Clinton Grybas Passes Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just doesn't make sense does it?

Australia has lost one of its most talented sports broadcasters at just 32 years of age - professional, respected, and a genuine enthusiasm for sports journalism.

I don't know Clinton personally and was never fortunate enough to meet him. What I do know is that he is an outstanding radio and television talent.

While the full details of Clinton's passing will become known in the coming days, it has at least made me think twice about whether I fully appreciate the fantastic friends and family I have around me. Our time on this planet is short - for some, tragically shorter than others.

Of course, young people die every day, but when someone as noted as Clinton passes away, it does bring it to the forefront of your mind.

What the hell am I doing still in the office working on a project long after dinner has been served at home?

Why have I not replied to that email from someone I am fortunate enough to have as a good friend?

Why do I keep making excuses for not catching up for a drink with that old mate from school?

Yes, I know I am rambling, at near on 3am on a Sunday morning.

However, there are always things which can stop us from enjoying the company of our loved ones and friends.

But life can be pretty f-d up sometimes. We can't predict when life is going to end.

RIP Clinton - football fans are missing you so much already.

Clinton.
I never met you, but I feel like I knew you.
Congratulations on such a brilliant and short career.
You were a wonderful talent and I enjoyed having a laugh with Poults!
The news that I heard when I got home today was awful.
You will have a great view of the G where you are now my friend.
RIP. We will miss you dearly.

Anybody who waits an hour in the searing heat to walk Caro home has my upmost respect.

You'll be missed Grybas.

Bad news indeed.

Does anyone know who Clinton supported in the footy?

Collingwood. Not that that matters.

Not once did I ever detect any bias shown to them when he commentated.

I think that's partially what made him so good.

I blame Foxtel for scrapping fox footy, seriously though he was awesome commentator & great talkback host, loved White Line Fever

This is a terrible shock and tragedy, and he had such a promising future. Hopefully the cause of what appears to be a sudden and unexpected death can be discovered to help other people in the future. Condolences to his friends, family and colleagues.

Sometimes the good ones retire young. Hurts to imagine the pain his family would be feeling and the entire footy world is in mourning.
Whilst i didnt know him sometimes u only need see or listen to a man to know he was also a good bloke.
We have lost a good man far too soon and a face that so many had rapidly learnt to respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The articles by Rohan Connolly and Caro Wilson were first class and really summed up the class of Clinton. Well done to both for writing such great articles in such a terrible time.

Footy will definitely have an air of sadness about it this year.
Condolences to his family and friends.

...it just won't be the same without you Clinton...

I just feel like I am taking this harder than I should considering I never met the man.

Is it because we are losing the best caller in our game?

Is it because he is only 32?

Is it because seeing this happen to someone who seemingly had it all is just a completely sobering thought?
It's because you are human.

I was a bit the same when news broke about David Hookes. Mainly because I saw him as a youngster for Australia, also because I had had the odd word to him on 3AW. And frankly, it hasn't been the same since he's gone (3AW). They're commentators. We don't know them, but they still appear as part of our lives, and if/when one dies, it's almost like a death in the family.

RIP Clinton

I just feel like I am taking this harder than I should considering I never met the man.

Is it because we are losing the best caller in our game?

Is it because he is only 32?

Is it because seeing this happen to someone who seemingly had it all is just a completely sobering thought?

I'm really rattled by this.
You pretty much summed up how most on here feel at the momment TBD.I never met Clinton but was always glad when it was known he would be commentating Richmond games.When i heard it on the news last night i couldnt believe it.
Here was a bloke who i never met but for some reason it felt like losing a member of the family.Perhaps this is what made Clinton so highly regarded.He made you feel being part of the "football" family.

R.I.P. Clinton

Collingwood. Not that that matters.

Not once did I ever detect any bias shown to them when he commentated.

I think that's partially what made him so good.

Exactly.

I read an interview where he mentioned that he loved it whenever somone asked him who he followed, because it showed he had no bias. :thumbsu:

Ask Clinton Grybas to call a game-any game, whether it was in AFL, VAFA,VFL, or country football-and he'd do it. It didn't matter how well he knew the players or the clubs in general, he'd call them as if he knew them all their lives. Not many commentators could do that.

**** man, just watching that gets me hungry for footy and is a further reminder of how good he was at his craft. Massive shoes to fill.

I was reading in the sun this morning that on his 10th birthday he recieved a voice recorder. He would put in a game of footy and put it on mute and he would record his commentary of the game. He did not get one name wrong according to his dad.

No wonder he got so good at it. R.I.P CLINTON.:(

I blame Foxtel for scrapping fox footy, seriously though he was awesome commentator & great talkback host, loved White Line Fever

?? Foxtel ??

It was solely Channel 7's doing. They hate Channel 9/Foxtel so they deliberately pretended they weren't going to sell games to Foxtel. (Even though they were always going to in the end...Channel 31? Give me a break.)

As a result, Fox Footy could not gaurantee peoples salaries and hence could not renew their contracts. That simple. Channel 7 succeeded in what they wanted to do which was bring down Fox Footy.

Let it also be known that thoughout the years they withheld all their footage and wouldn't let replays be shown on Fox Footy (even though they had no intention of showing them themselves). Channel 7 have done nothing but hold back the game for their personal profits and selfishness.

It's basically why everyone at the AFL hates Channel 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back