from Melbourne.

Your quoting Tom Morris....FMD you Geelong supporters are gullible.

Its not Perts job.
Get your head out of your ass.

You asked for proof where Pert was shopping Oliver and it was provided there right in front of you.

Be delusional all you want, but Morris has been right all along starting with the Petracca saga which he nailed on thr spot.

Get your head out of your ass.

You asked for proof where Pert was shopping Oliver and it was provided there right in front of you.

Be delusional all you want, but Morris has been right all along starting with the Petracca saga which he nailed on thr spot.

Morris clearly has some great Melbourne contacts.

Was offloading Oliver part of the settlement to appease Trac so he holds leaving for another 12 months? If they trade Clarry and Trac decides to go walkabouts in 12 months time, adding to Brayshaw’s unexpected retirement, that’s their premiership midfield gone in the space of 24 months. Not to mention Gawn probably only having two years left in him

Was offloading Oliver part of the settlement to appease Trac so he holds leaving for another 12 months? If they trade Clarry and Trac decides to go walkabouts in 12 months time, adding to Brayshaw’s unexpected retirement, that’s their premiership midfield gone in the space of 24 months. Not to mention Gawn probably only having two years left in him
I'd doubt it, Oliver and petracca have great on field chemistry. Why would they get rid of Oliver, a top 10 player in the comp when fit for nothing. If they trade petracca they'll be able to rebuild.

Surely Pert, Goodwin and richo go instead

I suspect there's an element of Pert rug pulling his coaching department do he can do a clean out.

There's 3 interested parties, it will get done. It will just drag out coz there's a fair bit to sort out.

Honestly, your clubs clear significant interest is most surprising but I suppose not many other clubs can take on the risk - particularly if there's been MORE events to trigger the move from Melbourne.

Maybe. We've met with other players before and it not got done.
The issue is the contract. For eg let's say he's owed 8.5 Mil BTW now and 2030. Geelong may say we will take you but we are paying 6mil Max.
Means that over the term he either has to restructure it and give up 2.5mil (if the afl would allow that) or melb pay 2.5mil.
I can't see Clayton wanting to give up cash and I'm not sure melb will tip in a lot.
The way Geelong have done contracts previously I find it unlikely they would take on his whole deal.
And I think that will be the reason it falls over.

But what the meeting tells you is he and Geelong are both keen and Melbourne are at least willing to look at it.

Why is every Geelong player either a property investor, farmer or Cotton-on ambassador? I think we all know the answer.

Because it's the only regional club in Vic. Pretty obvious choice if you want to live on a farm. It's a lifestyle thing for some of the guys who grew up in rural areas.

lol this whole thing bores me. No way this happens. Why would melbourne do this when we can wait until next year when clubs can offer 2 first round picks?

Another non story and mainstreamers getting caught up in trade radio lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. We've met with other players before and it not got done.
The issue is the contract. For eg let's say he's owed 8.5 Mil BTW now and 2030. Geelong may say we will take you but we are paying 6mil Max.
Means that over the term he either has to restructure it and give up 2.5mil (if the afl would allow that) or melb pay 2.5mil.
I can't see Clayton wanting to give up cash and I'm not sure melb will tip in a lot.
The way Geelong have done contracts previously I find it unlikely they would take on his whole deal.
And I think that will be the reason it falls over.

But what the meeting tells you is he and Geelong are both keen and Melbourne are at least willing to look at it.
I'm pretty sure Melbourne told him to go look, that's the narrative going around anyway.

This is going to be one of those ones where no one has a clue what the price will be. There's no firm market set on cap to draft pick conversion and even if there was, no one on BF will know what it is.

Will be a spicy thread though

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back