Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hird's inability to pick a balanced team is a major concern.

I'm not looking forward to having all of Hocking, Myers & Melksham available for selection. Not because they may not deserve a game, but rather who Hird will replace them with.

Hocking & Myers I'm looking forward to..... Melksham, well we've all had a gut-full

Haha that's not a bad idea actually
Firstly todays game was not good viewing indeed, especially with dirty Crameri kicking goals. But we are not Richmond and disappointed that we are potting our coach and players. I am prepared to give everyone a pass in lieu of the ASADA rubbish and our injuries...missing our best 3 inside players for most of the year and our full back.. By the way I don't post very often, but wanted to flag support for Hird. Support them in 2015 and we fire in 2016.

Firstly todays game was not good viewing indeed, especially with dirty Crameri kicking goals. But we are not Richmond and disappointed that we are potting our coach and players. I am prepared to give everyone a pass in lieu of the ASADA rubbish and our injuries...missing our best 3 inside players for most of the year and our full back.. By the way I don't post very often, but wanted to flag support for Hird. Support them in 2015 and we fire in 2016.

I have a rock that keeps tigers away, you can have it for $50.

A couple if things that have really dropped off this year and I think they are a reflection on the coach.
Decision making - it's horrendous from most players at the moment. I put this down to confusion over gameplan and lack of confidence, both which I think reflect poorly on the coach.
Discipline - non existent. We give away so many unnecessary frees that almost always result in goals. The players are frustrated but you can't cop that week in week out.

I respect your opinion mate and I do see your point of view.

For me personally, I find it to be a cop out when the fans fork out money for memberships, games and donations towards the flight plan yet have to endure lack of progress and off field dramas.

I love the players (with exception to 1) and I'd back em in all the way. It's our corporate strategy and gameday tactics which aren't at an acceptable level for me.

Hird had one thing in 2013 that he doesn't have this year. The players played for him. He seems to have lost that. So many players went backwards this year and really look disinterested.

How different our side is compared to 2013, and even last year too. The saga well and truly destroyed the list. Everyone involved in the saga should be moved on when it finishes, including Hird. Make the right list management and start again. Write 2016 off as well. Realistically, 2017/2018 will be the year we can challenge for finals again, so build for the future.

Need to nail the draft as well. For those still clinging on to Hird, we know how good of a player he was. We desperately want him to be the person to lead us to the next premiership, but it just isn't that way. Sadly, we really need to part ways and start fresh.

Doubt we'll have coaches banging down our doors to coach in 2016.
Yep. Carlton and Adelaide will no doubt have first access to coaches. We'll have to wait for whatever is left and pick the best. It is also unhandy that Carlton and Adelaide have had the second half of the year to negotiate with coaches. Really keeps our hands tied. Still think that it is best to move on as there are more than two good candidates available.

Yep. Carlton and Adelaide will no doubt have first access to coaches. We'll have to wait for whatever is left and pick the best. It is also unhandy that Carlton and Adelaide have had the second half of the year to negotiate with coaches. Really keeps our hands tied. Still think that it is best to move on as there are more than two good candidates available.

I'll say it again - Will coaches want to accept a job for 2016 with the WADA stuff ? I doubt it !

It will be a different story in 2017 - As long as Hird continues along the development path for the next 27 games all will be well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it again - Will coaches want to accept a job for 2016 with the WADA stuff ? I doubt it !

It will be a different story in 2017 - As long as Hird continues along the development path for the next 27 games all will be well.
I think that it is possible considering there would be no expectations on that coach. It is likely to finish at the end of the year.

Part of the development path is knowing how to develop players, something I believe we have struggled with for a while now. Kids still need to be developed into AFL players rather than just given games.

The club needs to put their pride aside and do something about him. I am a 16 year member, became a member when I was 9 when my grandpa signed me up, but been a full active member since 2005, missed probably only Saturday arvo games due to playing my own footy.

The guy cant coach, our best year since he was the headcoach was last season. We made finals but we were " kicked " out. We played an attacking brand of footy, we lost one player since last year that is in our best 22. We cannot use injuries as an excuse anymore. Our list is so full of young kids, a lot of very talented kids. If we do not get rid of him now, we are going to go nowhere. We get a new coach in with this young talented list we have we can play finals in 2-3 years. Look at Richmond, thats a perfect example of where we can go.

Please do something, I love this club and everything about it but I cannot stand watching us play. I will continue to go to games because I will forever barrack for this club and support it through the good and the bad times. These bad times are hurting but when the good times come round we are going to savour them.

Give Chappy and Fletcher farewell games against Collingwood and Richmond.
Play Edwards every round next season.
Give regular games to Fantasia and Kavanagh, and rotate Long, Aylett and Mckenna in the side.
Delist Winderlich, Steinberg, Pears, Melksham, Hams and Ambrose.

Give Chappy and Fletcher farewell games against Collingwood and Richmond.
Play Edwards every round next season.
Give regular games to Fantasia and Kavanagh, and rotate Long, Aylett and Mckenna in the side.
Delist Winderlich, Steinberg, Pears, Melksham, Hams and Ambrose.

I dunno, I couldn't give a stuff about Chapman, personally.

hysteria.jpg

Apparently Xavier Campbell made the below comments on radio. Did anyone hear this interview? WTF is he on about with the bolded part??

“James is contracted next year and James will coach the club next year. 100 per cent. I can’t see anything else changing between now and then,’’ he told 3AW.

“I appreciate there is a school of thought around extending (his contract) but we will set relevant KPIs for James like we do for other football staff and we will go from there.

Meh

It was his retirement job, we pay him heaps, we owe him nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back