Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Make the Puzzies pay up.
Far too long they’ve held the CFL hostage.

About time teams start calling them and Mackie on their attitude!

You seem to have wandered away from the Tiggies board, are you aware of that?

Do you need help getting back?

Because its been 3 years since he was one of your best players. And he’s out of contract.

And as others have pointed out, its not practical - we don't have a top 10 pick.
Funny that... Pretty sure Pies don't currently have a 2024 first round pick for Houston either... But as any team (except Geelong seemingly) would have to do, they're working at getting a pick the team selling is wanting.

Geelong are the most arrogant club at the trade table bar none, have been for a long time. Already threatening the ND if a deal - aka Geelong not being allowed to ream the Dogs in the trade - cannot be struck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact they traded away their future first means they are not clearing out players like Oliver. They are looking to have a crack at heading back to finals and want the already made players.

Funny that... Pretty sure Pies don't currently have a 2024 first round pick for Houston either... But as any team (except Geelong seemingly) would have to do, they're working at getting a pick the team selling is wanting.
Yeah, because Dan Houston has another four years left on his contract, while Bailey Smith is out of contract and there's a decent chance he'd fall to p17 in the National Draft.

Geelong are the most arrogant club at the trade table bar none, have been for a long time. Already threatening the ND if a deal - aka Geelong not being allowed to ream the Dogs in the trade - cannot be struck.
I think we've moved up from pissed in cornflakes to shit on your pillow. Unhinged commentary these last couple weeks.

I think we've moved up from pissed in cornflakes to shit on your pillow. Unhinged commentary these last couple weeks.
Okaay Ok GIF by MOODMAN

Because its been 3 years since he was one of your best players. And he’s out of contract.

And as others have pointed out, its not practical - we don't have a top 10 pick.

Carlton didnt have 2 picks in the 1st round for Houston either. But now do.

Mackie is a star. Best in the biz. Surely he can do his magic and get the top 10 pick.

With Melbourne trading their future 1st surely that means they're going to hold Oliver.

I wonder if he tries to force his way out over the next few days or not.
What I see in my crystal ball is Clayton having a terrible next 12 months on and off the field, going on hiatus halfway through the year for what is claimed to be a mental health sabbatical, Melbourne try and shift him at the end of the year in a fire sale, and he falls through to Gold Coast for a future second, when he has two ordinary years before the parties agree to mutual termination of contract.

Carlton didnt have 2 picks in the 1st round for Houston either. But now do.

Mackie is a star. Best in the biz. Surely he can do his magic and get the top 10 pick.
A top 10 pick is a huge overpay though so why should he do it?

What I see in my crystal ball is Clayton having a terrible next 12 months on and off the field, going on hiatus halfway through the year for what is claimed to be a mental health sabbatical, Melbourne try and shift him at the end of the year in a fire sale, and he falls through to Gold Coast for a future second, when he has two ordinary years before the parties agree to mutual termination of contract.
To save him from this fate Oliver plus Pick 9 to Geelong stat. Phew 😮‍💨

Your whole schtick during trade period has been about not paying fair value.

1. A deal for Smith will eventuate. There will be an R1 and minor extras/swaps.

2. Oliver really only happens if Oliver himself or Melbourne force him out. Geelong made it clear a week ago a deal will only happen if it is in our favour because of the contract size and length. Melbourne have made it clear he's staying.

Both positions are reasonable and likely why nothing will occur by Wednesday night. Geelong won't pay a kings ransom to takeover a shockingly bad contract, and Melbourne won't part with their star for unders. Sometimes clubs can disagree on value and walk away, which likely happens here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back