C: Smith - Oliver - Dempsey
HF: Miers - Cameron - Close
F: Stengle - Neale - O Henry
R: Stanley - Dangerfield - Atkins
I: Bowes - Blicavs - Mannagh - Humphries - Bruhn

E: Duncan - Conway - Mulin

Will be premiership favourites
Nah.

How does a club like Geelong have over 2 million spare in the cap? Would love to see their books
I hate Geelong but who are they paying? They should have cap space, none of them are large earners other than Cameron and maybe Stewart?

Cap goes up what another $2m? Should easily fit things in on paper

To move Oliver it will be painful for the Dees.

He simply is not worth the years or the dollars in his current contract .
I dunno, moving him at his lowest value would be utterly stupid I reckon

He was probably in line for a 4th AA until his injury mid last year

Effectively he has had 1 bad year in 9 years. Now that was a really ****ing bad year but giving him away for nothing would be stupid.

To move Oliver it will be painful for the Dees.

He simply is not worth the years or the dollars in his current contract .
Obviously not knowing the details, id assume if Geelong are taking a punt theres a reasonable chance that he can get back to close to his best.

If not worth 1.1-1.3mil per year, whats he worth? 900k? Perryman is on 850k remember.
What are Geelong going to pay? If theyre taking Oliver on and paying him the 900k for example then theyre not getting a salary dump, thats just trading normally for a 900k a year player, what Melbourne still pays is irrelevant

Hes a player worth what hes worth at that point, a normal trade. A top 10 pick id expect if I was Melbourne.
If Geelong paid the full 1.3mil then sure, get a discount, their pick 15 might do it in that case.

People take way too much stock of this salary dump stuff

I dunno, moving him at his lowest value would be utterly stupid I reckon

He was probably in line for a 4th AA until his injury mid last year

Effectively he has had 1 bad year in 9 years. Now that was a really ****ing bad year but giving him away for nothing would be stupid.

He is not going to get back to his best remaining at or in Melbourne. The guy needs a complete reset and to get away from the negative influences in his past life. If Geelong can support him to make the right the personal decisions he will be a player otherwise the guy remains a 'train wreck'.

He is not going to get back to his best remaining at or in Melbourne. The guy needs a complete reset and to get away from the negative influences in his past life. If Geelong can support him to make the right the personal decisions he will be a player otherwise the guy remains a 'train wreck'.
And what forces him to leave his house in Melbourne and move to Geeschlong? Nothing.

How does a club like Geelong have over 2 million spare in the cap? Would love to see their books
15 years this jealousy and ignorance has been travelling. I could have travelled around the world 8 times and came back to 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith and Oliver will be Hopper and Taranto 2.0. Both blokes can’t run defensively or have any accountability if there life were on the line.

Media will hype it up all summer only for one bloke to get injured and be unfit and the other to go off the rails.

Wonder which Geelong lad is happy to put up there couch for Oliver like Gawn has on countless times.

Smith and Oliver will be Hopper and Taranto 2.0. Both blokes can’t run defensively or have any accountability if there life were on the line.

Media will hype it up all summer only for one bloke to get injured and be unfit and the other to go off the rails.

Wonder which Geelong lad is happy to put up there couch for Oliver like Gawn has on countless times.
In his prime, Oliver was one of the best defensive midfielders in the league. He literally did a defensive job on Bont in the granny which went a long way to us winning the flag.

In his prime, Oliver was one of the best defensive midfielders in the league. He literally did a defensive job on Bont in the granny which went a long way to us winning the flag.
Bont had 25 and kicked 3 goals don't think that was why you won,

Clayton is overweight now and doesn't have the tank to do both

Surprised he hasn't considered going to West Coast Eagles, could have all free Hungry Jacks he wants up there.
We've had enough coked up deadshits for one lifetime thanks

You won because from about 10 mins to go in the 3rd you played flawless offensive football, our mids couldnt touch it and the Dees ran forward in waves.

If the game stopped when the Dogs were still in front, Bont wins the Norm Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back