Roast Club Propaganda & Media Censoring

Remove this Banner Ad

“We understand that what’s needed is action, not just words”

They just love the “we understand” line don’t they
"We understand that what's needed is action, not just words. That's why I've decided to write you all a letter instead of sacking the coach."

Where have Rucci's twice weekly puff pieces been since the Hawthorn game? I haven't seen them on the Port website.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brilliant. He was obviously holding out for a win that didn’t happen. Didnt write anything because you can't polish a turd.
Maybe he can write a piece on the horrid, abusive port supporters, and then send it out to the same port supporters.

Where have Rucci's twice weekly puff pieces been since the Hawthorn game? I haven't seen them on the Port website.

Sorry he is still doing them.

Friday night.

Today

Friday night.

Today

Oops. Missed them. Football is doing my head in!

Friday night.

Today

He says a lot about nothing. Just like on radio: “what I’ll be intrigued by…..”

"We understand that what's needed is action, not just words. That's why I've decided to write you all a letter instead of sacking the coach."

I’m not a fan of “engagement” for the sake of it, I get enough bloody spam as it is, but I’d be more than happy receiving a letter if it contained a hard deadline for all this madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion... I get it we want old mate gone and that the club makes mistakes, sheesh i've got stuck into them myself but here's the thing.

The 2 for 1 offer can be scoffed at and seen as desperate but it's all pretty sad that it's got to this. I'm as conflated as most but there's a limit to

how much I want to kick the shite out of a club I barrack for. It breaks my heart that my loathing of Ken is turning me into something I don't want to be.

Pick up your richly deserved prize of longest coach without a cup after round whatever and before year's end, think of others for once and resign.

Koch this is all on you. The time to see things for what they are and were was years ago.

You blinked at Kenny's place in '17 now your feeding us an omelette made from rotten eggs.

The media isn't 'censoring' any of the criticism towards Ken, as its clear that many journo's are now acknowledging the restlessness amongst fans.

With that said, if they're not 'censoring' the criticisms than they're most certainly trying to downplay the severity of them. It wouldn't even surprise me if this is at the clubs wish. They clearly want the major media outlets to retain optimism at Ports so they can get the most gullible of fans watching the shows and podcasts to keep attending games in spite of all the alarming issues.

Eventually this strategy will also be redundant though, as an 0 - 5 start would likely see most fans tune out completely, and by the WCE game in round 6, they'll have to find new ways to market gameday tickets for what will surely be a very empty Adelaide Oval at that stage. The media was able to disguise this in 2019, thanks to the other coaches who were also under the heat at the time. Nowadays though, and 10 years into the same tenure, no amount of NTUA, Prison Bars or media journalists sucking the coach off will be able to get fans to turd around.

It's been said a thousand times before, but eventually, the club will have to make a call between their precious coaching tenure, or thousands upon thousands of fans actually attending their games.

The media isn't 'censoring' any of the criticism towards Ken, as its clear that many journo's are now acknowledging the restlessness amongst fans.

With that said, if they're not 'censoring' the criticisms than they're most certainly trying to downplay the severity of them. It wouldn't even surprise me if this is at the clubs wish. They clearly want the major media outlets to retain optimism at Ports so they can get the most gullible of fans watching the shows and podcasts to keep attending games in spite of all the alarming issues.

Eventually this strategy will also be redundant though, as an 0 - 5 start would likely see most fans tune out completely, and by the WCE game in round 6, they'll have to find new ways to market gameday tickets for what will surely be a very empty Adelaide Oval at that stage. The media was able to disguise this in 2019, thanks to the other coaches who were also under the heat at the time. Nowadays though, and 10 years into the same tenure, no amount of NTUA, Prison Bars or media journalists sucking the coach off will be able to get fans to turd around.

It's been said a thousand times before, but eventually, the club will have to make a call between their precious coaching tenure, or thousands upon thousands of fans actually attending their games.

They'd pack the place on a Sunday twilight if they marketed the round "Hinkley's Hiatus"

Becoming like the Corporation now :'(

We reached the corporate stage ten years ago when the AFL and SANFL started to decide who ran our Club. Our Board is full of people with corporate experience but no football background. These people make decisions based on public image and PR rather than on field success.

When we started the AFL journey we were a genuine football club albeit under the eye of the SANFL. We had a Board that was composed of Port people including the nucleus of those who got us to the AFL. Now we are little different from the mob down the road and about the only thing that distinguishes us from them is our history and tradition and there are 'outsiders' in the Club who show scant regard for that. We need look no further than the Co Captaincy fiasco couple of years back to see evidence of that.

We reached the corporate stage ten years ago when the AFL and SANFL started to decide who ran our Club. Our Board is full of people with corporate experience but no football background. These people make decisions based on public image and PR rather than on field success.

When we started the AFL journey we were a genuine football club albeit under the eye of the SANFL. We had a Board that was composed of Port people including the nucleus of those who got us to the AFL. Now we are little different from the mob down the road and about the only thing that distinguishes us from them is our history and tradition and there are 'outsiders' in the Club who show scant regard for that. We need look no further than the Co Captaincy fiasco couple of years back to see evidence of that.
I swear before the season had even begun they using this method on supporters with player injuries. Dixon will be right for round one and all the other bullshit we were fed.

I was talking to a friend and he was of the same opinion that they purposely down played some of the injuries and gave an earlier return time, so that members that hadn't rejoined and possible new members would get on board.

Vic's love ken because he's a Victorian lad and they don't want non Vic's to win flags.

The S.A media is full of crows who love ken because he stops us winning flags and then the port people need hinkley for the jobs .

This along with the afl controlling our board its really really hard for me to have any hope
They have the same love for anything that is half decent that comes out of Vic like Boak and Wines.

I swear before the season had even begun they using this method on supporters with player injuries. Dixon will be right for round one and all the other bullshit we were fed.

I was talking to a friend and he was of the same opinion that they purposely down played some of the injuries and gave an earlier return time, so that members that hadn't rejoined and possible new members would get on board.

They have been doing it for years. Ross FC and I have a private joke about the 2 weeks time frame that often features in the official Club injury updates. Some of these 'two week' injuries last two months or even longer. It is as if they do not want to share the hard truth with supporters.

NTUA before home games is now a massive joke, when you have people within the club tearing the heart and soul out of one of the best sporting clubs in Australia.
Why would a club want to alienate it's most loyal fans, not bandwagoners loyal real Port fans.
The so called care takers of our club are creating divisions in the fan base.
I fear we are imploding as a footy club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Club Propaganda & Media Censoring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back