Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s called being resolute. Enjoy working with your D grade midfield next year. A bloke coming off an ACL won’t make a big difference for you.

Should have just paid up instead of trying to get discounts everywhere you look.

Can’t buy a Ferrari with the cash for a Camry.
How old are you kid? Find someone to help you put your toys back in the cot.

Have fun heading back to the bottom 6 for the next decade. Absolute shambles of a club, scared of making the hard call and run by a bunch of blokes that are only about themselves.

How old are you kid? Find someone to help you put your toys back in the cot.

Have fun heading back to the bottom 6 for the next decade. Absolute shambles of a club, scared of making the hard call and run by a bunch of blokes that are only about themselves.

Isn’t holding him to his contract a hard call?

lol @ the melts as not being able to land a bloke they have chased for 12 months because they are too cheap to pay the price.

Maybe if you blokes were willing to actually pay a fair price for once you wouldn’t be left with egg on the face.

To think there were some Geelong supporters talking about pick 5 coming over with Clayton. 😂

Last edited:
I'm truly shocked Geelong isn't willing to make Oliver the highest paid player on their list and pay multiple first rounders for the privilege. Where were the clues that this might be their position?

The question now is whether Melbourne actually want to keep him or they're posturing. My guess is that keeping Oliver is completely untenable and they eventually accept Geelong's offer. Not certain though. Personally I hope Melbourne keep him cause I doubt he ever gets back close to his best.

View attachment 2130868

As expected, Cats can’t get the deal done.
I hope Melbourne stick it out, as what do they have to lose.

They either get bent over by Geelong, or back themselves that things can improve.
There is every chance that this moment, is the low point and things improve from here.

There is also a chance that things could get worse but I would rather go down on my terms, instead of being taken advantage of from Geelong.
Certainly something needs to change at Melbourne, just not sure it is the players.

This bloke seems to have a lot of intell of the inner workings of 18 clubs it seems. 😂

This coming from a bloke who supports a team who has chased Oliver for over 12 months.
Chasing in this case means asking the question every time Melbourne **** up and put one of their best assets on the market

Oh well, Melbourne don't like our price now, we just sit back and wait for the next **** up

Imagine bringing a bloke down to a players farm only to turn around and say

“We value you and really want you at the club but not willing to pay for you”l and can’t get a deal done.”

Bulldogs no doubt will see this and stick the heels in on Smith.
We already were anyway,

Despite them all thinking they have no skin in the game and nothing to lose they're fairly wrong

Melbourne wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the face.

Hilarious that they are again 'wrapping their arms' around Oliver.

They clearly want him gone, and this latest act is just another lame publicity stunt to try to force the Cats to pay more.

No one is buying it (just like everything else which comes out of there).

Not going to lie, I would rather Oliver stay at Melbourne than go to a contender like Geelong.

but geez Melbourne flip flops a lot, the talk was they "Pert" was shopping Oliver around.

It's not talk. He actively was calling clubs about him.

Just not Geelong cause they knew Geelong would only offer a shit deal. But Clarry's management obviously heard he was being shopped, called Melbourne's bluff and set up the "surprise" meeting with Geelong and Clarry wants to go there. Now the Dees have pissed off Clarry and the only trade option is getting bent over by Geelong.

I hope it doesn't happen. Even at low wage he's too big a risk for me. But the way Melbourne has been completely snookered by Geelong here is incredible.

Interesting to see Clayton's response to all of this.

Not sure how it would look to have Pert on stage announcing the club are being firm, shutting it down and will make Clayton 'fall in love with us again' when he's not in the room as he's declined to attend.

It’s called being resolute. Enjoy working with your D grade midfield next year. A bloke coming off an ACL won’t make a big difference for you.

Should have just paid up instead of trying to get discounts everywhere you look.

Can’t buy a Ferrari with the cash for a Camry.
You were resolute a year ago, then again two weeks ago. Your clubs resolution is to lose control of a situation and give out a panic response.

Enjoy walking this one back 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Imagine bringing a bloke down to a players farm only to turn around and say

“We value you and really want you at the club but not willing to pay for you”l and can’t get a deal done.”

Bulldogs no doubt will see this and stick the heels in on Smith.
Lol smith is uncontracted (doggies cant force him to stay) plus we are giving dogs more for smith.

Problem with oliver is not that we wouldnt pay fair trade value (we would of got a late future first rounder but he has a stupid contract that only an utter moron would give him.

Seems like Cats won't pay up on this one.

Nor should we, given Oliver's well documented issues and clear doubt about whether he'll ever get back to his best.

Many Geelong fans including me hold significant reservations about the prospect of trading for Oliver especially given his ludicrous contract. We are the ones exposed to all of the risk if he never recaptures his best form.

What do you think is a fair trade? This is not exactly paying for a Dangerfield or Cameron.

Geelong playing 4D chess with the Dees.

They offer Oliver a contract knowing full well that they can't get a trade done with the trade capital they have considering they'll spend it all on getting Bailey Smith in.

They then leave the Dees to pick up the mess.

Genius.

Seems like Cats won't pay up on this one.
It's kind of sad for Oliver. Like, the message to him is that they don't want him, but they don't want to lose a trade publicly, and so he's stuck at a club he knows doesn't want him there.

They talk about his playing achievements then want to swap him for a kid fresh out of high school. The trade that could help sort his life out and give him a fresh start doesn't get up because they want to pick an extra high school kid.

Geelong playing 4D chess with the Dees.

They offer Oliver a contract knowing full well that they can't get a trade done with the trade capital they have considering they'll spend it all on getting Bailey Smith in.

They then leave the Dees to pick up the mess.

Genius.
To be honest, it sounds like we're just not volunteering for the privilege of picking up a mess Melbourne created

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back