Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I loath the Cornes segment on the 7 news but have unfortunately caught a few mins of it in the past few weeks, what I love is the disrespect he genuinely shows for us. Has a bit of 1990 about it; after an in depth breakdown of the Crows match “And Port you won, you were ok, but you’re lucky to be second. You’re not that good, but is a weird season, maybe you will steal one”
After the showdown whinge and in-depth look at how the Crows lost, they were good but unlucky.

This state is so stuck in 1978, how this bloke is relevant in 2024 is so strange. He isn’t Adelaide answer to Lou Richards. Make like Anne Wills or whatever her name was, you’re a C Grade celebrity get off our screens.
GC never learns that a champion team will often beat a team of champions. Didn’t learn his lesson in 88 & 90.

Richmond didn't have a team full of stars when they won their 3 GFs. They had 6 elite players and the rest were hard workers.

I loath the Cornes
He isn’t Adelaide answer to Lou Richards.

Well he kind of is. He's a campaigner. He's just not a dead campaigner.

I believe
What I think will happen is
I understand Christian's thinking is
According to sources

Magic 8 Ball GIF by Jim Gaffigan

For want of nothing better to do I listened to this podcast today, interested to hear their thoughts on "How will the AFL address fixture unfairness for 2025?" as much as the other dramas going on atm. Well lo and behold the host Aaron Bryans immediately latched onto that utter nonsense that surfaced on afl.com this week about Port having the easiest draw (and Crows the hardest).

Bryans is part of the ABC's SA footy commentary team, and one of the reasons I watch the footy in silence these days - he is a dead set Crow fanboi! I flicked the radio on to their call at the end of the Port - Freo game and all they could talk about was Carlton, Carlton, Carlton. The other reasons to flick them of course include Kelli U and the senile old curmudgeon Mick Maltshake.

Oh, and they didn't offer any solutions to Ports having the easiest draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For want of nothing better to do I listened to this podcast today, interested to hear their thoughts on "How will the AFL address fixture unfairness for 2025?" as much as the other dramas going on atm. Well lo and behold the host Aaron Bryans immediately latched onto that utter nonsense that surfaced on afl.com this week about Port having the easiest draw (and Crows the hardest).

And even if, for the sake of argument, it is true.

I didn’t hear anyone crying too many tears for Port or calling for fixture reform after the absolute meat grinder that was the start of the 2015 draw coming off the 2014 finals series.

14R23: Fremantle [a]
14REF: Richmond [h]
14RSF: Fremantle [a]
14RPF: Hawthorn [a]
15R01: Fremantle [a]
15R02: Sydney [h]
15R03: North [a]
15R04: Hawthorn [h]
15R05: Showdown [a]

Give’em a third trip to Perth in five matchweeks — remembering we started the 2013 (@ Melb) and 2014 (@ Carl) seasons away also — sure, why not!

The media can get ****ed. Dan Houston says he is staying put at Alberton. I will believe Dan and not the unfounded garbage put about in the Victorian and local media. ****ing Victorians assume that if a bloke is a good player and born in Victoria he will want to go back to Victoria.

I suspect that this unfounded 'Houston wants out' rumour started on SEN or Foxtel and was based on what some dickhead wanted to happen rather than fact.

The media can get stuffed and thanks for your support Dan, you are a legend!

The Brow™ appears to be losing his mind:

View attachment 2097915

And yet professional PAFC-hater Rob Lucas gleefully putting a torpedo in the Port Dock railway line — mid-project! — as one of the final acts of his dismal 40 years suckling at the taxpayer teat, went by largely unnoticed.

I have to say this is a repeat complaint of mine but the national media having no broad knowledge of teams outside of SA, is disgracefully ameteur.

Doing a lot of driving yesterday in the country I listened to 891 foot analysis of the finals with Nathan Bourke and Jake Niall.

Port Geelong was give which seemed 5 minutes compare to other games. Niall expressed concerns of our defence even though we rank 1 over last 9 weeks.

They couldn’t even name players and were lacking a suggestion of a mobile player to sit on Cameron.

It is disgraceful.

Cornes and KG in the mornings ain’t much better, they were complaining to a caller they did talk about Port at the start of the show, which was complaining about Koch knocking SANFL.
Cornes continued themse to gaslight rewriting out history to suit his own narrative is nauseating

If Graham Cornes' name stunk to high heaven among the Port faithful it will be even worse after his article in this morning's press. Cornes lets David Koch have it with both barrels. I cannot agree with Kochie in many things bit this time around he is right and Cornes, as usual, has it all wrong.

It is not as if Cornes brings any new facts to the table. He dishes up the same tired old anti Port clap trap.

Last edited:
I have to say this is a repeat complaint of mine but the national media having no broad knowledge of teams outside of SA, is disgracefully ameteur.

Doing a lot of driving yesterday in the country I listened to 891 foot analysis of the finals with Nathan Bourke and Jake Niall.

Port Geelong was give which seemed 5 minutes compare to other games. Niall expressed concerns of our defence even though we rank 1 over last 9 weeks.

They couldn’t even name players and were lacking a suggestion of a mobile player to sit on Cameron.

It is disgraceful.

Cornes and KG in the mornings ain’t much better, they were complaining to a caller they did talk about Port at the start of the show, which was complaining about Koch knocking SANFL.
Cornes continued themse to gaslight rewriting out history to suit his own narrative is nauseating

I'm so tired of hearing how Bulldogs and Hawthorn are the two form teams over the past few weeks.

We've won 6 in a row, all against quality opposition and before our last loss belted the Bulldogs.

If Graham Cornes' name stunk to high heaven among the Port faithful it will be even worse after his article in this morning's press. Cornes lets David Koch have it with both barrels. I cannot agree with Kochie in many things bit this time around he is right and Cornes, as usual, has it all wrong.

The cardinal sin of criticising the sanfl

It is disgraceful.

Honestly if you listen to KG and Cornesy you get what you deserve.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back