Collingwood 2016 Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Swan had a better year because he was injury free. The club is trying to ensure Treloar starts 2016 injury free as well. It's a hell of a lot more important than not training with the main group in January. He seems to be doing a lot of running so general fitness shouldn't be an issue.

I am sure the Club is doing the Right Thing but might take him a month or 2 to fit 100% in

Yeah yeah, Treloar will be fine. It's Corey Gault i'm worried about!

Why doesn't anybody else seem concerned about how Gaulty is going?!

He looks bigger, but is probably just as shit.

I do hope he gets a look in in the nab cup though

And here I was hoping that the bitching amongst ourselves was 2015
How wrong you were Pica. Quite foolish to expect that really :p

I'm "moaning" about Treloar having Osteitis Pubis which is potentially dehabilitating injury, his long term prospect is the main concern.. you normally fail to see the key point.

Swan also has about 8 years worth of preseasons under his belt compared to Treloar, and was recovering from a different set of injuries... comparing the two is silly at best. How would you know Swan was a similar program? You're both just making complete guesses
Kappa I believe you have become unduly worried about Balme coining the phrase OP. I am not sure whether the club has used it before or just the more vague "chronic groin injury". Still it doesn't matter because it's the same thing. Once you heard Treloar had carried a groin injury through 2015 it meant he had OP. OP is a fairly non specific term which essentially means an inflammed groin.

With the pre season surgery he was always likely to be on a modified program for a while. There is no talk of any significant set back and he is apparently doing a fair amount of running and I am sure cross training. No doubt it's better always to have a full pre season but in Treloars case I would expect things are progressing not much differently to what's expected.

Collingwood recruits Jeremy Howe and Adam Treloar on track for Round 1 debuts for Magpies

Nice ambiguous headline from Foxsports there :p

Yeah yeah, Treloar will be fine. It's Corey Gault i'm worried about!

Why doesn't anybody else seem concerned about how Gaulty is going?!
Most of us are still in shock that Gault is still on an AFL list.

Kappa I believe you have become unduly worried about Balme coining the phrase OP. I am not sure whether the club has used it before or just the more vague "chronic groin injury". Still it doesn't matter because it's the same thing. Once you heard Treloar had carried a groin injury through 2015 it meant he had OP. OP is a fairly non specific term which essentially means an inflammed groin.

With the pre season surgery he was always likely to be on a modified program for a while. There is no talk of any significant set back and he is apparently doing a fair amount of running and I am sure cross training. No doubt it's better always to have a full pre season but in Treloars case I would expect things are progressing not much differently to what's expected.
Pffft, what would you know, you're only a surgeon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not impossible.

Here's a list of the players that kicked more than 50 last season.

de0c6fe2ca.png

Realistically we need at least one player inside this top 10 list if we want to achieve big things with the modern state of the game and Jamie Elliott is the only one of our players I can see doing it.
Cloke seems to have absolutely lost his touch from his career best seasons and can we really rely on him to be our prime target with his kicking ability? Best case scenario we get him to draw 2-3 defenders AWAY from the goalsquare (not inside it like last year) and we let our crumbers do the work which should be easier than last year with Howe / Treloar / Aish potentially rotating forward not to mention Macaffer coming back as a forward.

And hey, if Tory Dickson can do it, who's to say Elliott can't?
Agreed, its why im not too optimistic this year because the forward line is still one of the poorest in the league imo. Which isn't a bad thing, as its usually the last part you build.

Surgery was in early October for Treloar so we're now approaching four months without commencing full training.

With that being the case I can understand Kappa's (or anyone else's) concerns because our rehab team is notoriously poor with recent examples such as Freeman, Reid, Ramsay, Oxley, Sinclair, Broomhead and Gault of guys suffering injuries that have had recovery timelines stretched out for exceedingly long periods.

IMO, the club will have him right to go by round 1 he'll just be underdone. That doesn't preclude people from raising doubts because the communication and other aspects of injury management at Collingwood has been terrible since 2014.

Last edited:
Surgery was in early October for Treloar so we're now approaching four months plus without commencing full training.

With that being the case I can understand Kappa's (or anyone else's) concerns because our rehab team is notoriously poor with recent examples such as Freeman, Reid, Ramsay, Oxley, Sinclair, Broomhead and Gault of guys suffering injuries that have had recovery timelines stretched out for exceedingly long periods.

IMO, the club will have him right to go by round 1 he'll just be underdone. That doesn't preclude people from raising doubts because the communication and other aspects of injury management at Collingwood has been terrible since 2014.

It's a funny thing ...

... It's an area that Buckley seemed to be keen to address when he took over. For a while there we seemed to be getting earnest assessments out of the club (unlike under his predecessor). I guess Buckley then learnt that there is a good reason why clubs are deliberately vague about injury reports.

It's a funny thing ...

... It's an area that Buckley seemed to be keen to address when he took over. For a while there we seemed to be getting earnest assessments out of the club (unlike under his predecessor). I guess Buckley then learnt that there is a good reason why clubs are deliberately vague about injury reports.

I don't mind that myself and didn't word my previous post all that well to reflect that unfortunately.

I'd just prefer our rehab team to lift there game from terrible to average. The cynics on here may not necessarily agree though and I get that.

For mine underselling and overdelivering would be a fantastic shift from underselling and underdelivering...

Surgery was in early October for Treloar so we're now approaching four months without commencing full training.

He'll be fine, we'll make him the sub.:oops:

Swan was on a similar program last preseason. How did that work out?
This. No doubt AT will start out slowly and the natives will get restless. But come mid-season he'll be fine fitness wise, should he get no further/new injuries.

Yep not ideal and a bit disappointing but it's crazy to push a guy so early off what appears decent surgery, so early in his career. We risk a flair up of the injury and then he has ongoing problems for sometime or we take the safe path and ensure a slow and deliberate recovery, so when he comes back, at least the injury is 100%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood 2016 Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back