Clinton Grybas Passes Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
?? Foxtel ??

It was solely Channel 7's doing. They hate Channel 9/Foxtel so they deliberately pretended they weren't going to sell games to Foxtel. (Even though they were always going to in the end...Channel 31? Give me a break.)

As a result, Fox Footy could not gaurantee peoples salaries and hence could not renew their contracts. That simple. Channel 7 succeeded in what they wanted to do which was bring down Fox Footy.

Let it also be known that thoughout the years they withheld all their footage and wouldn't let replays be shown on Fox Footy (even though they had no intention of showing them themselves). Channel 7 have done nothing but hold back the game for their personal profits and selfishness.

It's basically why everyone at the AFL hates Channel 7.
Shouldn,t be on this thread however your wrong.Foxfooty was dead in the water in May of its last year when foxtel announced a 3rd sports channel.The only way Foxfooty was to survive if it got money from the AFL which under current rules was disallowed by fed Govt law.

Thoughts go out to the people that knew him, shared his life and loved him.

Some things we cannot control, the rain, sun, moon, and anothers life.

Sentiments echoed. Was stunned to hear it. It was like it didn't happen and he was still with us. Still find it hard to believe.

The world gets that little more poorer for it.:(

R.I.P

Nice video Lamaro_1998

thanks mate

The thing is Even though I never met the guy in my life

I felt like I knew him, it sounds funny but growing up an AFL fan and growing up with fox footy in lounge room.

he felt like he was a close friend or family member

back from the ages of 14 to 18, Even when I was ment to be studying my school work, my teacher was Clinton and fox footy. lol :D

I have always said the best times of my life were growing up watching Fox Footy and Clinton. I never missed White Line fever back in the Day

Good Luck mate and RIP

This thread is a testament to the respect this man had from all footy fans. There has not been one ill word said about him. He was the true embodiment of what football means to all of us and he will never be forgotten.

I am so shocked. He was my favourite sports presenter the way he was UN biased and no bs appraoch was perfect. I have no doubt at 32 he would have become one of the all time great australian broadcasters in his time. This is an absolute tradegy. And a reminder to us all that death can happen anytime even if your fit happy and a very motivated person.

doesnt make sense.

terrible news. i first seen Clinton hosting the NBL for the ABC in 1999/2000. he did a great job with basketball for the ABC until they lost the FTA rights. He made the Fox Footy Channel a success with his knowledge & style. in a world dominated by dumb as$ ex-players, this young man with no AFL background came in and got everyone's respect with his preparation & knowledge. No one in sports journalism who is a non ex-player has been able to do what Clinton did - and at such a young age. He will be sorely missed.

Great articles by Caro and RC.

Hard to remember that for all the people who knew Clinton only through his voice and his work, there's a hell of a lot of people who knew the man - from his family and friends to his colleagues. As sad as I am that his voice has been silenced, there's family out there who've lost a son, a brother and a partner and they'll miss him, not when they turn on the radio and tv and see that he's not there, but when they look at his pictures or have a meal, or wake up in the morning and realise that he's not there.

Condolences to his family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe that I can add anything else to what has already been said.

Clinton Grybas - A Class Act that we will not see the like of again.

I'd love to hear the Sydney 2000 Womens' Waterpolo Final if anyone can find a copy.

Here's a great tribute from 3AW:

http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/mediaplayer.aspx?t=audio&w=5654
thanks for that Daics....Have just listened to Clinton calling the last moments of the GF between Brisbane + Collingwood 2002! Had never actually heard it, as I was at the game....I had tears, goosebumps, the lot!!......The emotion that he put into the call, hearing us win again and the sadness knowing that he is gone....all a bit much to take in, even after 24hrs...:(

RIP Clinton,

My sympathies to Laurenna and his family. Have known Clinton for many years through his initial involvement in the Eastern Football Show on Eastern FM many years ago and to this day where he willingly gave his valuable time to attending a number of football fundraisers for local football clubs.

Always the consumate professional but always had time for everyone - Clinton will certainly be missed.

An absolute tragedy.

Clinton had an aura about him, his commentary was so stylish and unique that he made people listen. He is going to be a huge loss. My sympathies go to the family.

Just a query was clinton the voice over guy for ICC cricket world on ESPN?

i still can't beleive he's gone.
I was just thinking the same thing. I saw the thread title amongst my subscribed threads and just shook my head. Can't believe it.

I mean, with people like Anna Nicole Smith and Steve Irwin, no offense intended to anyone, but you almost anticipate the headline all the time. But this guy, you had no reason to think he wouldnt be around for another 40 years at least.

Terrbile news... as a kid all i ever wanted to be was a commentator... and Clinton was a huge inspiration to me as i'm sure he is to lots of people.. will be missed..

Rest In Peace Clinton...

Condolences to The Grybas Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back