Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t holding him to his contract a hard call?

lol @ the melts as not being able to land a bloke they have chased for 12 months because they are too cheap to pay the price.

Maybe if you blokes were willing to actually pay a fair price for once you wouldn’t be left with egg on the face.

To think there were some Geelong supporters talking about pick 5 coming over with Clayton. 😂
Not sure too many cats fans are melting over this one mate. 50/50 we just dodged a ben cousins situation on a massive contract

Lot of anger from both side this morning. Can we at least all agree that neither Geelong nor the Dees want to pay 10 mill over 6 years for the current version of Clayton? Hence why no deal can ever happen as ultimately the only winner is going to be Clayton’s bank manager. The Dees tried to clear up salary cap space from a bad contract and get something decent for there investment l, fine no worries. Geelong tried to take advantage of a bad contract to get a very good player(at his best) for as little as possible, again who wouldn’t. Contract details ultimately couldn’t get a deal anywhere near done as the cats and dees were approaching it from different angles. Fine, it’s over, that’s business.

View attachment 2130868

As expected, Cats can’t get the deal done.

As expected Melbourne asked for a r1 for Clayton's contract and were laughed out of the room which was always going to happen. What were the idiots at Melbourne thinking they could get that?

We already were anyway,

Despite them all thinking they have no skin in the game and nothing to lose they're fairly wrong

The Bulldogs can do whatever they like but Smith is coming to Geelong.

As expected Melbourne asked for a r1 for Clayton's contract and were laughed out of the room which was always going to happen. What were the idiots at Melbourne thinking they could get that?
Any idea what was discussed in terms of paying Oliver? If that proposal included Melbourne paying a fair chunk of his salary then it doesn’t seem so bad.

Dees is going to be a happy place to be around next year.

They seriously need to clean out the decision makers.

Shit show.
We've been saying this for two years lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea what was discussed in terms of paying Oliver? If that proposal included Melbourne paying a fair chunk of his salary then it doesn’t seem so bad.
I think we would have tried to make that work if it was the case, reckon MFC thought they'd get close to a full return on Oliver. Oh well back to "well love Oliver here" & try again next year.

Melbourne have backed themselves into a corner on this one. Hilarious of them to think they’re going to get full value without paying any of his contract. Looks like Dees fans are just as delusional as the apparent teenagers running the show at Melbourne

Melbourne have backed themselves into a corner on this one. Hilarious of them to think they’re going to get full value without paying any of his contract. Looks like Dees fans are just as delusional as the apparent teenagers running the show at Melbourne
As opposed to your mob who thinks they're gonna get him for a packet of Twisties and have the Dees pay half his contract? 😂😂

There are dumpster fires and there is whatever the **** Melbourne are. The place needs a complete gutting and restart
Mmmmm…

Still rather be in the position Dees supporters are instead of crows and freo supporters

Atleast they’ve tasted a GF victory this century!

Mmmmm…

Still rather be in the position Dees supporters are instead of crows and freo supporters

Atleast they’ve tasted a GF victory this century!
I hate this argument. My statement is about the now. Yes, I would suffer a clib on fire for a few years if it meant getting a flag

As a Geelong supporter, given the financial and cultural risk of taking on Oliver, I would have accepted paying a current or future 2nd round pick with Melbourne picking up 200-300K of Oliver's salary.

Probably a long way from what Melbourne wanted, so happy to let them keep him if that isn't enough. I suspect that it won't work out well for Oliver at the MFC going into 2025 unfortunately...

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back