memberforever

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
FFC
There are several coaches coming out of contract and Richmond are in a good position to start sounding them out. Which coach would suit Richmond the best? Should they go for experience or an untried assistant.

My View is they should make a play for Mark Williams, one of the best AFL coaches going around. Mark really knows how to make a list work and is a great coach of young players, just what Richmond need.

Malthouse to Richmond...Tigers old boy returning to lift them from the mire,
Choko williams to Collingwood, Port need the cash savings and he MIGHT be able to lift collingwood from this constant underperformance of the last few years
Damien Hardwick to Port, he is cheap, knows the players.
Plough back to the Solarium by end June
most likely the assistants will take over till the end of the season

i reckon Sheeds as caretaker for the rest of the season, but must be told he is no chance to keep the job

Then any one of Hardwick, Hinkley or Longmire

Still think the Tiges have some good kids, wouldnt take too long to turn around there fortunes with some astute list management and a decent game plan

There are several coaches coming out of contract and Richmond are in a good position to start sounding them out. Which coach would suit Richmond the best? Should they go for experience or an untried assistant.

My View is they should make a play for Mark Williams, one of the best AFL coaches going around. Mark really knows how to make a list work and is a great coach of young players, just what Richmond need.

Agree :thumbsu:
Don't want an angry ageing Malthouse. He takes the long avenue to goal too

Gus Hiddink!!! The man works miracles. We need one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choko williams to Collingwood, Port need the cash savings and he MIGHT be able to lift collingwood from this constant underperformance of the last few years

Don't think he ever left

Brian Goorjian, best coach in Australia! :thumbsu:

From one basketball tactics coach to another... yep Richmond are going places :p

Why not trial any of the news journalists or keyboard warriors on various forums to fill in round by round. I'd love to see them put their money where their mouth's are - and put up with the same kind of harassment Wallace has endured.

any suggestions of 'Sheeds' is ludicrous, and i think it wouldn't really affect Richmond's next 5 years, coz they're ****ED!

I feel sorry for them i do, coz as a Blues supporter i know how bad several years on the wrong end of the ladder feel.. but your club has to do it, and do it properly.. Melbourne will be good again soon.. maybe 4 years from now... but Richmond.. its hard to say

What's that saying - better the devil you know than the devil you don't?
In my opinion, the sooner Richmond get rid of Wallace, the sooner they can start to rebuild for the future. The club shouldn't have to wait until after Round 22 to start preparing for the next generation.

Maybe a couple more weeks, or not, but get rid of Wallace, get David King in as caretaker coach, tell Bowden and N Brown their services are no longer required effective immediately, blood all the youngsters, bottom out properly unlike when Wallace first got in.

Honestly, who would want to coach the basket case that we know as Richmond? Their list is the worst in the competition, with 1/3 set to retire or be retired at the end of 2009. The culture at the club is the worst. You'd only do it for the $$$, just as Wallace did.

Honestly, who would want to coach the basket case that we know as Richmond? Their list is the worst in the competition, with 1/3 set to retire or be retired at the end of 2009. The culture at the club is the worst. You'd only do it for the $$$, just as Wallace did.

8 players 27 or older, 6 of which played on the weekend. A new coach will need to make some hard decisions otherwise Richmond won't make finals within another 5 years. I'm happy for them to keep Richo for one more season, but I wouldn't begrudge the club from letting him go either. Within a couple of months, they will have 5 players 31 or older, that is way too many, especially for a struggling club.

No way worst possible appointment for collingwood in my opinnion

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach of Richmond - who is your choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back