Clinton Grybas Passes Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked with Clinton at Fox Footy Channel - I think everyone who worked there would agree he was the most diligent, hard working person they have seen.

White line fever Mon-Fri then radio on the weekend - commitment.

Had a future as the No.1 Sport Commentator is Aus - and with accuracy and wit.

Absolute shame.

And a bloody good bloke as well.

Edit - gonna listen to the 3AW call of the 2005 GF - he was brilliant, as he was in 2006.

I really can't add much to the thread based on what others have said. But i have to agree with this post.

The thing that will sorely be missed is his passion and commitment towards our great game. He was so knowledgable and took the time out to respond to fans like TheBrownDog (i think it was?) after shows had finished, which to me shows the true passion he had in just communicating with others who loved the game as well. Rather than treating it like a day to day job.

It is a shame to have lost someone who was so young, but yet up and coming in the AFL world. He was going places, there was no doubt about that. He would have been one of the best. But i guess it wasn't to be.

RIP

I really can not explain what I feel at the moment.

Only once had any contact with him, and it was via email during the WLF days. I emailed on the Sunday night after Caroline Wilson had tipped zero winners for the week and asked him to make sure that he did not miss the opportunity when she appeared on the show.

His reply was awesome. It came on the Monday and he said that mine was one of a few emails he had recieved and that he could not wait to hear her reply on air. Even his reply seemed excited, just like his calling.

Without a doubt the best in the business.

RIP

It's a mark of the man when you consider that I don't really remember anyone on here having a bad word to say about him, ever since he started at 3AW and at Fox Footy.

We love criticizing media personalities for pretty much any reason, but he is probably the only one which has earned almost universal praise around here, which is an achievement in itself.

Condolences to his family and his work colleagues, he will be greatly missed.

Like everyone I am shocked!!!

Thought he was the best caller in the game by far.

Got a mate who used to play basketball with him. He is absolutely shattered! Said he had a bit of heart trouble as a young bloke.

RIP Clinton

Cannot believe this. Not right, just not right at all. This guy...in a short time had already established himself as the top commentator in any sport in the country imo. And you know what makes it all the more tragic? He was poised to become the leading commentator in football for the next 30 years. Huge loss, my sincerest condolences go out to his friends and family. :(

I cannot imagine footy on TV without Clinton's commentary. It will be nearly impossible to find someone worthy of his position. Can't believe this. ****!!

RIP mate even though I never met you I felt like I knew you as when you were commentating you made it enteraining for myself and my family every weekend. Also i enjoyed listening to sports today on 3aw. People so young and hard working don't deserve this but unfortunately it does. You will be sadly missed:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible news, Australian sport has lost one of its true gentlemen.

In the age of ultra competitive sports media, money and sensationalism, Clinton shown through. A reminder that there are still people in the sporting landscape who do what they do with real passion, hunger and most importantly humanity.

He made the viewer feel intelligent, informed and always apart of the action. His ability to focus on the game and not get sidelined by a non issue, set him apart.

As a lover of all things sport I will miss him and his professionalism greatly.

My Condolences to all who knew him, and those like myself who loved his work.

I am absolutely stunned. It's just so sad.

He was the best. I always enjoyed listening to him on 3AW with Rex Hunt and enjoyed watching him on Fox Footy (White Line Fever) and Fox Sports last year as he was the Anchor on the AFL coverage on Foxtel.

He will be sadly missed
RIP Clinton Graybas

What terribly sad and tragic news. A huge loss for his family and friends, the AFL, Foxsports and all of us who enjoyed his commentary, hosting and analysis.

Words dont describe how i feel at the moment, spoke to him a couple of weeks ago in a restaurant and he came across as a great down to earth bloke who simply loved his sport.
Mad boxing fan, i remember him saying the green/mundine rematch would be the biggest fight in the country and how green would be victor this time. He was always up for a chat and talked to you like a mate, no giant ego.
Condolences to his family and girlfriend loretta. Terrible way to start the new year

As the chaser guys sang 'even tools turn into top blokes after death'

Not that i expected Grybas to be slammed on here,but i think it's an indication of how respected he was (including by me) that even the Big Footy ferals have been so respectful and touched by his death.... There is a lot of hatred directed at media personalities on this board, but it seems that Clinton managed to remain professional, while also being loved by the public and his co workers.... A tough thing to do at times.

Will be sadly missed by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back