Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pump It Meme GIF by FullMag

A bit weird that Mackie “shut down” SDK trade speculation 6 days after discussions with Melbourne broke down innit. For all of Melbourne’s faults, at least we address issues by day 3 lol

SDK was testing the market as a pre-agent and had discussions with several clubs last month.

Sdk isn't a free agent until 2027.

You're making out as if giving up almost 3million dollars over a 5-6 years to live in some dump down in Barrabool is somehow a positive for Clarry?? Lmao Cats fans
Up there with thinking Cripps will ever win a 🏆 in Navy Blue 😉

He is owed 10 million over 6 years… how much are you genuinely willing to give up?
The lifestyle... the serenity...the beaches... the farm... the culture... the easy work life balance.
Priceless.
i guess money isn't everything to some.
GiddyUp!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clayton may take a paycut

But any notion of a “cotton on sponsorship” is nonsensical

Clayton could only market a shampoo commercial with his greasy mop

Clarry taking out a HECS debt to play for the Cats....

Cotton on bringing out a range of Ski Masks and Balaclava's.

The Clarry Collection by Cotton on for the facially challenged individual.

what are people suggesting, Clayton for Geelong's F1? I can't see it happening.

As you suggested yourself, if you're not on the hook for his salary, then an F1 is fair. I imagine that's the idea (which is what I suggested earlier and got shot down by some Carlton idiot). Dees can actually spin him taking a paycut in such a way that it looks good for them, rather than just caving in and paying salary and still taking unders...then keeping a player on the books who does not want to be there and is still rising with indexation every year...a clause I imagine would not be included in a new contract with us.

Remains to be seen if Clayton will go the next step and formally request a trade, which is the only way this actually goes anywhere. If Melbourne could come out and say next Wednesday 'we wanted to keep him, but we decided it was mutually best if we part ways, get a 1st rounder to really focus on the draft, and free up salary cap in the process' - then I think most will be able to cop that. It's only untenable if we're trading a Future 1st and you're still on the hook for him, which you might as well just keep him then.

Lot to play out still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back