Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL... they were out in the wild wild west when i lived there... short memories.
Loved and adored for a decade they were.
Now shamed or is it ashamed... is that what u are u saying??
I am sensing an overwhelming feeling of jealousy/envy.
U should see someone about that bud.
Anyways this convo is headed to the scrap heap.
Off to work. Enjoy the rest of this fabulous day.
Cheers.
Great, 20 years ago.

Your 2x premiership coach was an ice dealer.

So I wouldn't be going down that road if I were a Geelong supporter.

Great, 20 years ago.

Your 2x premiership coach was an ice dealer.

So I wouldn't be going down that road if I were a Geelong supporter.
Bahaha... As i said this convo has hit the end of the road.
Enjoy all the shenanigans of trade week. Don't let the hawks rip u a new one.
Be like us. Stand firm. Be brutal.
Cheers as i am outta here.

So Melbourne has so much leverage they can demand a heap in picks but has so little leverage they have to pay a chunk of salary? Yeah. Sure.
Of course they have leverage. They have the contract.

Not really that difficult to understand, I'd have thought.

Also, please point out where I said Geelong have to "Pay up big time", because I think you're confusing me with someone else.

Smells like Jack Steven, no thanks.
A much better player with the absolute worst contract in the league.

What if Jack Bowes had played the first half of his career like a brownlow medallist, then turned into Jack Steven, and was owed enough money to build one school in Africa every month for the next 6 years?

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

So if he's so toxic, why are Geelong entertaining bringing him in?

You're 'paying' for the 'privilege' of getting one of the best midfielders in the comp, in his prime.

I don't think you understand how his contract affects the trade at all.

A much better player with the absolute worst contract in the league.

What if Jack Bowes had played the first half of his career like a brownlow medallist, then turned into Jack Steven, and was owed enough money to build one school in Africa every month for the next 6 years?
Stats say he has been on the slide for two years, with the offield rumours added seems like too much even with a sweetener pick.

Ol' Steak Knives has been good, taken the most of his chance, just needed a look in.

I do. I said Melbourne will pay majority of salary but they're not facing a cap squeeze, so they ain't chucking in picks just for Geelong to 'mercifully' take him off their hands.
I think a lot depends on the reasons they're pushing him out though. We don't really know what those are for sure.

I expect anyone trading for him, and it's just as likely to be the Crows, just put the trade they're comfortable with down and says if you don't agree then keep him.

I think a lot depends on the reasons they're pushing him out though. We don't really know what those are for sure.

I expect anyone trading for him, and it's just as likely to be the Crows, just put the trade they're comfortable with down and says if you don't agree then keep him.
Well of course. I never said anyone would have to pay massive overs for him, as another Geelong support(who's now disappeared from this thread) attempted to call me out on.

I simply said a 2nd rounder wouldn't be enough.

Well of course. I never said anyone would have to pay massive overs for him, as another Geelong support(who's now disappeared from this thread) attempted to call me out on.

I think anything is possible on this one. No one knows the extent to Melbourne's current situation. We'll only know if certain bluffs are called.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I usually don’t agree with you but here I am. Some real shit takes in this thread.

Firstly Dees are farming him out than likely will be a few suitors, not just Geelong, each with different levels of interest and proposition.

Secondary there will need to be benefit for the Dees to agree to let him break his 6 year contract. As it isn’t cap space it will likely need to be collateral.

Thirdly Dees will likely offer to pay a chunk of the salary to support a genuine trade for picks or players.

Fourth, if there’s no benefits for the Dees to trade him out, they won’t. That means they won’t pay picks and his salary to move him on. They are better off keeping the picks and playing Oli down at Casey if worst case.

That’s if, and only if anything actually happens.

ironic cause the times this trade get brought up are from non geelong supporters having a cry. case in point.
Jack Bowes trade will forever be BigFooty.com folklore for the way it mindbroke waves of opposition supporters whose club had no involvement whatsoever in the trade.

Russell Robertson was on SEN today, and whilst he is just a face for the club with no real say or power his language made me think we are actually going through with it this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back