Coach, Injuries or losing culture

Remove this Banner Ad

panthers said:
My opinion is this : leave Grant Thomas alone and look in your own backyard at your coach :)
Amusing how people with probably no coaching experiance on here, and definately no AFL coaching experience want to hang Thomas for the year you had, seems odd to me.

I all honesty, if the saints had the same run with injures as, say the Crows this year, I think you would have been well placed to get some silver wear this weekend. Has anyone actually calculated how many weeks worth of games first choice players at the Saints missed this year? I would guess the figure would be fairly large.

There was something in one of the papers about it but I don't remember which one.
I think Hamill and Riewoldt played together twice this year.

Heres a few players and how many games they missed:

Xavier Clark--------15
Penny--------------15
Hamill--------------12
Kosi----------------11
Reiwoldt------------9
Harvey-------------7

There are more but they are the main ones... We had the second most injuries in the comp behind collingwood.

davieblaze said:
Heres a few players and how many games they missed:

Xavier Clark--------15
Penny--------------15
Hamill--------------12
Kosi----------------11
Reiwoldt------------9
Harvey-------------7

There are more but they are the main ones... We had the second most injuries in the comp behind collingwood.

Who's fault was that for all the recurring soft tissue injuries - YOURS thanks to Training Services. Poor health management.

dA Crow said:
Amusing how people with probably no coaching experiance on here, and definately no AFL coaching experience want to hang Thomas for the year you had, seems odd to me.

I all honesty, if the saints had the same run with injures as, say the Crows this year, I think you would have been well placed to get some silver wear this weekend. Has anyone actually calculated how many weeks worth of games first choice players at the Saints missed this year? I would guess the figure would be fairly large.

Thank you dA Crow Finally a decent post by a non-sainter. I just shake my head and laugh at all the experts that come in here and just bag our(saints) club and players and coach. Just a question to the terry tans , dav123s and dellas that do come into here, Do saints ppl go into your forums and troll like you ppl do? I am serious I would like an answer thanx

Terry Tan said:
Who's fault was that for all the recurring soft tissue injuries - YOURS thanks to Training Services. Poor health management.

Terry no Saint supporter is putting up injuries as an excuse. We got beaten fairly and squarely last friday Night but guess what terry even with our injuries we finished equal 3rd with Adelaide, Where again did Richmond finish???? Oh and you have GODS gift to Coaches as well Dont you???

Terry Tan said:
Unlucky???! What a load of crap. You can't be unlucky for over 100 years - you're just plain hopeless.

You're lucky you've got all those priority picks and got a star studded list of players the envy of other clubs - Ball, Hayes, Riewoldt, Kosi, Dal Santo. Pity the coach has absolutely no idea on how to use them properly. You'll never win a flag with GT.

Injuries - you can blame Training Services for all the soft tissue injuries. As for Kosi, I think he's a terrific player, unfortunately injury prone. I hope he can overcome them.

Get yourself some proper medicos and a proper coach.

And as for the Richmond spitter - that hack Danny Frawley deserved it. I'd laugh myself silly if he became the Saints next coach :p
The day you guys win a flag under Terry Wallace is the day the world ends :D Never gonna happen. Look to your own backyard :eek:

COOL-A-ROO said:
You guys are pathetic.
This from crapola that gets a million every year in handouts to stay in the competition. What a disgrace :thumbsdown: Anyone remember Ron Joseph and the cash in boots of cars :D Let's face it Wayne Carey is all you ever had :p Weed out the handouts

Terry Tan said:
Agreed, and since its the end of the year i hope to god that the training services at our club will be seriously looked at over the off-season...
Having that list of key players out for that many games would make it harder for any team. All clubs will get injuries, but having said that the ammount of soft tissue injuries weve had this year is rediculous. Id be massively supprised if something wasn't done for next season.

The two things i think the saints need for next season is an upgrade in the training services dept, and another ruckman.

How far would you guys have beaten the eagles today, really even my Boys the cats if we had fd made it, geez both our clubs really let slip the flag this year as the eagles r a good even side but just don't kick enough goals and don't perfom to thee best in Melb, it was hard watching ydays game and thinking what might of been

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach, Injuries or losing culture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back