Clinton Grybas Passes Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not believe it when i heard yesterday evening.

Tragic Tragic news.

Not just a loss for the footy world but to sport in general. My favourite caller. You will be dearly missed.

RIP.:(

Wanted to log in and pay my respects to a wonderful commentator..

Instantly likeable and a true professional who will be sorely missed watching sporting coverage..:(

This is a fantastic thread that should be sent to 3aw/FoxFooty managment so that they can forward onto the family.

RIP Clinton

Far and away my favourite broadcaster over the last few years. He was a joy to listen to and my sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends.

Still in shock after hearing this yesterday. Terrible terrible news.

In my opinion there has been no one better at covering such a wide range of sports. He could do anything. Sorely missed.

Still in shock after hearing this yesterday. Terrible terrible news.

In my opinion there has been no one better at covering such a wide range of sports. He could do anything. Sorely missed.

AFL
Boxing
Basketball
Tennis
Olympics
Motor-racing

Anything else? He wasn't one of those boring commentators that just kept talking without any sense. He knew what he was talking about.

Rumuours are that he may have fallen over while sleepwalking. If that's true, then that is a sad way to die. Especially considering he couldn't help it. :(

In a way if he was sleeping then maybe he didnt feel anything which would be the best way to go.

*Not being stupid *

AFL
Boxing
Basketball
Tennis
Olympics
Motor-racing

Anything else? He wasn't one of those boring commentators that just kept talking without any sense. He knew what he was talking about.

Throw in Cricket and i think i read some where even Horse Racing

AFL
Boxing
Basketball
Tennis
Olympics
Motor-racing

yeah he did the poker as well. :( I miss him already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did he do cricket? How exciting would it be listening to a cricket match with him! Especially in a tense match. He made you feel tense with his voice in a close match.

I think he did cricket in his earlier days with ABC, not 100% sure though.

The best commentator in football.

I will miss the voice of Clinton on the radio, calling our wonderful game.
He was more than a commentator, he came across as a buddy who we loved to listen and laugh with.

R.I.P Clinton this house will miss u.

AFL
Boxing
Basketball
Tennis
Olympics
Motor-racing

From his 2000 Olympics ABC profile
http://www.abc.net.au/olympics/2000/coverage/commentators/s151062.htm

Clinton Grybas has been a part of the ABC Sport team since 1996. He joined ABC radio in Melbourne, broadcasting AFL and has since covered some 15 sports for ABC radio and television. In 1998 he was a member of ABC Radio's Commonwealth Games team in Kuala Lumpur, broadcasting
diving,
cricket and
ten-pin bowling

as well as providing interviews from the team village. He has also broadcast from major events such as the;
World Swimming Championships,
the World Triathlon Championships and
the Whitbread Round-The-World yacht race.

A keen and passionate fan of the game, Clinton has become recognisable as the TV voice of basketball over the last three years of ABC's coverage of the NBL and WNBL.

Clinton's affinity with water polo began at the World Swimming Championships in Perth in 1998. There he broadcast some exciting finals matches with the Australians turning in one of their best international performances with home pool advantage. There's every reason to believe those efforts could be exceeded at the Games................

He also did a great job calling athletics at the Commonwealth Games in 2006 with Bruce for 3AW. He was brilliant. He matched Bruce, and from this athletics fan that's a big effort.

Clinton, a young man who dedicated most of his waking hours in his short life to being a sportscaster. His boyhood aspirations came to fruition. He did his family, his profession and himself proud.

An emerging star has faded so prematurely.

Clinton's passing is an absolute tragedy. He was the best sports broadcaster in the country and had such a bright future ahead of him. He had such a polished delivery and was always bursting with energy without going over the top.

As a budding sports journalist he was my greatest inspiration and even going to work this morning, I felt a little empty. I will forever hold on to the invaluable advice he gave me some years ago via email, but what I would've given to meet him in person.

My deepest condolences go to his family at this difficult time. Rest in peace Clinton.

Top commentator who will be missed by all Football followers, did not have pay but loved his work on 3AW. Thought he was one of the premier up and coming commentators in the country. Will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back